Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

underneaththecar

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 04, 2016, 10:29 PM
This album keeps making me want to listen to it over and over and over again without any skips. This hasnt happened since S/T .. Damn its good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed man been listening soo much and finding more to enjoy each time

GR1X7S

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 04, 2016, 10:55 PM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 04, 2016, 10:54 PM
somebody has info about the quantity of each viny pressing?

As far as I know they pressed Gore in a foil stamped numbered 180 gram black double LP with a run of 3500 worldwide. That was a Deftones site exclusive. Then the standard press is on white and it's also a double LP. White is standard so it will be readily available.

Teknoman

Hearts/Wires sounds like Palms ft. Stephen Carpenter.

I make music too

beaverwithfishyshoes

suprises me seeing people talking favorably about S/T. Thought I was the only one liking that album.

GR1X7S

Quote from: Teknoman on Apr 04, 2016, 11:04 PM

Only with better production

SCUM

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 04, 2016, 11:06 PM
suprises me seeing people talking favorably about S/T. Thought I was the only one liking that album.

it was like the dark side of white pony . i loved it.

RaptureWS

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 04, 2016, 11:06 PM

I didn't understand the love for Acid and LMIRL at first but they are really growing on me. The guitar in Acid is actually really fucking cool and I can see why Steph loves that songs. With the low quality leak it's just difficult to hear it clearly.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

cvthedrv

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 04, 2016, 11:02 PM

As far as I know they pressed Gore in a foil stamped numbered 180 gram black double LP with a run of 3500. That was a Deftones site exclusive. Not sure if that's the entire supply worldwide or just US. Then the standard press is on white and it's also a double LP. White is standard so it will be readily available.

that's exactly what i knew but recently i read in an online music shop from my country that they're a selling the regular edition and cost a  lot of money, publishing it as a limited edition, that sucks, cause i'd really like to have it right now.

i want more pressings!

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 04, 2016, 11:06 PM

You must be relatively new here, then!  That seems to be the most popular album in these parts.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

GR1X7S

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 04, 2016, 11:10 PM
Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 04, 2016, 11:06 PM

I didn't understand the love for Acid and LMIRL at first but they are really growing on me. The guitar in Acid is actually really fucking cool and I can see why Steph loves that songs. With the low quality leak it's just difficult to hear it clearly.

That's what's most exciting to me about finally hearing it in 320 or FLAC. We'll get to hear and discover all of the little effects and flourishes in the guitars and Frank's contributions to each track. I feel like we're losing so much of this album's personality with this current quality.

AJPV24

I read somewhere that the White Vinyl are also 3500 copies.

GR1X7S

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 04, 2016, 11:13 PM

As far as I know they pressed Gore in a foil stamped numbered 180 gram black double LP with a run of 3500. That was a Deftones site exclusive. Not sure if that's the entire supply worldwide or just US. Then the standard press is on white and it's also a double LP. White is standard so it will be readily available.

that's exactly what i knew but recently i read in an online music shop from my country that they're a selling the regular edition and cost a  lot of money, publishing it as a limited edition, that sucks, cause i'd really like to have it right now.

i want more pressings!

That's the thing we have all come to expect with Deftones. Everything they sell is expensive as fuck.

Still wish they would've pressed Gore on Pink wax. I think we all wanted that.

cvthedrv

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 04, 2016, 11:18 PM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 04, 2016, 11:13 PM

i want more pressings!

That's the thing we have all come to expect with Deftones. Everything they sell is expensive as fuck.

Still wish they would've pressed Gore on Pink wax. I think we all wanted that.

white splattered pink or pink splattered white. <3

m1nusblindfoLd

As far as I know they pressed Gore in a foil stamped numbered 180 gram black double LP with a run of 3500 worldwide. That was a Deftones site exclusive. Then the standard press is on white and it's also a double LP. White is standard so it will be readily available.

I'm not too knowledgable in vinyl..why is a special version normal black color..wouldn't the more unique white color be the special one so to speak? Just bc the black is foil stamped and numbered?

pinata89

Idk, all i know is i got a copy of the one that ran out...so i'm thankful for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m1nusblindfoLd

I ordered white bc the guy who leaked the 3 songs had a cool pic of his :)

GR1X7S

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Apr 04, 2016, 11:21 PM

I'm not too knowledgable in vinyl..why is a special version normal black color..wouldn't the more unique white color be the special one so to speak? Just bc the black is foil stamped and numbered?

The Black is more expensive and sought after because it's 180 gram which is a heavier weight to the record and that usually represents a higher quality pressing. It doesn't really effect the sound, it's just a heavier record. White does seem to go great with the album art but I just went with the black because it's numbered, same with Koi No Yokan.

cvthedrv

they did the same with the kny foild stamped 180 gram vinyl, but i think it was a mount of only 1000

GR1X7S

(L)mirl sounds like what that fake Gore album cover looks like. Dark with a hint of danger.

Inkblades