Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamlr

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 02, 2016, 09:57 PM
I regret listening to them, too. Already deleted all the new songs from my phone and I'm going to wait until friday to put on my vinyl copy

THIS!!

rainnyx4

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 09:53 PM
Honest advice :

I'm grateful to YouWOuldKnow, thank you very much again. But I feel bad having listened to these. Didn't have this problem with DE and KNY, but here you can definitely tell they aimed for something bigger as a whole and this NEEDS to be heard in one shot. I will hold off on listening to anything else before Apr 8. I suggest you do the same. I know, it sounds easy from someone who's heard half of it, but like I said I kinda regret it already.

This is precisely why I've avoided listening to everything from the album so far (save for those initial P/T teasers and those Chuck Doom clips from way back). KNY showed that this band is moving to a new phase where instead of just throwing together a bunch of songs, they're attempting to craft albums as a single digestible piece. That said, I've already pre-ordered the album and will gladly listen to a high quality leak of the album once it's out there.

Substance Abuse

This is the first time I've logged in since KYN came out. Should have come back sooner, lol.

colonelsausage

I don't know how I'd feel listening to a whole album freshly from a band I'm really into, ever since I can remember I've listened to snippets or leaks before the release and now it's just become a part of how I enjoy it. I remember Amazon etc would post 30 sec or so clips and that was it, I'd have them on repeat over and over then when I heard the full songs I was blown away. I feel clips gets me hooked, but yeh I had the chance to wait and I never do im an addict to the music

Berserker_Armor

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 02, 2016, 09:11 PM
Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 02, 2016, 09:10 PM
Ragged Record Store. Closes at 5... I'll never make it but I'll try. Fuk

holy shit please get this!

I'm sorry. I'm really fucking sorry. Im at a rest stop on the highway, had to turn around. They wouldn't  stay open... I was still 25 miles out.

I needed 15 more mins. Seriously fuck.

:( sorry guys

Diplo

Honest advice :

I'm grateful to YouWOuldKnow, thank you very much again. But I feel bad having listened to these. Didn't have this problem with DE and KNY, but here you can definitely tell they aimed for something bigger as a whole and this NEEDS to be heard in one shot. I will hold off on listening to anything else before Apr 8. I suggest you do the same. I know, it sounds easy from someone who's heard half of it, but like I said I kinda regret it already.

If you listen it just one, two or three times, the day you hear the whole things it's like the first time. So I'm okay with the leak.

ClevelandCaliRyder

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 09:47 PM
Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Apr 02, 2016, 09:40 PM
Those whisper "breakdowns" or whatever on Acid Hologram (1:20, 2:25) really remind me of stuff from ATF, which is probably why I really dislike those parts...
AH would definitely be a 10/10 song without those parts...imo of course.
Still an amazing song.
Oh mate, the whispered vocals have always been one of my favourite things about Chino's singing. I've missed hearing him do those.

That's fair, i don't dislike the vocals, so much as that part of the music just feels like it was copied and pasted from a different song completely. ruins the flow of the song in my opinion.
I'm a little harder on ATF than i should be honestly, the only song i genuinely dislike from it is MX. the rest range from "Good" to "Alright..."
Adrenaline is really the only 'Tones album i don't listen to any songs from.

in other news, i'm playing AH on repeat, I really shouldn't, but i can't stop.

kurtone

Big thanks to YouWOuldKnow and the guys who were dispersing via email and DM's. I forgot how hectic this site gets whenever we're this close to an album release/leak. Good times.

Substance Abuse

Anyone care to hook up it? Would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 02, 2016, 10:00 PM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 02, 2016, 09:11 PM
Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 02, 2016, 09:10 PM
Ragged Record Store. Closes at 5... I'll never make it but I'll try. Fuk

holy shit please get this!

I'm sorry. I'm really fucking sorry. Im at a rest stop on the highway, had to turn around. They wouldn't  stay open... I was still 25 miles out.

I needed 15 more mins. Seriously fuck.

:( sorry guys
Ahh you gave it a shot! Surely this thing will leak by the end of the day.. Too many people have it now for it to not leak soon

Vesanic

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 02, 2016, 09:59 PM
Honest advice :

This is precisely why I've avoided listening to everything from the album so far (save for those initial P/T teasers and those Chuck Doom clips from way back). KNY showed that this band is moving to a new phase where instead of just throwing together a bunch of songs, they're attempting to craft albums as a single digestible piece. That said, I've already pre-ordered the album and will gladly listen to a high quality leak of the album once it's out there.

Correct. Wish I was smart enough to have realized this alone.

nimmerzz

Is everyone done dispursing?

I'd like to listen please!!!!

fitch

Anyone care to share the new songs with me as well? I will share with the next person going forward.

felloffthestage@live.ca

Berserker_Armor

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 10:02 PM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 02, 2016, 09:59 PM
Honest advice :

Correct. Wish I was smart enough to have realized this alone.

Your inbox is full ves. Tried to PM you
They wouldn't stay open and I am still 25 miles away. Just pulled into a pit stop for the update. I'm sorry, I needed to find out just 15 mins earlier.

I feel terrible. Wanted to be the hero and hear the album.

Vesanic

Quote from: Diplo on Apr 02, 2016, 10:00 PM
If you listen it just one, two or three times, the day you hear the whole things it's like the first time. So I'm okay with the leak.

Yeah but I'm terrible with patterns, especially when it comes to my favorite music, I can be quite the cookie monster.

sheiko_23

Phantom Bride <33333333333333

LG95

Had you asked me this morning, I wouldn't have listened to them but the chaos over whether there was a leak made me desperately want to hear them when I could.

I don't really regret listening to them though, I've only played each of them once so I haven't built any memory of any of them, apart from my initial reactions.
I could float here forever

Capt Snow

I love Gore the most out of all of them.

Seven

Quote from: AJPV24 on Apr 02, 2016, 09:44 PM
Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 02, 2016, 09:42 PM
Quote from: Deadradio on Apr 02, 2016, 09:40 PM
Phantom Bride (currently creating tears)

hello, can you please send me phantom bride? ramonfr2014@gmail.com

all set, i sent gore too because i dont have them individually.

PM all songs possible please

rykys

If anyone could please hook me up with a link via PM, i'd appreciate it...