8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

LG95

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 02, 2016, 03:54 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 03:50 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 02, 2016, 03:49 PM
The best option, for me, would be to replace Back to School with The Boy's Republic in the BEGINNING.  I agree, nothing should come after Pink Maggot, it's such a fantastic way to end the album.  Back to School pretty much sucks, and TBR is an amazing song, and would even fit as an opener with that intro.  Somebody find a time machine...
Meh, I still don't think so. I ADORE Feiticeira as an opener.

Feiticeira is a good song, but doesn't necessarily feel as "opener-ish" as that intro to The Boy's Republic does.  Just like Vesanic mentioned, TBR is definitely one of the best Deftones songs there is, top 10 easy, maybe even top 5.  I feel like it deserves a place on the album for that fact alone.

Of course this is all subjective, and an effort in futility, since that's not how it happened and it never will be that way.  Just trying to have fun and kill time waiting for the leak.
See I don't think TBR would work as a White Pony opener. Feiticeira works as an opener because it's a really varied song, it captures so much of what the band were at that time and the intro of it works brilliantly - the guitar riff at the start, followed by the drums coming in, followed by Chino and Chi launching in together - it just feels like an introduction and a great place to start. TBR is too dark and tense to start off that album, which is why it works as a standalone song.
I could float here forever

gwenudo

My shit after i finally listen to Gore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

BlueBackpack

adrenaline >= atf > wp > de > kny = st > snw

actually I shouldn't even put snw on this since I don't like a single track off of it, gave it 3 shots listening to it in full at different times spanning years

sharinglungs

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 02, 2016, 03:57 PM
https://twitter.com/scuzztv/status/716286604864688129
Interview with Chino today apparently

It's probably the same one they've shown 10 times on Scuzz in the last week or so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZIis3x3G9o

BallZDeeP

Lol gwen

Vesanic

They should just tour Gore and WP altogether and call it the White Flamingo tour

gwenudo

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 02, 2016, 04:07 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 02, 2016, 03:57 PM
https://twitter.com/scuzztv/status/716286604864688129
Interview with Chino today apparently

It's probably the same one they've shown 10 times on Scuzz in the last week or so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZIis3x3G9o
True, wonder why they need to promote it if many have seen it already

Mr Blonde

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 03:39 PM
Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 02, 2016, 03:35 PM
Adrenaline isn't the band Deftones are now, but it's what got me into them.  Elite, Rx Queen, Street Carp, Teenager, are all songs I usually skip through.  I wasn't a big fan of White Pony when it first came out, and never really warmed up to it.  Boys Republic should've been on the regular album

Fair point.

But see, even there I can't agree haha. I think the way The Boy's Republic was brought to us couldn't have worked any better. When I listen to White Pony, I really don't want to hear a damn thing after Pink Maggit, as for the artistic experience and the whole "trip record" I mean. The Boy's Republic being issued on limited editions really feels like "Here's another sparkle from that era we didn't dare to give you before, for your enjoyment", and that's what I link it to when I hear it. It's one of their best songs hands down and totally feels White Pony-ish, but as weird as it sounds I don't think it has its place on it.

Edit : LOVERS ON THE CONTRARY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE FUCKING RECORD

I definitely agree Pink Maggot is the better closer, but BR between Change and PM would've been perfect, imo.  I bought the red case before I got the regular version, so my first listen through was with it on.  White Pony has some of the best work, just not overall.  That's just me though.  And "Lovers" is one the best songs they've done.  Idk what Chino was thinking leaving that off S/T

Sleeping_Giant

http://m.imgur.com/tqyjbTa
I forced kids to play this with me while waiting for gore

jciraheta

around the fur
SNW
adrenaline
self titeld
white pony
koi no yokan
diamond eyes

Lurid Vega

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 02, 2016, 04:11 PM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 03:39 PM
Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 02, 2016, 03:35 PM
Adrenaline isn't the band Deftones are now, but it's what got me into them.  Elite, Rx Queen, Street Carp, Teenager, are all songs I usually skip through.  I wasn't a big fan of White Pony when it first came out, and never really warmed up to it.  Boys Republic should've been on the regular album

Fair point.

But see, even there I can't agree haha. I think the way The Boy's Republic was brought to us couldn't have worked any better. When I listen to White Pony, I really don't want to hear a damn thing after Pink Maggit, as for the artistic experience and the whole "trip record" I mean. The Boy's Republic being issued on limited editions really feels like "Here's another sparkle from that era we didn't dare to give you before, for your enjoyment", and that's what I link it to when I hear it. It's one of their best songs hands down and totally feels White Pony-ish, but as weird as it sounds I don't think it has its place on it.

Edit : LOVERS ON THE CONTRARY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE FUCKING RECORD

I definitely agree Pink Maggot is the better closer, but BR between Change and PM would've been perfect, imo.  I bought the red case before I got the regular version, so my first listen through was with it on.  White Pony has some of the best work, just not overall.  That's just me though.  And "Lovers" is one the best songs they've done.  Idk what Chino was thinking leaving that off S/T
Maybe like a hidden track after Moana.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Reichward

illthrowROCKS@U

And "Lovers" is one the best songs they've done.  Idk what Chino was thinking leaving that off S/T

We went through this in another thread fairly recently.  Apparently it was recorded too late to be added to the record.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

gwenudo

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 02, 2016, 04:16 PM
And "Lovers" is one the best songs they've done.  Idk what Chino was thinking leaving that off S/T

We went through this in another thread fairly recently.  Apparently it was recorded too late to be added to the record.
Thought it was pulled cause it leaked way too early and pissed off chino?

illthrowROCKS@U

9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore