Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stu_101

Guys, we shouldn't be spreading a CD version. Just wait til Friday and make do with the vinyl rip. There's always a dirty Russian around the corner.

Ps. No offence to any Russians.
Pps. Okay, maybe slight offence ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestillusion

Food for thought: I want the HQ rip just as much as the rest of you, and like all of you (I fucking hope), I am buying multiple copies of this album in multiple formats.

But I gotta say, the way some of you are handling this is embarrassing and disrespectful to the band. Talking about making deals with them and then leaking the album anyway, stealing the album from stores, posting the artwork, ignoring their pleas to not leak the album... wtf? I can't know how they feel, but if I was them and I was looking at my community of fans and how they are treating me as the artist... disappointed is putting it lightly.

Many of you talk about how this community looks out for each other and is like family... don't forget that Deftones are a part of this family too. They are the elders.

Deftones, if you are reading this... I hope that you know that what you are seeing here is not a full indication of your fan base. You are only seeing a corner of it.. the depraved and those who are rabid at the end result while disregarding the process itself. You guys are incredible artists. As someone else said, at least you can see how much your new album is appreciated... you truly should be proud of your work!
I am, therefore, I am not.

chuckles

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 05, 2016, 06:31 PM
Quote from: alturademiras on Apr 05, 2016, 06:27 PM
Much love to you 77years, you'll be remembered as a hero!

Oh my god. You've been lurking this thread and signed up just about when you think there'll be a CD rip. Not cool, dude.

one of chinos sympathizers lol
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Deft_ones

It's badass how everyone here looks after one another.

BallZDeeP

Well im happy for 77.

pinata89

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 05, 2016, 06:33 PM
Well im happy for 77.
Did he say where he got it?

gwenudo

Quote from: honestillusion on Apr 05, 2016, 06:31 PM
Food for thought: I want the HQ rip just as much as the rest of you, and like all of you (I fucking hope), I am buying multiple copies of this album in multiple formats.

But I gotta say, the way some of you are handling this is embarrassing and disrespectful to the band. Talking about making deals with them and then leaking the album anyway, stealing the album from stores, posting the artwork, ignoring their pleas to not leak the album... wtf? I can't know how they feel, but if I was them and I was looking at my community of fans and how they are treating me as the artist... disappointed is putting it lightly.

Deftones, if you are reading this... I hope that you know that what you are seeing here is not a full indication of your fan base. You are only seeing a corner of it.. the rabid and those who are depraved at the end result regardless of the process itself. You guys are incredible artists. As someone else said, at least you can see how much your new album is appreciated... you truly should be proud of your work!
Quit sucking up. If you cant take a joke of us playing around saying how we can steal it and shit then maybe you shouldnt be here. They werent serious suggestions, only dumb jokes.
Was it like it seemed?...

Capt Snow

Many of you talk about how this community looks out for each other and is like family... don't forget that Deftones are a part of this family too. They are the elders.

Deftones, if you are reading this... I hope that you know that what you are seeing here is not a full indication of your fan base. You are only seeing a corner of it.. the depraved and those who are rabid at the end result while disregarding the process itself. You guys are incredible artists. As someone else said, at least you can see how much your new album is appreciated... you truly should be proud of your work!

shill detected

BallZDeeP

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 05, 2016, 06:33 PM
Well im happy for 77.
Yea but nowhere near me so i forget

Papa Prune

If warner guys are watching this thread, can they explain me why:
- i cant rip my phisical copy of white pony to itunes to put it in my iphone.
- why they are not able to include a digital download with the delux pack (110 dollars) that i preoredered?

Thank you.

By the way I downloaded the bad vinyl rip. I listened to it then i erased it after a few listening. And i preordered long agonthe deluxe pack plus i ordered the digital version on amazon since i won't get the physical'copynin my mail friday.

