Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwerty

Wow. Finally got time to listen to the album properly. LMIRL, Xenon, H/W and Gore are great but Rubicon has absolutely blown me away. Amazing album closer. The mixture or melloncollie and optimism/euphoria is giving me mad feels.

Rest of the album hasn't grabbed me yet but I reckon it's going to grow. I don't get the love for geometric headress at the moment though. Id rate it as weakest track for me.

Rip quality sucks and I can't wait to get my preorder on Friday. Don't think the quality has detracted  from the experience too much though as the strongest bits on the album for me so far is the melodies which come through the fuzzy sludge anyway.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

pinata89

Quote from: Kwerty on Apr 04, 2016, 01:25 PM
Wow. Finally got time to listen to the album properly. LMIRL, Xenon, H/W and Gore are great but Rubicon has absolutely blown me away. Amazing album closer. The mixture or melloncollie and optimism/euphoria is giving me mad feels.

Rest of the album hasn't grabbed me yet but I reckon it's going to grow. I don't get the love for geometric headress at the moment though. Id rate it as weakest track for me.

Rip quality sucks and I can't wait to get my preorder on Friday. Don't think the quality has detracted  from the experience too much though as the strongest bits on the album for me so far is the melodies which come through the fuzzy sludge anyway.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Sooooo good!

gwenudo

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 04, 2016, 01:06 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 04, 2016, 06:43 AM
(L)MIRL: The intro and the first verse are very dark and sinister. Definitely agree with the review(s) that said it was like the soundtrack to a psychological thriller. Probably the most sinister-sounding they've ever been. Dark, but not in a painfully-raw, 'Deathblow' or 'Mascara' kind of way. But then the music changes and gets uplifting, happy-sounding almost, which is such a drastic switch in mood that I don't really like it.

agree. okey at the beginning, sounds like it could build up to something. but they lose me when it goes over to the uplifting joy segment.pretty dull song in its entirety to be honest.chino's screams at the end can't save it. if this is the "soundtrack to a psychological thriller" that reviewer forgot to mention that the second act of the film turns into a cheesy romantic chick flick .

convinced that pittura Infamante, xenon, (L)MIRL will become skippers for me. rest is acceptable,good and some of it great
The thing with (L)MIRL is that yes it does get uplifting .. And although it is awkward at first, if you listen to the lyrics and draw a picture in your head, its still a very psycho song.. Its a happy sound but with dark lyrics, its like putting a good ol 20's dance song in a bloody gruesome movie. Idk if i make any sense?   
Was it like it seemed?...

from_musings

listening to hw in better quality was way better..didn't notice that the rhythm guitar bends half a note from time to time..like the music in 28 days later film intro ("East Hastings" Godspeed You Black Emperor) or chelsea wolfe's "simple death"...those background chords/synths do it too. it made hw more creepy and depressing. didn't catch that in the vinyl rip. love it

from_musings

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 04, 2016, 01:29 PM
(L)MIRL: The intro and the first verse are very dark and sinister. Definitely agree with the review(s) that said it was like the soundtrack to a psychological thriller. Probably the most sinister-sounding they've ever been. Dark, but not in a painfully-raw, 'Deathblow' or 'Mascara' kind of way. But then the music changes and gets uplifting, happy-sounding almost, which is such a drastic switch in mood that I don't really like it.

agree. okey at the beginning, sounds like it could build up to something. but they lose me when it goes over to the uplifting joy segment.pretty dull song in its entirety to be honest.chino's screams at the end can't save it. if this is the "soundtrack to a psychological thriller" that reviewer forgot to mention that the second act of the film turns into a cheesy romantic chick flick .

convinced that pittura Infamante, xenon, (L)MIRL will become skippers for me. rest is acceptable,good and some of it great
The thing with (L)MIRL is that yes it does get uplifting .. And although it is awkward at first, if you listen to the lyrics and draw a picture in your head, its still a very psycho song.. Its a happy sound but with dark lyrics, its like putting a good ol 20's dance song in a bloody gruesome movie. Idk if i make any sense?

ok! will listen more when the cd drops. these are all first impressions.i'm careful not to overplay it

ConcealingFate92

Good morning guys!

