Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 03, 2016, 10:16 AM
Idk where I'd rank this album yet.  I have to let it soak in a little more.  I will say I already do know that it's better than Adrenaline, ATF, SNW, and Koi to me.  It might break into my top 3.

I can't rank this album until I've heard it for at least a month or so

phil for real

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 10:16 AM
Chino's vocals do sound more natural/live/raw on this record. I love it

They def do.  Not as haunting as in previous records.  The closest they get to the classic Chino sound are prob on Prayers and Xenon.

RaptureWS

Rubicon doesn't just sound like an album ending track, it sounds like.....a career ending? And I mean that in the highest regard. If they announced Gore was their last album and Rubicon was the last track they ever wrote, the final Deftones song forever, it would fit and be perfect. Rubicon almost feels like their entire career was just leading to that song. I can't fucking get over how good it is!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

misterhanky

Not a big Chatterer, but following this thread since page 30 i think and every Deftones-album release since selftitled. if anyone could be so kind to send me an album-link. misterhanky@gmx.at
thanks if it really happens. worth a try.

77years

For real, Rubicon is mindblowingly intense

Sleeping_Giant

God damn it, I need my CD copy with HQ right now...Friday, please arrive earlier :'(

NYRexall

Is it a "heady, technical album" like Chino claimed it would be?And does it combine the spacey atmospherica of SNW with the aggressive new waveiness of KNY like some of the reviews were claiming?

BZA

That chunky guitar on Acid Hologram... oh God, yes.

77years

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 03, 2016, 10:18 AM
Rubicon doesn't just sound like an album ending track, it sounds like.....a career ending? And I mean that in the highest regard. Like if the announced Gore was their last album and Rubicon was the last track they ever wrote, it would fit and be perfect. Rubicon almost feels like their entire career was just leading to that song. I can't fucking get over how good it is!

I know exactly what you mean. It's that good.

stu_101

I'd die to hear the whole thing live (and I haven't said that about a new tones release for a few damn years)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFTNSHXGRM

Rubicon doesn't just sound like an album ending track, it sounds like.....a career ending? And I mean that in the highest regard. If they announced Gore was their last album and Rubicon was the last track they ever wrote, the final Deftones song forever, it would fit and be perfect. Rubicon almost feels like their entire career was just leading to that song. I can't fucking get over how good it is!

I hope that's not the case tho haha I think they have at least 1 more album in them.. then maybe they'll finally give us Eros.

RaptureWS

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 10:19 AM
Is it a "heady, technical album" like Chino claimed it would be?And does it combine the spacey atmospherica of SNW with the aggressive new waveiness of KNY like some of the reviews were claiming?

Heady, for sure. Not a musician so I can't say how technical it is. Yes to everything else.

neirda

PLease stop it, I can't take it anymore.

phil for real

Cut through the razor wiiiiire

RaptureWS

Why aren't you listening to it now? FUCK man you have to hear Ruby......

sharinglungs

Love the album, once I have the lyrics and can understand whats being said, then I can truly form my opinion.

77years

It sounds like Downward is Heavenward mated with My Bloody Valentine's Tremolo EP with Pony Express Record oozing down on it like a sonic caramel glaze

phil for real

So many layers upon layers of things going on here.  So much to discover.  It's amazing.

ANattyRat

DFTNSHXGRM

It blows my mind how fucking good they are. There's no other band that is so consistently good. Album after album.. they're at album 8 and they are still killing it. They have a super solid bating average for sure..