Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plagasx

So has the 320 leaked yet?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

NYRexall

Quote from: BlackDiamondSkye on Apr 05, 2016, 12:24 AM
Personally I'm kinda split between Around the fur and Koi No Yokan lol but I seem to be one of the few here that adored KNY.

Count me in, too. ATF and KNY are my two faves of theirs. Really hopeful that Gore will overtake KNY though, based on what people here are saying about it..

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 05, 2016, 03:51 AM
I'm still scratching my head over that one review that was saying nothing on here was as catchy as Koi. The choruses and bridges of H/W, Phantom Bride and Rubicon have been ingrained in my brain all day. I'll tell you what, that Chino Moreno sure knows how to write some monster fucking hooks.

I agree.  Ever since I heard Gore, I've had a lot of tracks stuck in my head, particularly AH and Xenon.  I'm sitting here like, "KNY..?  What's that?"
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

pinata89

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 03:53 AM
Personally I'm kinda split between Around the fur and Koi No Yokan lol but I seem to be one of the few here that adored KNY.

Count me in, too. ATF and KNY are my two faves of theirs. Really hopeful that Gore will overtake KNY though, based on what people here are saying about it..
I think it will

Freedomsoldier17

all this new material has made older DT music a bit boring for me...hope that doesn't last forever

77years

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 05, 2016, 03:51 AM
I'm still scratching my head over that one review that was saying nothing on here was as catchy as Koi. The choruses and bridges of H/W, Phantom Bride and Rubicon have been ingrained in my brain all day. I'll tell you what, that Chino Moreno sure knows how to write some monster fucking hooks.

Hooks on Gore kill.  So much Cocteau Twins catchiness.  Kind of shit that never leaves your head.  I was cutting the grass and Xenon was bugging the shit out of me for hours. Couldn't leave me alone!

seasick

I'm just excited about how much I already love the album even with a low-quality vinyl rip. I think my least favorites are Pittura and Xenon, but then every time I get to those tracks I'm like "well shit, I can't skip this!" I can't even find tracks to skip yet, so I'm having to listen to it all the way through every time, which is very different from how I went about listening to KNY. I really need that high quality leak. I can't stand this anymore. I'm not condoning robbing a Target and snatching the disk, but if anyone is already planning on Robbing a Target please be considerate and grab the album on your way out.

Mr Blonde

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 03:53 AM

You were great in Miss Congeniality

illthrowROCKS@U

Does anyone else feel like Sergio-era Deftones has had the same trajectory as Chi-era Deftones did thus far?

Hear me out:

You could say that with Diamond Eyes the band hit the reset button.  They went back to basics, back to the simple and straight forward.

Adrenaline was this way, I feel.  Very simple minded.  Solid, heavy, but just simple.  This is how I see DE; simple and basic, but till very good in its own right.

Around the fur, much like Koi no Yokan, didn't really do much to expand their sound.  Rather than expand and change their sound, ATF and KNY saw them perfecting the sound established on their respective previous albums.  They both took that sound they had on that previous album, and molded, shaped, and refined that sound.  But all in all, no major stylistic changes were made between these two albums.

Now we come to White Pony and Gore.  Completely left-field, totally different from what they had done before.  A big big, yuuuuge change in sound and direction.  Also both very polarizing releases, with many people who do not like the new direction, but with many many more people welcoming the changes with open arms for their genius.

I wonder if the guys are aware of the striking similarities?
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Lurid Vega

Quote from: Teknoman on Apr 04, 2016, 11:04 PM
Hearts/Wires sounds like Palms ft. Stephen Carpenter.
Yeah, it sounds amazing to the human ear. Anything else?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

NYRexall

Quote from: play on Apr 05, 2016, 02:46 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 02:35 AM
Quote from: play on Apr 05, 2016, 02:25 AM
Please god. I need that 320 rip. I can't take not listening to it anymore.

I don't want to ruin it with the fucking shit quality. :/ :/

Someone must have this shit.

Chill out, dude

You live in Australia. It's Friday over there like a fucking whole day before it is in the U.S.

You waited this long...why ruin it on some shitty 320 rip when you can have the vinyl or FLAC in just a couple more days, ffs

Good point! Just fookin excited bra. Haha :)

So when it's Friday over there but still Thursday here, you're going to log right in and upload that 320 rip for everyone, I'm guessing?  :)

pinata89

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 05, 2016, 04:04 AM
Does anyone else feel like Sergio-era Deftones has had the same trajectory as Chi-era Deftones did thus far?

Hear me out:

You could say that with Diamond Eyes the band hit the reset button.  They went back to basics, back to the simple and straight forward.

Adrenaline was this way, I feel.  Very simple minded.  Solid, heavy, but just simple.  This is how I see DE; simple and basic, but till very good in its own right.

Around the fur, much like Koi no Yokan, didn't really do much to expand their sound.  Rather than expand and change their sound, ATF and KNY saw them perfecting the sound established on their respective previous albums.  They both took that sound they had on that previous album, and molded, shaped, and refined that sound.  But all in all, no major stylistic changes were made between these two albums.

Now we come to White Pony and Gore.  Completely left-field, totally different from what they had done before.  A big big, yuuuuge change in sound and direction.  Also both very polarizing releases, with many people who do not like the new direction, but with many many more people welcoming the changes with open arms for their genius.

If this is the WP of this era, i will die happy hearing the S/T😛

NYRexall

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 05, 2016, 02:49 AM
Quote from: teamlr on Apr 05, 2016, 02:45 AM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 02:41 AM
Quote from: teamlr on Apr 05, 2016, 02:38 AM
Does anybody else think (L)mirl is about Chi?

I thought so too

Or a breakup song

I agree going back and forth with it.

for sure is not about chi, is a very pesimistic and hatred song, and cant believe how look a like to the pod of hum it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q397xZoMSQ

Oh wow..

phil for real

Pitturas opening riff is so Smashing Pumpkins.  Really enjoy this track.

NYRexall

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 03:07 AM
Rubicon extended a few minutes by a jam on that last bit would be a sick encore

lol remember when that fake tracklist time was floating around last month and Rubicon was like 8 minutes long and LMIRL was less than 2

SCUM

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 05, 2016, 04:06 AM

Hear me out:

this

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 05, 2016, 04:06 AM

Hear me out:

I was thinking the same thing.

I was actually hoping for one more album, representing the S/T of the Sergio era, and then Eros to become the second SNW.  From what we've heard of that album, it does sound a lot like SNW.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

NYRexall

Quote from: teamlr on Apr 05, 2016, 03:14 AM
I would love to hear What happened to you.. Live!!

lol yup

phil for real

I don't really understand why everyone wants Eros so much.  It's not even close to being completed.  I honestly think it'd be a little underwhelming as well.  As much as I hate what happened to Chi, I think as a band and musically it completely rejuvenated them.

NYRexall

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 05, 2016, 03:30 AM
Gore, Phantom Bride and Rubicon back to back isn't even fair lol

The way people are talking, this three-song stretch is the best thing on a Deftones record since ATF's blazing mid-album run of BQ&D, Lotion and DTF