Been listening Hearts/Wires on Spotify and guys, really, it's on another level!! That vinyl rip served to calm down our hunger, but we will only be fully satisfied when 8th comes.
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

ANattyRat

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 04, 2016, 12:58 PM
Quote from: lungdamage on Apr 04, 2016, 10:47 AM
I think this order would have been cool too:

gore
prayers/triangles
doomed user
geometric headdress
acid hologram
hearts-wires
pittura infamante
Xenon
phantom bride
rubicon
(L)mirl

i'd settle for this:

Crest
Prayers/Triangles
Acid Hologram
Doomed User
Geometric Headdress
Hearts/Wires
Pittura Infamante
Xenon
(L)MIRL
Gore
Phantom Bride
Rubicon

What if Crest is worse than Pittura Infamante, huh? How could you live with yourself?!

Yeah. I wish they'd stuck with how it sounded at the beginning, before the happy sound kicks in, because that was really awesome, it had so much potential. I enjoy Pittura Infamante and Xenon, but the intro to Pittura sounds so un-Deftones-like, it's weird. As for Xenon, for me it didn't live up to the hype I put on it based on the little clip we got a while back. It's the chorus, for me, but the rest of it I like.

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Apr 04, 2016, 01:09 PM
I don't understand how people consider Phantom Bride and Rubicon uplifting.

Phantom Bride, no idea, that's a freaking sad song. Rubicon I can see it, not just musically but lyrically, it sounds...not necessarily 'happy', but definitely uplifting, optimistic. But that's just me.

from_musings

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 04, 2016, 01:35 PM
What if Crest is worse than Pittura Infamante, huh? How could you live with yourself?!

that's just me taking chances.. donnu if i trust chino's selections,i mean the song he thinks is the worst is "gore", and it's quite good,especially the verses.that and i'm pretty sure anything is better than PI. i do remember pi was alright last 10-20 sec if i remember correctly. will get into it more on friday

ConcealingFate92

For me, Gore is not a uplifting album. Each song is dark, melancholic and depressing... And i love it The way it is.

You see, KNY suffered from too much happiness, too much good feeligs.

Lurid Vega

I am really hoping we get to hear Crest. Every song is so different, more technical and experimental than their past discography. Although this is the normal, I want to hear anything recorded

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

pinata89

Quote from: Lurid Vega on Apr 04, 2016, 01:42 PM
I am really hoping we get to hear Crest. Every song is so different, more technical and experimental than their past discography. Although this is the normal, I want to hear anything recorded

Same!

ConcealingFate92

What if Crest is Dwarf Dick? From those last year clips?

Moz

gwenudo

Quote from: Moz on Apr 04, 2016, 01:46 PM
Quote from: zukixgor9 on Apr 04, 2016, 01:43 PM
GORE covers
it's legit?? ???
http://imgur.com/a/BXtZh
https://www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones/posts/958167607565100

probably. Dutch Deftones is Sly, right? He won't post bullshit on there.
Yea its sly, always posting amazing pics. Gotta love the guy
Was it like it seemed?...

teamsleep_28

Hi! I'm excited with Gore! Waiting for friday... I want my vinyl.

Have you voted Gore in Rate Your Music? Or is it still too soon?

2MoreHours

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Apr 04, 2016, 01:09 PM
I don't understand how people consider Phantom Bride and Rubicon uplifting.

Must be those post SNW wannabe fans.  8)

ANattyRat

Quote from: ConcealingFate92 on Apr 04, 2016, 01:44 PM

What if Crest is Dwarf Dick? From those last year clips?

Ugh, I'm sad we didn't get to hear that one. I mean, we only had tiny clips, but they were very intriguing.

Quote from: zukixgor9 on Apr 04, 2016, 01:43 PM
GORE covers
it's legit?? ???
http://imgur.com/a/BXtZh
https://www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones/posts/958167607565100

Probably. The Doomed User one, anyway, is the one the band posted on Instagram.

beaverwithfishyshoes

This whole thing sounds like early '90

BallZDeeP

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 04, 2016, 01:54 PM
This whole thing sounds like early '90

yea reminds me of my 20's :P