Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtone

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 12:50 AM
Chino sounds like he's staying more within his vocal range on these new tracks. I sort of felt like on a few tracks from KNY he was pushing his high notes to the max.. like Leathers for example. Which sounds great, but live he has a harder time hitting those notes sometimes. I'll probably get crucified for saying that though lol

Nah I've wondered how he'll pull off some of this newer stuff live, I've also wondered how many of these new songs actually get played live, and how many will become regular setlist staples.

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: kurtone on Apr 03, 2016, 12:53 AM
Chino sounds like he's staying more within his vocal range on these new tracks. I sort of felt like on a few tracks from KNY he was pushing his high notes to the max.. like Leathers for example. Which sounds great, but live he has a harder time hitting those notes sometimes. I'll probably get crucified for saying that though lol

Nah I've wondered how he'll pull off some of this newer stuff live, I've also wondered how many of these new songs actually get played live, and how many will become regular setlist staples.
I'm thinking "Gore" will stay on the setlist for a long time.

ghettovaquero

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 12:54 AM
Quote from: kurtone on Apr 03, 2016, 12:53 AM

I'm thinking "Gore" will stay on the setlist for a long time.
Unless chino buries it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sooniletugo

Adowould, I just forwarded the Gore/Phantom Bride file to you as well as Acid Hologram. Hope you got them ok. What's it like working on a cruise ship anyway?

DFTNSHXGRM

I'm super anxious to her Xenon.. just hearing that 20 second clip, it's already one of my favorites. That drum beat is really outside the box

sooniletugo

Didn't Chino state recently that "Gore" was his least favourite of the album? Even besides that, I can't imagine him performing all those screams live while playing guitar at the same time. Leathers and Combat were a nightmare for him and he doesn't even attempt the screams at the end of Royal anymore.

I do agree that the vocals on this album seem more suited to his capabilities though. Def sounds more real, more live, which I love.

DFTNSHXGRM

I wish someone would just give the album to us so we can hear it. I don't give a shit about uploading to a torrent site. I just want all of us to listen to it!!

rageman02uk

So i've come back from a messy night out with the lads, omg this shit is real.. im glad you guys have heard this and i cant wait.. I'll wait for my CD, but cant wait to hear peeps thoughts on it.. Happy Days Lads n Lasse's

x Rx King x

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 01:00 AM
I wish someone would just give the album to us so we can hear it. I don't give a shit about uploading to a torrent site. I just want all of us to listen to it!!

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 03, 2016, 12:59 AM
Didn't Chino state recently that "Gore" was his least favourite of the album? Even besides that, I can't imagine him performing all those screams live while playing guitar at the same time. Leathers and Combat were a nightmare for him and he doesn't even attempt the screams at the end of Royal anymore.

I do agree that the vocals on this album seem more suited to his capabilities though. Def sounds more real, more live, which I love.

I didn't realize that he plays on Gore. Just hearing it, it sounds like something he would be doin his thing, on the railing over the crowd. If that's the case, then yea, you're probably right. He wants to play guitar more, but that's kinda messed up that he doesn't want to do it live as much.. oh well, he's Chino.. he can do whatever he wants lol

underneaththecar

Quote from: x Rx King x on Apr 03, 2016, 01:05 AM
Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 01:00 AM
agreed

Jimmy_McNulty

Hey! What's up? Haven't you completely ruined the first experience with Gore yet?

DFTNSHXGRM

Nah bruh - loving every minute of it. don't troll

sooniletugo

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 01:05 AM
Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 03, 2016, 12:59 AM

I didn't realize that he plays on Gore. Just hearing it, it sounds like something he would be doin his thing, on the railing over the crowd. If that's the case, then yea, you're probably right. He wants to play guitar more, but that's kinda messed up that he doesn't want to do it live as much.. oh well, he's Chino.. he can do whatever he wants lol

Me too. When I listen to it I had that image of him going crazy on the crowd barrier, like Hexagram, and I don't notice his guitar playing on it. But according to an interview that was posted earlier, he plays guitar on every song except Doomed User.

pelican fly

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 01:09 AM

got it on VLC all equalized and shit...

pinata89

Quote from: pelican fly on Apr 03, 2016, 01:10 AM

Just the three vinyl rips? Or everything?!

pelican fly

lol just the vinyl rips

i'd share

BallZDeeP

Quote from: pelican fly on Apr 03, 2016, 01:10 AM

Lol why bother?

bcoberly

praying to the music gods that this leaks in the next two hours before I have to get out of here. Already have the vinyl coming. I've been in this message board literally since I woke up...

pinata89

Quote from: bcoberly on Apr 03, 2016, 01:13 AM
praying to the music gods that this leak in the next two hours before I have to get out of here. Already have the vinyl coming. I've been in this message board literally since I woke up...
Same