Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elite54

*peeks head around corner* I'm not new. I'd love to hear it. PM?

RaptureWS

Need sleep....
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

play

Can you guys be specific on how the quality of this leak is?

Has it been recorded from a vinyl with a mic?

MP3 quality?

Distortion everywhere?

Thanks

SCUM

Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 03, 2016, 08:45 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 08:43 AM
Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 03, 2016, 08:41 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 08:39 AM
After all the anticipation, I haven't even listened to the album yet, haha. Between being on this forum/sharing it, and eating, I have to wait until I'm not distracted because I can't multi-task.

So I guess you judged that I don't deserve it right? It's ok, I understand, I would be picky if I had it.

Nah, dude, it's not that you don't deserve it, it's just that it's been given to me/us and I want to respect the conditions of that, not to give out the link to new people who've only joined to ask around about a link.

Well, I joined days ago, but fine.

haha..it's become one of those things. funny part is i probably saw tones while most were still swimming in their dad's sack. wait for a better rip..i assure they'll be a 320 one floating around soon

colonelsausage

I love this forum and the anticipation of the new album, great to have a place to check every minute of the day lol

NYRexall

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 08:34 AM

Have you heard P/T and Doomed User, or managed to avoid those as well? Yeah, sometimes I feel like I want to hold out for the full album, but there's just no way I can be that patient, haha.

Nope, haven't heard either yet. Just that 30-second clip of P/T when it first dropped in February. This album is going to be totally fresh to my ears when I get my hands on it  :)

Substance Abuse

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 08:45 AM
Quote from: Substance Abuse on Apr 03, 2016, 08:37 AMI would really love some new NIN this year.

It's coming. Trent confirmed it on Twitter this past December that 2016 will bear new NIN  ;D

Let's hope so. I really would like him to branch out and work with some more electronically minded artists this year.

Vesanic

Quote from: play on Apr 03, 2016, 08:47 AM

MP3 quality?

Distortion everywhere?

Thanks

Lots of washy-wash drums, compression, etc. Gives a good idea of the thing but lots of layers must be missing. It's a straight vinyl rip, in low quality.

ANattyRat

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 08:47 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 08:34 AM

Have you heard P/T and Doomed User, or managed to avoid those as well? Yeah, sometimes I feel like I want to hold out for the full album, but there's just no way I can be that patient, haha.

Nope, haven't heard either yet. Just that 30-second clip of P/T when it first dropped in February. This album is going to be totally fresh to my ears when I get my hands on it  :)

Jeez, maximum self-control, dude. Especially to be hanging around the album and so close to it all, that's crazy, haha. What did you think of Hesitation Marks by the way?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: play on Apr 03, 2016, 08:47 AM

MP3 quality?

Distortion everywhere?

Thanks
183kbps mp3, not distorted just compressed

play

Cheers thanks ves

Deft_ones

I won't bother asking for a link, but may I ask one of you about (L)MIRL? Been super curious about that song because of reviews for awhile now.

NYRexall

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 08:46 AM
Need sleep....

Seriously? No way..

What do you like about it? What's it sound like?

deftonesluvrbrazil

Then, I bet when you finally have the album, you think "ok, what am i gonna do with this now?"

Substance Abuse

Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 03, 2016, 08:51 AM
I won't bother asking for a link, but may I ask one of you about (L)MIRL? Been super curious about that song because of reviews for awhile now.

It's a bit dark, more of a ballad type song for the Deftones. Heavy bass. Chino's playing all over the track.

Deft_ones

Quote from: Substance Abuse on Apr 03, 2016, 08:54 AM

It's a bit dark, more of a ballad type song for the Deftones. Heavy bass. Chino's playing all over the track.

Thanks for replying man. Which is heavier, Gore or (L)MIRL?

DeftonesNZ

Creepy at first, thick clean guitar sound and Chino being ominous then has uplifting moments where guitar goes happier but sounds a bit quirky, reminds me of slint a bit.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 03, 2016, 08:55 AM
Quote from: Substance Abuse on Apr 03, 2016, 08:54 AM

Thanks for replying man. Which is heavier, Gore or (L)MIRL?
LMIRL isn't heavy it kind of moves along at a slow place

SCUM

goodnite deftones message board elitist

RaptureWS

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 08:52 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 08:46 AM
Need sleep....

Seriously? No way..

What do you like about it? What's it sound like?

I am not good at describing songs with words, but at first and only listen so far it reminded me of maybe...if Romantic Dreams was better and a bit heavier. OMG so good....
When people whisper it makes her nervous.