Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 10:38 AM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 10:22 AM
It sounds like Downward is Heavenward mated with My Bloody Valentine's Tremolo EP with Pony Express Record oozing down on it like a sonic caramel glaze

Oh stop

Dead serious across the board:
DiH for the pummeling riffage & muscle
Tremolo for the interludes & ethereal vibe
PER for the sexy sleek angular songwriting & melodies

isisdeftonesmastodon

I am a newbie but please share the love with me too.

Substance Abuse

Rubicon is the best thing on this record, in my opinion. Such a phenomenal song.

RaptureWS

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 03, 2016, 10:40 AM
I cant believe this... How? ... Just fucking how??? ..... HOW THE FUCK DID THEY MANAGE TO MAKE ANOTHER AMAZING ALBUM!!! THIS IS THE BEST SHIT IVE HEARD SINCE SNW. Never really liked DE and KNY that much, but this... Chills everywhere.. I LOVE YOU DEFTONES! CANT WAIT TO SEE YALL IN DALLAS AGAIN SOON!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know man.......it's stellar. Rubicon more or less made me cry for real. Here is how I described it earlier...

"Rubicon doesn't just sound like an album ending track, it sounds like.....a career ending? And I mean that in the highest regard. If they announced Gore was their last album and Rubicon was the last track they ever wrote, the final Deftones song forever, it would fit and be perfect. Rubicon almost feels like their entire career was just leading to that song. I can't fucking get over how good it is!"
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 03, 2016, 10:40 AM
I cant believe this... How? ... Just fucking how??? ..... HOW THE FUCK DID THEY MANAGE TO MAKE ANOTHER AMAZING ALBUM!!! THIS IS THE BEST SHIT IVE HEARD SINCE SNW. Never really liked DE and KNY that much, but this... Chills everywhere.. I LOVE YOU DEFTONES! CANT WAIT TO SEE YALL IN DALLAS AGAIN SOON!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Koi No Yokan and Diamond Eyes (they're not very high on the list though), but this blows them out of the water. Way more experimental, more diverse, especially in mood and emotion. Just...MORE.

Sonota

Quote from: Substance Abuse on Apr 03, 2016, 10:38 AM
Actually, that leak sounds cleaner than the leak we have.

I think that one is legit.

Nope, this is the same. (if you mean leak on vk.com page)

Substance Abuse

I can say this album is more varied than DE and KNY. I love those records though. Leathers, Rosemary and Tempest just do it for me, though, lol. I absolutely love those songs.

Moz

Wow i wake up and the entire record has leaked? Man. Dunno what to do. Think i wanna hear the proper version. But i want to listen to the record on the snowboard trip wednesday. Argg :/

shoop

Quote from: shoop on Apr 03, 2016, 10:39 AM
Quote from: numetalguy on Apr 03, 2016, 10:02 AM
Hey Guys, please send me Gore. mrd_boss@mail.ru
Thanks for leaking it like that you dick. Congrats to whoever sent it to this dude who just signed up to ask for it.
Everyone go ahead and thank this guy and whoever sent it to him.

shoop

Quote from: Sonota on Apr 03, 2016, 10:43 AM
Quote from: Substance Abuse on Apr 03, 2016, 10:38 AM
Actually, that leak sounds cleaner than the leak we have.

I think that one is legit.

Nope, this is the same. (if you mean leak on vk.com page)
Definitely the same. The dude literally just signed up and asked for it, then one of you idiots sent it to him and there it leaks.

DeftonesNZ

Fuck seriously a guy with one post who just joined that's so obvious

BZA

And why did it get sent to that fool?

LG95

You just know this is going to grow as well; like it's not just going to be great based on the hype of first hearing it and then afterwards become boring - this is going to subtly get under your skin and weave its magic.
I could float here forever

DeftonesNZ

Can mods see who sent it?

Substance Abuse

At the end of the day, hopefully everyone just buys the record, goes to a show, buys some merch and supports this band. It'll be in my hands, in my car and on my phone within the next week.

NYRexall

Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 10:40 AMDead serious across the board:
DiH for the pummeling riffage & muscle
Tremolo for the interludes & ethereal vibe
PER for the sexy sleek angular songwriting & melodies

Well then wow...this may be the most promising description I've heard of the album yet. DIH and PER are two of my favorite records. And you can't ever go wrong with anything MBV does.

Fuck, I didn't think I could be any more excited..

Qwerty1921

This record has some serious 80's background. Phantom Bride verse melody almost reminds me of Cocteau Twins

Hearts/ Wires is mindblowing.

DFTNSHXGRM

Unless they have a large post count or I recognize their username from over the years I've been here.. no link. Sorry

BZA

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 10:49 AM
Unless they have a large post count or I recognize their username from over the years I've been here.. no link. Sorry

Same here...

Can we report it on that site or get it taken down?

redeemer96

people like mr[d.b]asshole are the reason noobs like me cant enjoy this with everyone else...smh