Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinata89

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 04:15 AM
Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 05, 2016, 03:30 AM
Gore, Phantom Bride and Rubicon back to back isn't even fair lol

The way people are talking, this three-song stretch is the best thing on a Deftones record since ATF's blazing mid-album run of BQ&D, Lotion and DTF
I would add (l)mirl to the front of that list

phil for real

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 05, 2016, 04:16 AM

The way people are talking, this three-song stretch is the best thing on a Deftones record since ATF's blazing mid-album run of BQ&D, Lotion and DTF

Yeah one of the best tracks they've ever written imo.  That chorus is huge and massive.  It feels so warm.  Beautiful.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 05, 2016, 04:13 AM
I don't really understand why everyone wants Eros so much.  It's not even close to being completed.  I honestly think it'd be a little underwhelming as well.  As much as I hate what happened to Chi, I think as a band and musically it completely rejuvenated them.

I think, despite Chi's accident and resulting death being extremely tragic for the band, fans, and his family members, that it did have a rejuvinating effect on them too.  But I still want to hear Eros eventually... why wouldn't anyone want to hear it?

But lets not go down this path right now, we all seem very happy with Gore.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 05, 2016, 04:17 AM

Yeah one of the best tracks they've ever written imo.  That chorus is huge and massive.  It feels so warm.  Beautiful.

The last 5 tracks are really very stellar.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

77years

No doubt. 

phil for real

Yeah I'd personally rather have the band write entirely new albums than release Eros.  This direction they've been going since Sergio entered the picture is amazing.

NYRexall

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 03:41 AM
Pittura Infamante should have been the lead single. Seriously.  It would have fucking trolled Deftones fans so hard. Can you imagine if that song would have come out in place of P/T. 

We would have been expecting an album of metallized Italian folk music.

lol wtf

77years

phil for real

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 04:19 AM
Pittura Infamante should have been the lead single. Seriously.  It would have fucking trolled Deftones fans so hard. Can you imagine if that song would have come out in place of P/T. 

lol wtf

This song has serious Smashing Pumpkins vibes.  Love it.  Been growing on me a lot.  It was initially one of my least favorites even though I enjoyed it.  Now I'm starting to love it.

B0RNtoR0CK

I've only heard Doomed User and Prayers/Triangles and I recently listened to Acid Hologram which I now have on repeat. I really like Acid Hologram, like I really really like it. Hard to believe it gets better from there.

pinata89

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Apr 05, 2016, 04:22 AM
I've only heard Doomed User and Prayers/Triangles and I recently listened to Acid Hologram which I now have on repeat. I really like Acid Hologram, like I really really like it. Hard to believe it gets better from there.
It really fucking does man lol

77years

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 05, 2016, 04:21 AM

lol wtf

This song has serious Smashing Pumpkins vibes.  Love it.  Been growing on me a lot.  It was initially one of my least favorites even though I enjoyed it.  Now I'm starting to love it.

I love that take on it.  The entire thing is very SP- like come to think of it...

NYRexall

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 05, 2016, 03:55 AM
I think it will

I think so too, actually

I absolutely love KNY. I know a lot of fans don't feel the same way, but when that record came out, I remember thinking "how can they top this?"

Now I'm reading all this hype about Gore and I'm thinking the same thing, and I haven't even heard the fucking album yet!

Like I was telling ANattyRat the other day, I've been a hardcore Deftones fan since ATF, but I truly believe Gore is going to be the culmination of that fandom. The point where I was rewarded immensely for following this band and their frontman's every move..

phil for real

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 04:23 AM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 05, 2016, 04:21 AM

lol wtf

I love that take on it.  The entire thing is very SP- like come to think of it...

It def is.  You can hear some definite SP influence throughout the entire album. 

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 05, 2016, 04:23 AM
Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Apr 05, 2016, 04:22 AM
It really fucking does man lol

I really wish it were friday :(

NYRexall

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 03:57 AM

Hooks on Gore kill.  So much Cocteau Twins catchiness.  Kind of shit that never leaves your head.  I was cutting the grass and Xenon was bugging the shit out of me for hours. Couldn't leave me alone!

Okay hot shot...let's hear your top 11 Gore songs, based on infectious choruses/hooks

pinata89

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 04:24 AM
Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 05, 2016, 03:55 AM
I think it will

I think so too, actually

I absolutely love KNY. I know a lot of fans don't feel the same way, but when that record came out, I remember thinking "how can they top this?"

Now I'm reading all this hype about Gore and I'm thinking the same thing, and I haven't even heard the fucking album yet!

Like I was telling ANattyRat the other day, I've been a hardcore Deftones fan since ATF, but I truly believe Gore is going to be the culmination of that fandom. The point where I was rewarded immensely for following this band and their frontman's every move..
I wholeheartedly think this album will not let you down at the slightest. They really went all out with this one!

BallZDeeP

i thought maybe i was the weird one for PI being my favorite track

NYRexall

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 04:20 AM
Rexall:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tzgkx0A3a00

Prep yourself

Not clicking on that, lol

I want as LITTLE clue as to what's coming with this album as possible. I'll PM it to myself and go back to it Saturday and see what you mean  ;D

venomousinsipid

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 05, 2016, 04:04 AM
Does anyone else feel like Sergio-era Deftones has had the same trajectory as Chi-era Deftones did thus far?

Hear me out:

You could say that with Diamond Eyes the band hit the reset button.  They went back to basics, back to the simple and straight forward.

Adrenaline was this way, I feel.  Very simple minded.  Solid, heavy, but just simple.  This is how I see DE; simple and basic, but till very good in its own right.

Around the fur, much like Koi no Yokan, didn't really do much to expand their sound.  Rather than expand and change their sound, ATF and KNY saw them perfecting the sound established on their respective previous albums.  They both took that sound they had on that previous album, and molded, shaped, and refined that sound.  But all in all, no major stylistic changes were made between these two albums.

Now we come to White Pony and Gore.  Completely left-field, totally different from what they had done before.  A big big, yuuuuge change in sound and direction.  Also both very polarizing releases, with many people who do not like the new direction, but with many many more people welcoming the changes with open arms for their genius.

I wonder if the guys are aware of the striking similarities?

Nice point of view. If this is true i need to hear the new selftitled <3
Blow me away...!