77years

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 05, 2016, 06:34 PM
Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 05, 2016, 06:33 PM
Well im happy for 77.
Yea but nowhere near me so i forget

Can't say but Ballz has 2 pics

gwenudo

Quote from: Papa Prune on Apr 05, 2016, 06:35 PM
- why they are not able to include a digital download with the delux pack (110 dollars) that i preoredered?

Thank you.

By the way I downloaded the bad vinyl rip. I listened to it then i erased it after a few listening. And i preordered long agonthe deluxe pack plus i ordered the digital version on amazon since i won't get the physical'copynin my mail friday.
The ripping to itunes for your iphone thing sounds more like an apple problem, not them
Was it like it seemed?...

cvthedrv

Quote from: AJPV24 on Apr 05, 2016, 06:30 PM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 05, 2016, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't leak it if I were you.  Sure, I'd love to hear it now but I'd hate to see a member and a fellow fan get into any kind of trouble over doing this.  They seem to be pretty hell-bent on keeping this thing under wraps until Friday.

This. Only 3 more days people.

i think the same, the fucking tokiodrifter will be even in your nightmares.

beaverwithfishyshoes

inb4 endless moral debate.

pinata89

ANattyRat

Deftones, if you are reading this... I hope that you know that what you are seeing here is not a full indication of your fan base. You are only seeing a corner of it.. the rabid and those who are depraved at the end result regardless of the process itself. You guys are incredible artists. As someone else said, at least you can see how much your new album is appreciated... you truly should be proud of your work!

Firstly, the talk about deals and leaking the unreleased songs anyway was a joke. Unless you actually think we expect Chino to pop up, message 77years and say, "Hey dude, if you don't release the CD rip of Gore, I'll give you Eros"???

The stealing from stores was a joke, too. Maybe you've heard of them? We also told Gwenudo to give someone a blowjob in exchange for the album. Or did you think that was serious too? There are almost 400 pages on this thread, man. A lot of it is just chatting and foolish talk to pass the wait.

The album has already leaked, posting the artwork is hardly a big deal anymore. Hell, posting a CD rip isn't even a big deal anymore, since people have already heard the music. Diamond Eyes leaked two months in advance, and it sucked for the band, but they got over it. They still play shows for their fans, make music, meet them, talk to them, etc. Do you think they really think their fan base sucks for being so excited about their music that a lot of them can't wait? Because I don't think they care after a while. I think they accept that it's part of the way technology is, and eventually get over it. Except for Stef, I doubt he minds at all.

honestillusion

Not sucking up at all, just thinking respectfully as an artist myself in relation to another artist. Regardless of any hidden intent behind any posts (because emotions and full communication is impossible in text format), the words speak for themselves... the words and the actions. I'm not pointing these messages to every person on this board. I love this community. I'm speaking to those who are handling this situation in ways that must feel like a punch in the face to the band members.

This is 2016. Albums are going to leak, there's no doubt. Until a better model for the music industry is devised that does away with the need to pirate (I actually have been developing such an idea for years)... this is how things are. I'm sure successful musicians know this.
I am, therefore, I am not.

Papa Prune

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 06:36 PM
Quote from: Papa Prune on Apr 05, 2016, 06:35 PM

Thank you.

The ripping to itunes for your iphone thing sounds more like an apple problem, not them

I bought the red white pony version the day it came out (june 2000 if i remember well). At this time they put a shitty copy control on the record and my PC won't even read the disc.

rageman02uk

Has the lyrics been confirmed with the album?

glassJAw78

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 06:33 PM

Quit sucking up. If you cant take a joke of us playing around saying how we can steal it and shit then maybe you shouldnt be here. They werent serious suggestions, only dumb jokes.

I made a "he should cop it" joke.

I want the album now and will buy multiple copies on Friday, but I don't really think people should become degenerates to scratch their Deftones itch. This album is phenomenal and I, like everyone else, am excited for anything Deftones put out. Got my tickets to Coney Island which will be my 22nd time seeing Chino and company live.