Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurid Vega

I am also glad Phantom Bride isn't the Chuck snippets. Phantom Bride is amazing just how it is. Can't wait for that other song also

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Looooove the new direction and love u guys almost as much! Thank u everyone. It took everyone to share. Loved that...give my two cents after I hear the full lp
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 02, 2016, 08:34 PM
Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 02, 2016, 08:33 PM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 02, 2016, 08:30 PM
I listened to AH and it's great.  Downloaded the others, but thinking about holding out until the album leaks.

Yeah, half of the album has leaked.. surely the whole thing will drop pretty soon.
I downloaded them, just in case.. but I'm gonna hold off on listening to any of them for a little while
half?
Well, maybe not half but including prayers/triangles & doomed user - that's like 5 tracks, plus whichever one that's coming out tomorrow with Zane Lowe

Entombed

Quote from: kameron632 on Apr 02, 2016, 08:35 PM
All of these songs are fucking good!!!
Def better than KNY already in my opinion

It sounds less like the Deftones to me overall than KNY. Feels like a creative leap away from the direction the band was taking, but I'm not crazy about the material yet. My main qualm is the relatively predictable song structure on many of the tracks.

I had the same sort of issue with KNY as well. Just too repetitive.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

BallZDeeP

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 02, 2016, 08:37 PM
I listened to AH and it's great.  Downloaded the others, but thinking about holding out until the album leaks.

Yeah, half of the album has leaked.. surely the whole thing will drop pretty soon.
I downloaded them, just in case.. but I'm gonna hold off on listening to any of them for a little while
half?
Well, maybe not half but including prayers/triangles & doomed user - that's like 5 tracks, plus whichever one that's coming out tomorrow with Zane Lowe

thats why i like you

dearthx1

Quote from: Taurini82 on Apr 02, 2016, 08:36 PM
Ive got acid hologram. any chance of getting links to the others  :D

NO LINKS

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 02, 2016, 08:37 PM

half?

Hearts/Wires.

So once that comes out, more than half.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Phantrim

Help a bro out

phantrim@gmail.com

Have a nice day weekend everyone.

phil for real

Wonder if this full thing will leak soon?

Phantasmagoria

Phantom Bride... my god Q_Q

Gore is incredible and kicks ass too

Can't wait for full quality

glasstone1983

Good day to be a Deftones fan. Very happy with these songs so far. Pre ordered mega bundle and limited vinyl plus just bought PIT tickets this week so I needed this today. ;)

xLhabiax

Would love to hear these tracks, can one of you kindly email me at
Dbudasi@yahoo.com
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

BallZDeeP

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 02, 2016, 08:39 PM
Wonder if this full thing will leak soon?

friday :P

RaptureWS

Quote from: Entombed on Apr 02, 2016, 08:37 PM

It sounds less like the Deftones to me overall than KNY. Feels like a creative leap away from the direction the band was taking, but I'm not crazy about the material yet. My main qualm is the relatively predictable song structure on many of the tracks.

IDK if I would say repetitive. Most Deftones songs are traditional/predictable in a sense. But I agree 100% about the change in sound and not totally feeling yet. I ADORE every album, even SNW. This is first time I have ever felt a sense of disappointment in my 18 years of being a fan. Then again, S/T took a few weeks to grow on me and we have only heard 5 songs.

Except Gore. Gore fucking rocks.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

deftonesluvrbrazil

Damnit, mediafire is reeeeally slow rn.

kameron632

I can see that. KNY just felt pieced together too much. I know that they make most of their albums like that but KNY was just too noticeable.
Romantic Dreams has to be the weirdest song ive ever heard from them. So far this album seems to be more like DE. But i will agree this is far off from what i expected and they really have changed their sound alot.

daicula

Thanks to whoever sent the link! I appreciate it!

kameron632

Risk, Gauze, Gore

all have the same feel, anyone else think the same?

BallZDeeP

Quote from: kameron632 on Apr 02, 2016, 08:42 PM
Risk, Gauze, Gore

all have the same feel, anyone else think the same?

more rocket skates than gauze

Entombed

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 02, 2016, 08:40 PM

IDK if I would say repetitive. Most Deftones songs are traditional/predictable in a sense. But I agree 100% about the change in sound and not totally feeling yet. I ADORE every album, even SNW. This is first time I have ever felt a sense of disappointment in my 18 years of being a fan. Then again, S/T took a few weeks to grow on me and we have only heard 5 songs.

Except Gore. Gore fucking rocks.

Gore is my gf's favorite. When it comes to structure, I have an easier time digesting a predictable structure than an overly repetitive one. Unfortunately, the songs so far feature both. Maybe I feel that they're more repetitive because the parts are more drawn out and the tempos seem a bit slower than earlier work, but the structure sounds more pieced together than anything I've heard by them (PERHAPS aside from KNY).
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.