Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinata89

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 04, 2016, 06:06 PM
Got a shipping notification for Gore from Deftones store.  Super stoked to hear this beast on wax
Mine still says "processing." Better change to "shipped" real quick!! Did they email you?

Bergerac

Quote from: 77years on Apr 04, 2016, 05:51 PM
It's ridiculous the extent to which supposed "fans" of Deftones are prepared to express their displeasure that the band didn't cut-copy-paste "Root" throughout their entire career.

Its 20 years from Adrenaline and people STILL can't accept change

Nobody has said anything remotely like that.

77years

Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 04, 2016, 06:11 PM
It's ridiculous the extent to which supposed "fans" of Deftones are prepared to express their displeasure that the band didn't cut-copy-paste "Root" throughout their entire career.

Lol.  Not on this page at least

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: el perro on Apr 04, 2016, 04:33 PM
This might be the first Deftones album I don't get. It sounds like a covers album with each song reminding me of a song written by someone else. Deftones used to be innovators, but now they're imitators.. This album demonstrates that Chino really doesn't understand anything about song writing. He just makes a lot of noise doing the same things he's always does every album and made the mistake of ignoring Stephen this time and go along with Serj who apparently isn't any better.

Like any longtime band, theyre not trying to write "hits" anymore. the setlist is filled up already; and thats where the money is anyway.
At least there's still heart in it, you have to admit. They just don't care to please their full fanbase with it; no need for it.

Now, take Korn for example. For ten years now, they just hire a producer (team) to fake "a fresh approach" (mostly horrible production that doesnt fit their sound imo) while they themselves write another dozen uninspired compositions that dont enter the setlist (for long). Not even an interesting riff. Now such a band has truly lost it.

2MoreHours

Am I the only one here pissed that Deftones didn't cut-copy-paste "Root" throughout their entire career?

ANattyRat

OK, I've sat and listened to (L)MIRL six times in a row and it's finally grown on me. The shift in vocals and music a little way into the song I didn't like, it felt too happy when I was expecting a dark song, and the intro and first part was promising. But the more I listen, especially when I pay attention to the lyrics, the more I realise it does still sound dark, just not in the same way as it started. The only part I really don't like and can't come around to is the "I sail on these waves, hey!" part. It takes away from the mood of the rest of it and I don't like it, but the rest of the song I really have come around to and love.

teamsleep_28

Rubicon is an instant classic... WHAT A SONG!!

GR1X7S

Quote from: illmono on Apr 04, 2016, 06:07 PM
Got a shipping notification for Gore from Deftones store.  Super stoked to hear this beast on wax

really? when?

Around 10am this morning.

GR1X7S

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 04, 2016, 06:08 PM
Mine still says "processing." Better change to "shipped" real quick!! Did they email you?

Yeah around 10am this morning. The state for my order now says "shipping" did you order the numbered 180 gram black or the standard white?

fitch

Alright, I've held out long enough. Each day saying probably just one more day before a proper quality leak...Where do I find this poor audio leak?

kleptoned

Quote from: fitch on Apr 04, 2016, 07:09 PM
Alright, I've held out long enough. Each day saying probably just one more day before a proper quality leak...Where do I find this poor audio leak?
Google???

illthrowROCKS@U

Dude just hold out.  Only 2 more hours.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

fitch

Quote from: kleptoned on Apr 04, 2016, 07:11 PM
Google???

Oh, wow. Thanks. Forget it.

kleptoned

Quote from: fitch on Apr 04, 2016, 07:12 PM
Google???
+2

kleptoned

Quote from: fitch on Apr 04, 2016, 07:12 PM
Google???

Already have... Thanks for playing...

colonelsausage

I heard AH, and then when the rest leaked i just checked to see if it was real by checking if Xenon lasts longer than the clip that was on youtube, but with that rip quality I just can't, I gotta wait till Friday, I love everything I've heard, but I know how amazing the rest of the songs will sound after hearing hearts/wires etc, so im definitely waiting till I pick up the CD at the store to hear the rest of the songs. Can't wait!
The leak anticipation was so much fun on here, now that its out there and also in poor quality has helped me to want to wait now.

colonelsausage

even if a CD rip does leak between now and Friday im just gonna wait, will be even better when I go to Best Buy and buy 2 CD's, one for the car and one for home

jbmp1390

Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 04, 2016, 06:11 PM

Please, there are a few here and there that say things like that, but that is not an opinion that has truly dogged them throughout their career. I would hazard that many people enjoy them BECAUSE they do not tend to do the same things over again, while at the same time retaining their own vibe and style. Which is really difficult to achieve.

I love this album. Much more impressed with this than kny. This is more what I expect from them in the sense that it's not what I was expecting. If that makes any sense. This one will be a classic in their catalog. Reminds me of Diamond Eyes and Self Titled somewhat, in good ways. This shows that their creativity and talent have not waned at all, personally I don't think they ever really have, and I hate people saying it. Very happy with this.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

pinata89

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 04, 2016, 07:08 PM
Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 04, 2016, 06:08 PM

Yeah around 10am this morning. The state for my order now says "shipping" did you order the numbered 180 gram black or the standard white?
I ordered a 180g...not sure if it's black or white. I think white, because I preordered whatever sold out at first.

Berserker_Armor

Ahh... so, because I likely checked out as a guest, I can't track my vinyl order?