Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deft_ones

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Apr 03, 2016, 08:56 AM
Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 03, 2016, 08:55 AM
Quote from: Substance Abuse on Apr 03, 2016, 08:54 AM
Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 03, 2016, 08:51 AM
I won't bother asking for a link, but may I ask one of you about (L)MIRL? Been super curious about that song because of reviews for awhile now.

It's a bit dark, more of a ballad type song for the Deftones. Heavy bass. Chino's playing all over the track.

Thanks for replying man. Which is heavier, Gore or (L)MIRL?
LMIRL isn't heavy it kind of moves along at a slow place

Interesting. Can't wait to hear it!

Substance Abuse

This album is definitely a stark departure from KNY and DE. The gaze element has been toned down significantly and Chino isn't over-singing a lot of these choruses.

'Rubicon' is something else.

NYRexall

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 08:49 AM
Jeez, maximum self-control, dude. Especially to be hanging around the album and so close to it all, that's crazy, haha. What did you think of Hesitation Marks by the way?

I'm old school at heart  ;D I love waiting for much-anticipated releases and driving myself nuts along the way; that's part of the experience. Last year when Failure were releasing their first record in 19 years was particularly intense..

I LOVE Hesitation Marks. It helped me through a pretty dark, strange period of time when it was released. It was there for me in the ways only great music can be. I know a lot of people don't like it because it "doesn't sound like NIN", but I love his stuff so much I virtually overlook any flaws with it. I can listen to it from beginning to end (save for that horrendous "Everything" song) and lock into it completely.

Vesanic

Rubicon. Rubicon.

Substance Abuse

Yossarian

ok,  got this but can't listen yet. Im on classes. How is the quality? bearable?
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

ANattyRat

Alright guys, I'm getting off the forum now to listen to the album for a while, digest it, so if anyone wants a link, you'll have to ask someone else.

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 08:59 AM
Jeez, maximum self-control, dude. Especially to be hanging around the album and so close to it all, that's crazy, haha. What did you think of Hesitation Marks by the way?

I'm old school at heart  ;D I love waiting for much-anticipated releases and driving myself nuts along the way; that's part of the experience. Last year when Failure were releasing their first record in 19 years was particularly intense..

I LOVE Hesitation Marks. It helped me through a pretty dark, strange period of time when it was released. It was there for me in the ways only great music can be. I know a lot of people don't like it because it "doesn't sound like NIN", but I love his stuff so much I virtually overlook any flaws with it. I can listen to it from beginning to end (save for that horrendous "Everything" song) and lock into it completely.

That's interesting, people say it doesn't sound like NIN? To me it sounds exactly like what you'd expect. I don't mean predictable, just that it's more of an expansion than going off in a different sound.

DeftonesNZ

Definitely different to a typical deftones closer, but it's perfect as ending.

BZA

I won't bother asking for a link, but may I ask one of you about (L)MIRL? Been super curious about that song because of reviews for awhile now.

(L)MIRL isn't as heavy as I thought I read it was... Low droning guitar and it is heavy and slow... I guess I was expecting straight up metal, but it's really not... Gore is a heavier, harder, faster track IMO... but I do like it a LOT, it's really catchy.

NYRexall

geraavl08

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

BZA

Xenon is a badass track.

Substance Abuse

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 08:59 AM

My issue with Hesitation Marks is that despite Trent attempting to recreate a much more uptempo Pretty Hate Machine, the album featured too many of the familiar sounds that Trent used on Year Zero. It had a very lap-topish, pro-toolish feel and I missed where he was going with replicating those drum fills and beats on the Slip that sounded so genuine. I really enjoyed a lot of that record. It was good, not great, in my opinion. Some of those songs reminded me of 'With Teeth' too.

And I'm pissed because Bleed Through had better leaked artwork.

I'm just bitter, lol.

RaptureWS

Quote from: BZA on Apr 03, 2016, 09:02 AM

(L)MIRL isn't as heavy as I thought I read it was... Low droning guitar and it is heavy and slow... I guess I was expecting straight up metal, but it's really not... Gore is a heavier, harder, faster track IMO... but I do like it a LOT, it's really catchy.

I haven't listened to a lot of Failure/HUM but if I recall their sound correctly, then fans of those bands will ADORE LMIRL. For those that have heard it, am I on point with that?
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

DeftonesNZ

Albums awesome but I wish hearts/wires was longer, style of song that could be 7 or 8 minutes without being too long

Deft_ones

Hearts/Wires live up to the hype?

NYRexall

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 09:01 AM
That's interesting, people say it doesn't sound like NIN? To me it sounds exactly like what you'd expect. I don't mean predictable, just that it's more of an expansion than going off in a different sound.

I think it turned a lot of people off because it wasn't a heavy album in the way Downward Spiral and With Teeth were. It does sound very simplistic compared to his other stuff; the devil is in the details though. He's getting older and can't be expected to destroy himself nightly like he did in his 20s and 30s. I've been a big fan of his film score stuff, so it was an easy transition to what he was going for with HM

NYRexall

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 09:04 AM

I haven't listened to a lot of Failure/HUM but if I recall their sound correctly, then fans of those bands will ADORE LMIRL. For those that have heard it, am I on point with that?

Oh yes PLEASE let it be so...

Substance Abuse

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 09:02 AM
Quote from: Substance Abuse on Apr 03, 2016, 09:00 AM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 08:59 AM
Rubicon. Rubicon.

Seriously... Wow.

"Something else" how exactly?

It's a fucking phenomenal song. It isn't as eerie or dark as some of their closers tend to be like 'Riverie'. It's really heavy, and up-lifting in a way. It's got a very 'epic' feel to it. It's a stand out song for certain. Chino sounds great over it. I love the fucking song to be honest.

Steph is shredding and wall of sound is all over it. It starts out like it's an ATF sound, then develops into something more diverse and open, as if it were... Shit, I can't explain it man. It's fucking stellar.