Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisch

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 04, 2016, 01:30 PM
like the music in 28 days later film intro ("East Hastings" Godspeed You Black Emperor) or chelsea wolfe's "simple death"...those background chords/synths do it too. it made hw more creepy and depressing.

This.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

B_S_79

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 04, 2016, 01:30 PM
listening to hw in better quality was way better..didn't notice that the rhythm guitar bends half a note from time to time..like the music in 28 days later film intro ("East Hastings" Godspeed You Black Emperor) or chelsea wolfe's "simple death"...those background chords/synths do it too. it made hw more creepy and depressing. didn't catch that in the vinyl rip. love it

Dude, this is EXACTLY what I thought. 28 Days Later/Godspeed creepiness.

It's got a post-apocalypse abandoned amusement park vibe to it. The whole album does. I love it

punkflop01

Man I really wish they used one of the other three covers (for the singles) for the main album art...especially that doomed user one. That being said, I have to say that the visuals for 'Gore' are really doing it for me...even all those posters that people have seen at records stores. They all have this softness to them...but with an almost sinister underlay (and vice versa)...much like their music.

jlaggot

Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 04, 2016, 02:04 PM
Man I really wish they used one of the other three covers (for the singles) for the main album art...especially that doomed user one. That being said, I have to say that the visuals for 'Gore' are really doing it for me...even all those posters that people have seen at records stores. They all have this softness to them...but with an almost sinister underlay (and vice versa)...much like their music.

This. I've always thought that Deftones' visual aesthetic was the coolest of any band ive seen. They always use such pleasant or beautiful imagery with just a hint of sadness or anger behind them

Lurid Vega

Quote from: ConcealingFate92 on Apr 04, 2016, 01:44 PM
Quote from: Lurid Vega on Apr 04, 2016, 01:42 PM
I am really hoping we get to hear Crest. Every song is so different, more technical and experimental than their past discography. Although this is the normal, I want to hear anything recorded

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

What if Crest is Dwarf Dick? From those last year clips?
Some of those clips are mind blowing

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

plagasx

Quote from: ConcealingFate92 on Apr 04, 2016, 01:41 PM
For me, Gore is not a uplifting album. Each song is dark, melancholic and depressing... And i love it The way it is.

You see, KNY suffered from too much happiness, too much good feeligs.
Totally agree. Maybe I'm a sad and depressing person lol but Deftones are at their best when they go dark.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

77years

All the art is very Joy Division-ish

The thing about LMIRL is the frickin LYRICS. The first section hits me right in the gut. Psycho breakup song. Lovvvve that track. No one can say if they started playing that intro live, it's gonna be dark as fuck.

punkflop01

underneaththecar

Quote from: 77years on Apr 04, 2016, 02:39 PM
All the art is very Joy Division-ish

The thing about LMIRL is the frickin LYRICS. The first section hits me right in the gut. Psycho breakup song. Lovvvve that track. No one can say if they started playing that intro live, it's gonna be dark as fuck.

Chino is so blunt here its almost shocking

Vesanic

The Rubicon is a river in Italy. Get it, River, Rivière, muah

astynk

Is it just me or does the album totally suck?
The only thing that sent chills down my spine is the Gore chorus, it's got that old Deftones vibe to it.
After KNY I didn't expect much of Gore, but what I got is even less than that.
Now, the only thing to look forward to is Eros.
listening to DE now, their last good album

Vesanic

Really digging that sample they put before the last chorus of Acid Hologram. Feels like a weird transition in an oldschool hip-hop record, the ending as well obvs

LG95

Quote from: astynk on Apr 04, 2016, 02:59 PM
The only thing that sent chills down my spine is the Gore chorus, it's got that old Deftones vibe to it.
It's just you
I could float here forever

Penicks

so yo V have you formed an opinion in general yet or you waiting till the release for a review?

pinata89

Yeah, you need to clean your ears out or something. Bc this album is so much better than I expected

Vesanic

P yeah pretty much. I'm having a really good feeling on this but I better wait for the release and all the layers. Also when DE came out I was all ecstatic about it but it was really just a honeymoon syndrome, I wasn't digging it as much a couple of weeks after its release. So I'll wait.

kleptoned

Old Deftones? Why not try an evolve with the music as theyve done. Simple as that. Cant be "old Deftones" forever. That would not make for a great collection of music... So yea maybe its just you...

ANattyRat

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 04, 2016, 03:00 PM
Really digging that sample they put before the last chorus of Acid Hologram. Feels like a weird transition in an oldschool hip-hop record, the ending as well obvs

I like the vocals at around 2:30, reminds me of MX.

That's weird. What didn't you like about Koi No Yokan and what don't you like about Gore? I think most people who like Diamond Eyes tend to like Koi No Yokan, since they have strong similarities.

Kwerty

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 04, 2016, 02:57 PM
The Rubicon is a river in Italy. Get it, River, Rivière, muah
It's the river Julius Caesar crossed heading to Rome to start a civil war. Hence phrase "crossing the Rubicon" meaning point of no return.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Vesanic

See!

A French bud told me he thinks Gore is what SNW should have been. I don't exactly agree but it's an interesting view