Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

I have to say, ever since I joined the forum ('08 I think), this is the biggest activity I've seen. I know internet has exploded in eight years, but it's not just that. I don't remember such rumble during the KNY phase, although I know I was the downer about it.

sooniletugo

Those P/T lyrics in the booklet must be wrong. He definitely says "I will NEVER walk this street again". Just listen to it. Surely they couldn't misprint it twice. What's up with that?

Substance Abuse

A high quality link would be nice. Hopefully it happens soon. Buying tickets on April 14th and already have the album pre-ordered.

sharinglungs

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 03, 2016, 12:34 AM
Those P/T lyrics in the booklet must be wrong. He definitely says "I will NEVER walk this street again". Just listen to it. Surely they couldn't misprint it twice. What's up with that?

Yes it is wrong. Chino/Warner are famous for their lyrical errors in the booklets.. but at least it's close enough that we don't need to guess some words.

Berserker_Armor

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 12:34 AM
I have to say, ever since I joined the forum ('08 I think), this is the biggest activity I've seen. I know internet has exploded in eight years, but it's not just that. I don't remember such rumble during the KNY phase, although I know I was the downer about it.

I was on here back in 03, for S/T. Today reminded me of that. Whole album leaked, I burned a CD and took a late cruise. Remember it well. Really looking forward to that again as this is as hyped as I've been since.

phil for real

Prob won't leak until around Tuesday if I had to guess.

sooniletugo

The Doomed User mystery has been solved - "queen of filth". Some thought it was "queen of pop" lmao.

sharinglungs

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 03, 2016, 12:39 AM
The Doomed User mystery has been solved - "queen of filth". Some thought it was "queen of pop" lmao.

I think the bigger mystery was the "Stuck in your web of shit".. people were saying "Weapon Sheath" and I was saying Web of Shame.

Berserker_Armor

Queen of filth is cool. I woulda bet it was Queen of pain

Mr Blonde

This album has alot more mystique surrounding it, opposed to KNY.  The delays, rumors of disagreements and the longer wait, seems to have everybody chomping at the bit for a taste of Gore. 
I'm expecting something as experimental as SNW, but with more focus and coherence.  Better production too

Hinojos

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 03, 2016, 12:39 AM

True, I thought he said "queen of nothing" haha. I still kinda think he does since the Prayers/Triangles lyrics are wrong on one part but who knows.
And on the "web of shit" part, i thought he either said that or "repulsion"

BallZDeeP

What i miss out on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFTNSHXGRM

We've deciphered some of the lyrics.. other than that, just F5'n like a mug haha

sooniletugo

So Chino really likes singing about shapes on this album.

Track 1 - "Triangles placed in your mind"
Track 2 - "Smother me in shapes, in a secret praxis"
Track 4 - it's entitled Geometric Headdress, I can only imagine what's in store

phil for real

So tempted to listen to Phantom Bride.  Should I?  Or is the quality awful?

sharinglungs

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 03, 2016, 12:50 AM
So tempted to listen to Phantom Bride.  Should I?  Or is the quality awful?

quality is ok, I find it distorts near the end though, not too bad though.

DFTNSHXGRM

Chino sounds like he's staying more within his vocal range on these new tracks. I sort of felt like on a few tracks from KNY he was pushing his high notes to the max.. like Leathers for example. Which sounds great, but live he has a harder time hitting those notes sometimes. I'll probably get crucified for saying that though lol

adigital

anyone jot down the lyrics for phantom bride yet?

Adowould

Hey, whats up?! Im new here...im currently working on a cruise ship, with very limited internet access..been waiting for this record for a looooooong time just like you, and now I see that has leaked (or a few songs)...I was wondering if any of you could send me the songs to my email acount! is adolfotrepiana@gmail.com Pleeeeeeaaaaaase! Hahahaha, that would be great! thank you!

sooniletugo

That's true about "web of shit" haha, I was surprised to see that in the booklet. I did think he was just saying "re-pul-sion". And I thought it was "queen of pain" too.