Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Papa Prune on Apr 03, 2016, 09:22 AM
I don't get why Stef said shit about Hearts/Wires. It's a beautiful song. Reminds me of change sometimes for the way it's constructed. Chino rocks on this one.
I could see how at one point he might of struggled to find his place on it, it's quite pretty but also off kilter so I can see why he would struggle to find his place, but in the end I think he just jumped in and it ended up fucking awesome, I just got a stupid fucking grin on my face when that heavy riff kicked in, really has the sound that made me fall in love with deftones.

worship

Fuck it, can someone PM me some good stuff? Thanks.

Berserker_Armor

kameron632

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 09:25 AM
Quote from: kameron632 on Apr 03, 2016, 09:23 AM
Seriously.... How does one get this album?

Cleaning your inbox might reveal what you want to grasp on.

Done!

RaptureWS

OMG guys I am so sorry to tease but Rubicon........I am literally holding back tears. What a song. What a fucking song........

Spoiler Alert!!! In Rubicon Chino sings, not screams, what definitely sounds like "And the crowd goes wild......h" in the most beautiful way, multiple times.

Final thoughts after one full listen.......PT/DU/AH are easily my three least favorite tracks. From Geometric to the very end, it's a fucking wild ride that I believe fans are gonna LOVE. Maybe I listened to them too much today, but I think Gore and Phantom are my least favorite of the last seven songs. What I am TRYING TO SAY is the six you haven't heard are six of the best Deftones I have personally ever heard. If this album is this good on first listen and people say "it's a grower" then this motherfucker is a black hole that is going to suck up the universe with it's beauty and brutality. Maybe I am overreacting, but I have not felt this way about any music since I first heard ATF when I was 14 years old.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Imperium

Late to the party...  Does anyone have a pm for a long term member?

pelican fly

help me out someone

please

Sonota

I'm waiting as well.

Vesanic

Don't know if that was made clear, but the very first snippet we got on that studio video like a year ago (?) was from Hearts/Wires.

bangbang240

Hey guys, long time member, been a while since I've been back. I knew this would be the spot to check lol. Can anybody inbox me?

Zlitchufdux

Quote from: kameron632 on Apr 03, 2016, 09:26 AM

Done!
Would you be kind enough to pass it along when you get a hold of it? I would appreciate it a lot.

deftonesluvrbrazil

Patience and discretion are the keys.

NYRexall

How are the vocal melodies on the album? Is it loaded to the gills with catchiness, or are the songs too weird and abstract to make them accessible on first listen?

Mike_Patton916

Inbox clear as well. PM me!

Papa Prune

Pittura is really melodic.

This record is classic Deftones. But pushed one step further. I don't hear the dark sound Chino's been selling in each interview. To me it sounds way more optimistic than Koi. Pittura and Xenon are really melodic and rock friendly.

pony_01

**COUGH** i just clean my inbox..

anyone?

PLEASE?

Sonota

My inbox is clean.

tokyodrifter

send it to me    ;D

Substance Abuse

Gore, Phantom Bride and Rubicon are a great last three songs to ride the record out with.

P/T is the worst song on this record, and that's a good thing. Since it's a good song.

Rubicon should have been the single. It's stellar. Absolutely great song.

Vesanic