Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz

whaaaat I thought it was the cd rip haha. what?

get debrid works for me now

Hidalgo

can some kind soul PM me the full album? i preordered it, but can't wait, plus i work on the day it comes out so that'll ruin taking it in that day

77years

Quote from: shoop on Apr 03, 2016, 11:37 AM
Guys, a site had a 102mb rip up and it said the source was a webrip/256kbps. So that one that claims cd-320 is highly likely transcoded from the 256 webrip. Just a heads up.. goin to bed now so i'll have to wait until I wake up to check the spectrals. But you all know damn well people transcode the shit out of anything to claim it's a better quality rip. So if something still sounds off, don't assume that's the final proper quality just yet.

Good advice here (@natty)

Whitest Pony

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 11:38 AM
On GetMetal, it says it's a vinyl rip, not CD?

Correct

Moz

SO Im confused, the 101,96 mb download, is it still a vinyl rip? I thought you guys said it was a cd rip. Oh well.

shoop

Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 11:40 AM
Quote from: shoop on Apr 03, 2016, 11:37 AM
Guys, a site had a 102mb rip up and it said the source was a webrip/256kbps. So that one that claims cd-320 is highly likely transcoded from the 256 webrip. Just a heads up.. goin to bed now so i'll have to wait until I wake up to check the spectrals. But you all know damn well people transcode the shit out of anything to claim it's a better quality rip. So if something still sounds off, don't assume that's the final proper quality just yet.

Good advice here (@natty)
Forgot to mention the fact that they're both almost identical file sizes. Wouldn't doubt if it's all transcodes from the vinyl rip, but obviously I can't say for certain yet as I don't have the ones from the blogs yet. Pretty coincidental though..

Sonota

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 11:39 AM
whaaaat I thought it was the cd rip haha. what?

I thought is was cd rip too, because quality of sound is too good and clean.

77years

Can anyone do a spec comparison of the get metal and the earlier vinyl rip here?  I doubt they're different if the get metal is saying it's a vinyl rip.

Sonota

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 11:42 AM
SO Im confused, the 101,96 mb download, is it still a vinyl rip? I thought you guys said it was a cd rip. Oh well.

Idk what is that. The quality is much better than on vinyl rip. Now i'm confused too.

gwenudo

File says its a vinyl rip.. Havnt downloaded yet. Can somebody confirm if its still low quality? Or if its 256 or 320? Thanks guys. Hoping 320 comes out in a few minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

LG95

Chino's high "away"s on Hearts/Wires are so good.
I could float here forever

MuffBiscuits

To my ears the GetMetal version seems to be the same vinyl rip, but with cd quality versions or P/T and DU :/

Moz

Ok, Im going all in. Have it on my spotify now, going to sit in the sun for an hour soaking it all up. See you in an hour!

shoop

Quote from: Sonota on Apr 03, 2016, 11:44 AM
Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 11:42 AM

No, it is NOT THE UPCONVERT FROM THE VINYL RIP.
It is cd rip or idk what is that. The quality is much better than on vinyl rip.
If you can upload it real quickly to a fast site like mega or zippy and pm me it, i can check the specs and confirm. Going to bed real soon though

77years

This has been a very interesting 24 hours to say the least

Sonota

Quote from: shoop on Apr 03, 2016, 11:48 AM
If you can upload it real quickly to a fast site like mega or zippy and pm me it, i can check the specs and confirm. Going to bed real soon though

Ok.

Forsaken

Any chance of getting the whole album? Passed out last night and woke up to find everything else leaked! So awesome being a part of this with you guys. So stoked for this album. jvanb1981@yahoo.com

2MoreHours

So I just woke up and see we have a leak!  Today is going to be a good day.  ;D

gwenudo

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 03, 2016, 11:51 AM
So I just woke up and see we have a leak!  Today is going to be a good day.  ;D
Look who showed up lol
Was it like it seemed?...

shoop

Ya figured. Only the vinyl rip is out right now guys. It's bigger sized because there's 2mb embedded artwork on each track, and they put the cd quality P/T and Doomed User on there. Same exact cutoff and the files are still V2 quality still. Cuts off at 16khz (128kbps) though.