Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoop

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 03, 2016, 03:56 AM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 03, 2016, 03:54 AM
Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 03, 2016, 03:49 AM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 03, 2016, 03:46 AM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 03, 2016, 03:45 AM
Every time BallzDeep makes a post, it comforts me haha.  Just knowing you've been in here for days on end lol.
Plenty of us have been in here for days or years on end.. just not constantly shitposting though.

whats that supposed to mean?
It simply means there's plenty of the same people that've "been in here for days on end", you just might not notice as not everyone shitposts like that. And that's not a dig, i'd rather read all the hype posts vs. nothing at all.

im just in here excited, and sharing this experience with everyone else. I have been coming and going on each album on SL forums since '06. Once the hype dies down, most of us will until the next cycle
Right on man. Kinda sucks when everyone leaves again every single cycle after it drops.

spiraltune

Gore is pretty sick. Phantom Bride is haunting. Im diggin these new tunes.

BallZDeeP

Quote from: shoop on Apr 03, 2016, 04:00 AM
Every time BallzDeep makes a post, it comforts me haha.  Just knowing you've been in here for days on end lol.
Plenty of us have been in here for days or years on end.. just not constantly shitposting though.

It simply means there's plenty of the same people that've "been in here for days on end", you just might not notice as not everyone shitposts like that. And that's not a dig, i'd rather read all the hype posts vs. nothing at all.

im just in here excited, and sharing this experience with everyone else. I have been coming and going on each album on SL forums since '06. Once the hype dies down, most of us will until the next cycle
Right on man. Kinda sucks when everyone leaves again every single cycle.

well i havent ever left..just stayed in the dark with nothing useful to contribute. I see everything though

close your window blinds

shine down unshy

Acid Hologram is definitely going to be a classic.  It oozes 90's....Frank's blowing it up with those keys..

Entombed

Quote from: heythere on Apr 03, 2016, 03:57 AM
Gore might be the pound for pound heaviest song I've heard from them.  I think it's better than WGTB. Better than Lotion or anything off ATF.

If you're enjoying it that much, I'm super happy for you.
Tell the one about the man who dug holes so deep, he lost sight of his word.

teamlr

Right on man. Kinda sucks when everyone leaves again every single cycle after it drops.

One love fellas!

BallZDeeP

Quote from: teamlr on Apr 03, 2016, 04:02 AM

One love fellas!

hell ya..all about love today!..i loved waking up and taking my dog to get groomed, fired off a few hundred rounds with the wife and friends, ate some bomb hot wings..and look..im back in here with all of you

phil for real

wonder how long it takes to rip an album?  i'm on edge haha

tarkil

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 03:38 AM
If you have an open mind and you think its fun to keep repeating songs/records to make them 'click' with you, ya going to love it

I definitely feel like I'm gonna love it!
Good to see you back around here old friend!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

BlackDiamondSkye

lol I'm planning on sticking around here after the album drops, I basically just never liked posting things on the internet before. But I'm always fuckin down to talk with Deftones fans so I decided to make an account.

Ieatzombies84

Looking forward to the better full rip quality man. Thanks! I've been on this board since 06' and lost my damn password and username. So, back to the start. Feeling they peeps!

shoop

Listened to the 3 tracks twice each earlier, still trying hard to wait for the full thing to leak before listening again.

seasick

YOU'RE TELLING ME SOMETHING LEAKED?! I was at a wedding! I couldn't do anything! Please somebody, anybody, send me something!

BallZDeeP

i was hanging out with some of you on the old teamsleep boards before here hah

teamlr

Quote from: Ieatzombies84 on Apr 03, 2016, 04:04 AM
Looking forward to the better full rip quality man. Thanks! I've been on this board since 06' and lost my damn password and username. So, back to the start. Feeling they peeps!

Same happened to me bro, cheers.

shoop

Quote from: seasick on Apr 03, 2016, 04:06 AM
YOU'RE TELLING ME SOMETHING LEAKED?! I was at a wedding! I couldn't do anything! Please somebody, anybody, send me something!
Honestly man, I would wait to hear the thing in full if ldeaf2 comes through real soon. Especially if he's going to re-rip with better quality.

ANattyRat

Acid Hologram is awesome, the vocal melody's interesting, weird, and the guitars add to this dark, slow but heavy feeling. Lyrics are great, didn't a review say they were abstract? Can definitely see that. OK, listened to all three songs once, that's it now until the whole album leaks. Which might not be long, but best I can do. I overplayed Rocket Skates so damn much, and that was fine because it was just one song. If I overplay the five songs we have, that's almost half the album I'll be skipping for a long time in order to listen to the other songs more, which would suck. So...once each.

I'm very happy though, it does sound like a rather experimental, unorthodox (from them) album with a lot of twists and turns, unafraid to go to dark or angry places, like they were for the last two, I think. Also like how the music (particularly the vocals) don't sound as clean and polished, perfect-sounding as the last two albums. Prayers/Triangles was the closes to that, and it works on that song. The others, they have a more raw feel, which suits the music perfectly.

Not sure how people say Gore is one of the heaviest songs they've done in a long time, but then again, I guess my definition of heavy is more like Hexagram or WGTB, when Chino is vocally aggressive as well as the music. Which he is at parts during Gore (the song), but not throughout.

heythere

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 03, 2016, 03:59 AM
Quote from: heythere on Apr 03, 2016, 03:57 AM
Gore might be the pound for pound heaviest song I've heard from them.  I think it's better than WGTB. Better than Lotion or anything off ATF.
Calm down. Your making an emotional opinion. Let it simmer a bit

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Why?  Abe sounds inspired and you can hear the attack from the bubinga kit, the vocals are beautiful and frantic, the bass cuts even in the vinyl rip quality.  The song is bad ass and i already prefer it over WGTB which I love.  If Chino's throat can hold up to singing this song every night the crowd is going to be apeshit.  I love the spacy tidbit from the Hearts/Wires live snippet so I'm looking forward to that as well, but Gore is going to be my favorite song without question.

plagasx

I need this album in my veins fucking ASAP

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

phil for real

Love the drumming on the song Gore.