Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

Quote from: snw9 on Apr 02, 2016, 01:53 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 02, 2016, 12:23 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 12:20 PM
https://twitter.com/Radio1RockShow/status/716237035481264129
Quote*EXCLUSIVE* First play of Hearts/Wires by @deftones on Sunday's show @BBCR1!
#RockestRecord http://bbc.in/1MJjvZd 

I don't think I'll listen if the album hasn't leaked by then. All I want now is the full record.

Yep, figured this would be the song. Someone found the song listed on MySpace, just like doomed user..

If I am not mistaken, that would make it 5 pm EST when it comes out

2PM EST.

5 hours difference from BST.. 19:00BST = 7pm BST... which for my timezone is 3PM AST.. so 2PM EST.

Lurid Vega

Personally I like these lists, get to hear other hardcore fan's opinions. And I like how all of us are different but have so much love for all of it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

underneaththecar

Quote from: Lurid Vega on Apr 02, 2016, 01:57 PM
Personally I like these lists, get to hear other hardcore fan's opinions. And I like how all of us are different but have so much love for all of it.

As a long time fan i feel like that list can change on any given day too because their output has been so varied over the years

snw9

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 02, 2016, 01:56 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Apr 02, 2016, 01:53 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 02, 2016, 12:23 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 12:20 PM
https://twitter.com/Radio1RockShow/status/716237035481264129
Quote*EXCLUSIVE* First play of Hearts/Wires by @deftones on Sunday's show @BBCR1!
#RockestRecord http://bbc.in/1MJjvZd 

I don't think I'll listen if the album hasn't leaked by then. All I want now is the full record.

Yep, figured this would be the song. Someone found the song listed on MySpace, just like doomed user..

If I am not mistaken, that would make it 5 pm EST when it comes out

2PM EST.

5 hours difference from BST.. 19:00BST = 7pm BST... which for my timezone is 3PM AST.. so 2PM EST.

Right its 7-10pm I calculated it using 10 Pm. Thanks for the correction
Code: [Select]

Reichward

2MoreHours

Another SNW fan here...It is way up there for me but can't quite put it over White Pony.

White Pony
SNW
ATF
S/T
KNY
DE
Adrenaline

sooniletugo

Fuck it, you know I'll probably just listen to Hearts/Wires when it premieres on that shitty BBC radio show tonight. The anticipation for this album has reduced me to a desperate, pathetic shell of a human being, even more so than before.

snw9

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 02, 2016, 02:01 PM
Another SNW fan here...It is way up there for me but can't quite put it over White Pony.

White Pony
SNW
ATF
S/T
KNY
DE
Adrenaline

It's all about personal preference I am suprised to see a few people rating DE low, its actually a really good record thats heavy and packs some great songs.
Code: [Select]

Reichward

I'll listen to H/W in advance gladly if it's with a proper streaming quality. If it's just as lame as the initial Zane Lowe radio airing of P/T, I'll pass. I'm not as manic as to wait religiously for the CD-rip quality but I want a decent first approach for this song.

WORLD RECOOOORD

Lurid Vega

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 02, 2016, 02:02 PM
Fuck it, you know I'll probably just listen to Hearts/Wires when it premieres on that shitty BBC radio show tonight. The anticipation for this album has reduced me to a desperate, pathetic shell of a human being, even more so than before.
I agree with some of the other gentlemen, I want to wait for full album. I know myself though and as soon as I see a link, don't think I can even help it or resist. I am in total fiend mode for Gore

sooniletugo

I really want to wait for the full album as well. I'll try my best but I have a feeling it's not gonna be enough.

gwenudo

Quote from: snw9 on Apr 02, 2016, 02:05 PM

White Pony
SNW
ATF
S/T
KNY
DE
Adrenaline

It's all about personal preference I am suprised to see a few people rating DE low, its actually a really good record thats heavy and packs some great songs.
Honestly Diamond Eyes and Koi both felt too mainstream for me, its radio friendly in my opinion really.. Theyre not bad album by all means, i absolutely love certain tracks from both albums, but i dont get that weird deftones dark vibe from them and thats what i love mainly from them, im hoping Gore changes that.. So far, i believe Gore will be a homerun
Was it like it seemed?...

2MoreHours

White Pony
SNW
ATF
S/T
KNY
DE
Adrenaline

DE and KNY are really interchangeable for me.  I actually had DE ahead at first then flipped it.  Prince and Royal are about the only songs I love on that album while KNY has Goon Squad, Gauze, and Graphic Nature.

x Rx King x

I'm honestly surprised to see so many ppl placing Adrenaline at the bottom of their list, but I'm with you guys. Gun to my head...

S/T
White Pony
Diamond Eyes
ATF
SNW
KNY
Adrenaline

LG95

Just because an album's more optimistic doesn't mean it's mainstream. Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan are not radio-friendly albums.
I could float here forever

rainnyx4

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 02:13 PM
Just because an album's more optimistic doesn't mean it's mainstream. Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan are not radio-friendly albums.

TheyCallMeP

Here's another review. The description for (L)MIRL and Phantom Bride are pretty interesting.

http://www.emp.de/blog/musik/emp-exklusiv-gore-von-den-deftones-im-track-by-track-review/

BlackDiamondSkye

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 02, 2016, 01:41 PM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Apr 02, 2016, 01:16 PM
Especially this close to release id hold off on hearts/wires after all the hype we heard about it.. I mean unless you want to ruin the experience of hearing in context of the record for the first time.

I've never been one for 'the context of the album', to me it's just a collection of songs. I can listen in any order, I can listen to one song, etc., it doesn't make a difference to how I feel about the music. Plus I'm impatient as hell, so I'll be listening and it won't ruin anything. I mean, I'll kind of wish I could hear it fresh with the other new songs, but three out of eleven is fine, and I haven't overplayed any of these songs that we've heard.

Oh, and favourite albums order:
- White Pony.
- Deftones.
- Adrenaline.
- Koi No Yokan.
- Saturday Night Wrist.
- Around the Fur.
- Diamond Eyes.

Edit: Wow, I forgot Saturday Night Wrist, haha. It's not even my least favourite.

I agree with you somewhat, I can listen to any of the songs as just songs. Although sometimes the outro to a song can make the next one seem better or cooler. I often just listen to albums straight,but Deftones have so much range that they are superb on shuffle.

It's cool to see how radically different everyone ranks their discography, most of the albums are very interchangeable for me and I love them all for different reasons.

I rank ATF so high because it feels so raw but more refined than Adrenaline, and Koi No Yokan because it's powerful and flows great.
SNW I ranked lower because it feels kind of disjointed to me, and Adenaline because it's kinda less "artsy" and has less dynamic range in the songs.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 02, 2016, 02:09 PM

White Pony
SNW
ATF
S/T
KNY
DE
Adrenaline

Honestly Diamond Eyes and Koi both felt too mainstream for me, its radio friendly in my opinion really.. Theyre not bad album by all means, i absolutely love certain tracks from both albums, but i dont get that weird deftones dark vibe from them and thats what i love mainly from them, im hoping Gore changes that.. So far, i believe Gore will be a homerun

This is exactly how I feel.  DE seems too "safe," to me.  It's like they didn't take very many risks (no pun intended) with that one.  It's just kind of boring at parts.  It's not bad, necessarily, just definitely the worst in their catalogue for me.  Other than Royal and Prince, I never really listen to any of the other songs from that album.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

pinata89

So...did Terry Date really have hand in mixing "Gore," or was that just some bullshit rumor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk