Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Can I say I'm kinda worried about how all these songs will turn out live? Chino and high notes are really a particular thing now man, I don't know that he could pull off so many "non-Chino-natural" things like this

kleptoned

Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 10:08 PM
If they play geometric headdress live people are going to lose their shit
My favorite by far...

pelican fly

Quote from: kleptoned on Apr 03, 2016, 10:12 PM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 03, 2016, 10:08 PM
If they play geometric headdress live people are going to lose their shit
My favorite by far...

all changing

2MoreHours

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 10:06 PM
There are 7 other very guitar driven deftones records. This one Frank, Abe, Sergio, and Chino shine the most, which is nice for a change.

I, however am not a guitarist. I'm a drummer / write electronic music.. so I may be more partial to a less heavy guitar driven record.

That's why I don't really have a problem with it.  I am a guitarist but I understand Deftones don't want to box themselves into a certain category.  They, strangely, have been called Nu-metal and maybe it's because of some of the heavier riffs from the past but I don't think there is anyway anyone could call this album Nu-metal or even metal for that matter.  Just because a guy hits a few low tuned, distorted riffs on a record doesn't mean they are Nu-metal.  I guess people in the media are just hell-bent on labeling them and that's the best they can come up with.  I would just call them a hard rock band or maybe an art rock band.

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 10:11 PM
Can I say I'm kinda worried about how all these songs will turn out live? Chino and high notes are really a particular thing now man, I don't know that he could pull off so many "non-Chino-natural" things like this

Although, I do agree with you.. his vocals sound less polished on this record. They sound more natural and raw to me.

Vesanic

I'm not really talking about the prod.

Either way, I think I just found another rip of the album. Could be actual good quality. Will update.

deftoner664

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 10:17 PM
I'm not really talking about the prod.

Either way, I think I just found another rip of the album. Could be actual good quality. Will update.

Awww yeah! Please let us know!
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

LG95

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 10:11 PM
It's more the combination of singing and playing guitar that might slightly worry me.
I could float here forever

deftoner664

Anybody else stoked that a new M83 record releases the same day as Gore? Two new records from my favorite artist in one day next week.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Mr Blonde

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 03, 2016, 09:57 PM
Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 03, 2016, 09:53 PM
Quote from: pelican fly on Apr 03, 2016, 09:39 PM
Quote from: Entombed on Apr 03, 2016, 09:37 PM
Has anyone straight up disliked the album yet?

naw

they shouldn't. this a better record than the last 2.

I feel disappointed, i was expecting something better honestly, it doesn't beat DI, KNY nor SNW in my opinion.

I'm not sure if I'll ever need to listen to DE or KNY ever again after this record. This blows them completely out of the water.

White Pony is dead to me after this.
S/T
DE
Gore
KNY

Gore could rise

Reichward

You rate White Pony under all these? Duuuuude.

Vesanic

False alarm, it's just an updated version of the leak with artwork on each track, and the studio releases of P/T and DU.

Reichward

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 10:24 PM
False alarm, it's just an updated version of the leak with artwork on each track, and the studio releases of P/T and DU.

Mr Blonde

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 03, 2016, 10:22 PM

I do, and I hate when ppl shit on DE or KNY for being too mainstream, when that's clearly White Pony.  Alot Deftones fans are elitist and got upset that DE brought in a bunch of new fans.  It did so cuz it was a return to form after SNW

E-Money

Well I'm about to give it my first listen!! Can't wait! 🤑

E-Money

Quote from: deftoner664 on Apr 03, 2016, 10:20 PM
Anybody else stoked that a new M83 record releases the same day as Gore? Two new records from my favorite artist in one day next week.

Absolutely. Almost lost my shit when I saw new m83 coming out on the same day.

Sleeping_Giant

Please somebody help me. I have priapism because of Rubicon. Now I will need medical treatment you fucking DEFTONES

2MoreHours

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 03, 2016, 10:27 PM
Quote from: Reichward on Apr 03, 2016, 10:22 PM

I do, and I hate when ppl shit on DE or KNY for being too mainstream, when that's clearly White Pony.  Alot Deftones fans are elitist and got upset that DE brought in a bunch of new fans.  It did so cuz it was a return to form after SNW

Naw, White Pony isn't nearly as mainstream sounding as DE and KNY.  It had more mainstream exposure thanks to MTV but it didn't sound that mainstream.

Vesanic

I'm truly done with the "mainstream" debate. I swear, even just thinking of a main stream in music, in our time, is just stupid. There's too much, even in the stream you refer to.

Havoc

Acid Hologram reminds me of Smashing Pumpkins "Where Boys Fear to Tread."