Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 08:07 PM
Haha. I did consider it could just be 'a friend', but Chino doesn't seem the kind of guy to be on the forum and giving us hints. But then again, maybe I'm wrong. We'll never know.

The only thing that really makes me believe it's him is the fact he was (as he admitted) the one to share "Smile" on YouTube. On sharinglungs, tokyodrifter appeared with the link on a topic called "Bearing gifts", saying "Don't say I never gave you anything". VoilĂ , you know.

Phantasmagoria

Quote from: jlaggot on Apr 03, 2016, 08:05 PM
Alright I'll do it. After 4 listens all the way through:
1. Hearts/Wires
2. Rubicon
3. Gore
4. LMIRL
5. Phantom Bride
6. Doomed User
7. Acid Hologram
8. Prayers/Triangles
9. Geometric Headdress
10. Xenon
11. Pittura Infamante

All are incredible. No hate on the bottom few, they're just growers.

Weird, Pittura Infamante is one of my favorites

There's not a single filler in this album

ANattyRat

Oh, by the way guys. I burned Gore onto a CD (so sry Chino, pls forgive) so I could listen to it while I went out. It's dark out, and on the drive back home, Phantom Bride comes on, and guys, it's such a wonderful thing, it just adds another layer to the experience, if that makes sense. Do it when you get your CDs (I'm sure you would have even if I'd said nothing, though).

Reichward

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 08:11 PM
Oh, by the way guys. I burned Gore onto a CD (so sry Chino, pls forgive) so I could listen to it while I went out. It's dark out, and on the drive back home, Phantom Bride comes on, and guys, it's such a wonderful thing, it just adds another layer to the experience, if that makes sense. Do it when you get your CDs (I'm sure you would have even if I'd said nothing, though).
Don't get into a car accident bro

Moz

You cannoooot face the crowd all by yourself

Slacker

the REAL 2 more hours

m1nusblindfoLd

I have only listened to the full batch of songs once since the full leak, but I can't help but feel kind of disappointed. In my opinion I feel like there are too many sad/slow songs. I really just want some upbeat, rockin' Deftones songs, but they are so few now. Instead they are mostly depressing sounds and vocals that just remind me of things in life that are gloomy lol.
Maybe I'll feel differently about it later but I just wish there were more upbeat (not necessary happy shit just more on the "rock"/hard side) songs than melancholy/sad ones. I just feel happier listening to stuff like that and I miss it from them.

2MoreHours

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 08:09 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 03, 2016, 08:07 PM
Haha. I did consider it could just be 'a friend', but Chino doesn't seem the kind of guy to be on the forum and giving us hints. But then again, maybe I'm wrong. We'll never know.

The only thing that really makes me believe it's him is the fact he was (as he admitted) the one to share "Smile" on YouTube. On sharinglungs, tokyodrifter appeared with the link on a topic called "Bearing gifts", saying "Don't say I never gave you anything". VoilĂ , you know.

I think he's Chino too or someone close to him. 

77years

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 08:12 PM
You cannoooot face the crowd all by yourself

Oh yes

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 08:09 PM
Who wouldve thought they would been able to make such a good record this late in their career, right? Insane. For me the record list is now:

1. White Pony
2. ATf
3. Gore
4. DE
5. Koi No Yokan
6. ST
7. SNW
8. Adrenaline

1. ST
2. SNW
3. WP
4. Gore
5. ATF
6. KNY
7. Ad
8. DE

For now...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Helpabrotha

can someone email me the album please... i'll hook you up with some of my Deftones memorabilia

Gore04082016@gmail.com

jciraheta

i am the real chino,  its time for you to belive ...

Vesanic

ANattyRat

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Apr 03, 2016, 08:15 PM
I have only listened to the full batch of songs once since the full leak, but I can't help but feel kind of disappointed. In my opinion I feel like there are too many sad/slow songs. I really just want some upbeat, rockin' Deftones songs, but they are so few now. Instead they are mostly depressing sounds and vocals that just remind me of things in life that are gloomy lol.
Maybe I'll feel differently about it later but I just wish there were more upbeat (not necessary happy shit just more on the "rock"/hard side) songs than melancholy/sad ones. I just feel happier listening to stuff like that and I miss it from them.

Dude, the last two albums have been upbeat and happy-sounding, it was time for a change. Most of their songs aren't happy-sounding, at least not to me.

Moz

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Apr 03, 2016, 08:15 PM

I get where you are coming from. I had the same thing during the ST/SNW era were almost every song was low tempo, except for maybe Mein but Serj ruins that otherwise perfectly fine song lol. It was like wtf why is every song so slow? Especially the Beware/Cherry/xerces

So yea most of these new songs are mid tempo but i already got my fast paced song fix with DE and KNY. Songs like Swerve, Royal and Cmd ctrl showed me they could still go fast you know. I was down with them slowing it down a notch again

Sorry to hear youre dissapointed though, keep giving it a chance who knows

Reichward

I've been looking for that exact screenshot for so long Ves

Thank you so much

Substance Abuse

That's pretty funny, Ves.

Vesanic

Gives it that God watches feel

Reichward

pelican fly