Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raswid

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 03, 2016, 11:15 PM
320>183 .. That should be straightforward

Lossless > 320

plagasx

Spotify link not working for me. Shows the song but I can't play it. In NY.

Vesanic

I said FLAC

77years

Quote from: plagasx on Apr 03, 2016, 11:26 PM
Spotify link not working for me. Shows the song but I can't play it. In NY.

It's not Monday, citizens of the United States

LG95

Just on the song itself - the great thing about Hearts/Wires for me is that it feels like there's a hidden depth there. Even though it's an ambitious song in many ways, I don't feel like there's a clear peak, something that you enjoy initially but then get bored of. The few times I've listened to it I get the sense that there's something that's not quite been explored and the lack of whatever that thing is actually makes the song all the better because it becomes more captivating. A lot of bands would try and come up with a big, satisfying conclusion to that song and I think the way they've actually written it is significantly more interesting.
I could float here forever

gwenudo

Was it like it seemed?...

Raswid

Now I think everyone should listen full album in FLAC, 320 is not enough.

77years

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 03, 2016, 11:27 PM
Just on the song itself - the great thing about Hearts/Wires for me is that it feels like there's a hidden depth there. Even though it's an ambitious song in many ways, I don't feel like there's a clear peak, something that you enjoy initially but then get bored of. The few times I've listened to it I get the sense that there's something that's not quite been explored and the lack of whatever that thing is actually makes the song all the better because it becomes more captivating. A lot of bands would try and come up with a big, satisfying conclusion to that song and I think the way they've actually written it is significantly more interesting.

I agree it's more intriguing that way

Slacker

dont meant to be a hater but, with the 3 singles from official download you can tell compression is all over. the mix is as saturated as it was in KNY.

at list with 3 tracks im getting DR 7 wich isn't that bad actually...

ill remain hopeful

beaverwithfishyshoes

i can play the spotify release

jaypayton

album sounds like the unofficial sequel to SNW....much more darker. no pussy ballads (except hearts/wires)...this is goin to alienate a lot of the hipster posers who hopped on board after DE (which is a good thing)

YouWOuldKnow

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 11:26 PM

I said FLAC

Not to be an asshole, but the vinyl shreds so hard. It's so dynamic and the guitars pop more... the rips are shit and in no way do any justice to the sonics of the record. It's a very creative mix and I keep hearing new things that I hadn't noticed before. I've been a fan of this band since the first record and bought every album on or before the release date since the first demo. They lost me at SNW, but I fell back in love with DE and KNY... this record feels like what I had wished WP sounded like when it came out.

BallZDeeP

how does one burn flac to a cd? isnt it too big?

YouWOuldKnow

Quote from: Slacker on Apr 03, 2016, 11:30 PM
dont meant to be a hater but, with the 3 singles from official download you can tell compression is all over. the mix is as saturated as it was in KNY.

ill remain hopeful

The record sounds nice and dynamic, not brickwalled like everything released digitally these days

Slacker

Quote from: YouWOuldKnow on Apr 03, 2016, 11:32 PM

ill remain hopeful

The record sounds nice and dynamic, not brickwalled like everything released digitally these days

i pm'ed you man. are you not listen to digital stuff? you sticking to vinyl only?

Reichward

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 03, 2016, 11:32 PM
how does one burn flac to a cd? isnt it too big?
I've burnt .wav to a cd, which are about twice the size of .flac, so no, it should be perfectly possible. But it depends on the size of said CD of course.

YouWOuldKnow

Quote from: Slacker on Apr 03, 2016, 11:34 PM

ill remain hopeful

i pm'ed you man. are you not listen to digital stuff? you sticking to vinyl only?

I have not listened to the "leak." Just the record. Well worth the money.

beaverwithfishyshoes

spotify version 10times better than BBC version.

Slacker

Quote from: YouWOuldKnow on Apr 03, 2016, 11:36 PM
Quote from: Slacker on Apr 03, 2016, 11:34 PM

ill remain hopeful

I have not listened to the "leak." Just the record. Well worth the money.

thats a good call man. cant wait for my 24bit release too.