Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckles

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 05, 2016, 06:37 PM
Quote from: honestillusion on Apr 05, 2016, 06:31 PM
Food for thought: I want the HQ rip just as much as the rest of you, and like all of you (I fucking hope), I am buying multiple copies of this album in multiple formats.

But I gotta say, the way some of you are handling this is embarrassing and disrespectful to the band. Talking about making deals with them and then leaking the album anyway, stealing the album from stores, posting the artwork, ignoring their pleas to not leak the album... wtf? I can't know how they feel, but if I was them and I was looking at my community of fans and how they are treating me as the artist... disappointed is putting it lightly.

Deftones, if you are reading this... I hope that you know that what you are seeing here is not a full indication of your fan base. You are only seeing a corner of it.. the rabid and those who are depraved at the end result regardless of the process itself. You guys are incredible artists. As someone else said, at least you can see how much your new album is appreciated... you truly should be proud of your work!

Firstly, the talk about deals and leaking the unreleased songs anyway was a joke. Unless you actually think we expect Chino to pop up, message 77years and say, "Hey dude, if you don't release the CD rip of Gore, I'll give you Eros"???

The stealing from stores was a joke, too. Maybe you've heard of them? We also told Gwenudo to give someone a blowjob in exchange for the album. Or did you think that was serious too? There are almost 400 pages on this thread, man. A lot of it is just chatting and foolish talk to pass the wait.

The album has already leaked, posting the artwork is hardly a big deal anymore. Hell, posting a CD rip isn't even a big deal anymore, since people have already heard the music. Diamond Eyes leaked two months in advance, and it sucked for the band, but they got over it. They still play shows for their fans, make music, meet them, talk to them, etc. Do you think they really think their fan base sucks for being so excited about their music that a lot of them can't wait? Because I don't think they care after a while. I think they accept that it's part of the way technology is, and eventually get over it. Except for Stef, I doubt he minds at all.

and to add... steph one time said (correct me if im wrong)... "an album it's not fully released until it has been leaked on the internet". something like that...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Diplo

I'm really tired of this thread.

2MoreHours

Quote from: honestillusion on Apr 05, 2016, 06:31 PM
Food for thought: I want the HQ rip just as much as the rest of you, and like all of you (I fucking hope), I am buying multiple copies of this album in multiple formats.

But I gotta say, the way some of you are handling this is embarrassing and disrespectful to the band. Talking about making deals with them and then leaking the album anyway, stealing the album from stores, posting the artwork, ignoring their pleas to not leak the album... wtf? I can't know how they feel, but if I was them and I was looking at my community of fans and how they are treating me as the artist... disappointed is putting it lightly.

Deftones, if you are reading this... I hope that you know that what you are seeing here is not a full indication of your fan base. You are only seeing a corner of it.. the rabid and those who are depraved at the end result regardless of the process itself. You guys are incredible artists. As someone else said, at least you can see how much your new album is appreciated... you truly should be proud of your work!

Firstly, the talk about deals and leaking the unreleased songs anyway was a joke. Unless you actually think we expect Chino to pop up, message 77years and say, "Hey dude, if you don't release the CD rip of Gore, I'll give you Eros"???

The stealing from stores was a joke, too. Maybe you've heard of them? We also told Gwenudo to give someone a blowjob in exchange for the album. Or did you think that was serious too? There are almost 400 pages on this thread, man. A lot of it is just chatting and foolish talk to pass the wait.

The album has already leaked, posting the artwork is hardly a big deal anymore. Hell, posting a CD rip isn't even a big deal anymore, since people have already heard the music. Diamond Eyes leaked two months in advance, and it sucked for the band, but they got over it. They still play shows for their fans, make music, meet them, talk to them, etc. Do you think they really think their fan base sucks for being so excited about their music that a lot of them can't wait? Because I don't think they care after a while. I think they accept that it's part of the way technology is, and eventually get over it. Except for Stef, I doubt he minds at all.

This had me about to fall out of my chair. hahaha!

beaverwithfishyshoes

Except for Stef, I doubt he minds at all.

77years is probably Steph

ANattyRat

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 05, 2016, 06:40 PM

The guy who ripped the vinyl was probably Stef, haha. "Sick of everyone taking this interview the wrong way, just have the album and shut up!"

gwenudo

Quote from: honestillusion on Apr 05, 2016, 06:39 PM
Not sucking up at all, just thinking respectfully as an artist myself in relation to another artist. Regardless of any hidden intent behind any posts (because emotions and full communication is impossible in text format), the words speak for themselves... the words and the actions. I'm not pointing these messages to every person on this board. I love this community. I'm speaking to those who are handling this situation in ways that must feel like a punch in the face to the band members.

This is 2016. Albums are going to leak, there's no doubt. Until a better model for the music industry is devised that does away with the need to pirate (I actually have been developing such an idea for years)... this is how things are. I'm sure successful musicians know this.
If anything, this is just a wake up call to the music industry that leaking is a serious thing. This should make them say ok we have to change things. Its like Playstation and Xbox, their shitty networks keep getting DDOSed but they wont fucking implement better security even though they get a shit ton of money from subscribers. If anything i think they really did well keeping this wrapped up for so long, theyre getting good, next time maybe itll even be impossible to get a leak.
Was it like it seemed?...

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 05, 2016, 06:43 PM
Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 05, 2016, 06:40 PM

The guy who ripped the vinyl was probably Stef, haha. "Sick of everyone taking this interview the wrong way, just have the album and shut up!"

yeah he even cared so little he made a shitty rip.

Stephen is like the trojan horse of the band.

77years

x

honestillusion

I spent all day on this forum Saturday refreshing, posting and talking to people. I have an "8 days of Deftones" series going on my FB to celebrate the band's albums and the lead up to Gore. I'm a long time fan, a long time lurker here and am guilty of listening to a low quality rip of the album.

I get the jokes, I do. Hopefully the band can be just as light-hearted. The talks about stealing the album and such though... it's just... the music industry is a mess. They deserve the money. I'm sure they don't want fans getting put in jail for not having the patience to wait a couple days.
I am, therefore, I am not.

gwenudo

Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 06:47 PM
Yall I am not an IT guy, just an excited fan, please don't send me PMs especially threatening, I'm just a fan nothing more, I sent pics to Ballzdeep to confirm but I'm not posting them for spoiler reasons
Theres a spoiler feature on here, ballz should show you, or ballz can atleast use the spoiler feature himself.

sharinglungs

Sounds like a computer problem. The album leaked so the copy protection wasnt that good.

gwenudo

Quote from: honestillusion on Apr 05, 2016, 06:47 PM
I spent all day on this forum Saturday refreshing, posting and talking to people. I have an "8 days of Deftones" series going on my FB to celebrate the band's albums and the lead up to Gore. I'm a long time fan, a long time lurker here and am guilty of listening to a low quality rip of the album.

I get the jokes, I do. Hopefully the band can be just as light-hearted. The talks about stealing the album and such though... it's just... the music industry is a mess. They deserve the money. I'm sure they don't want fans getting put in jail for not having the patience to wait a couple days.
The thing is, theyre just JOKES. Like seriously man its just a bunch of friends sitting together in a room saying dumbass shit, stop being so uptight about it, dont say you and your friends dont say dumbass stuff together.

ANattyRat

Yall I am not an IT guy, just an excited fan, please don't send me PMs especially threatening, I'm just a fan nothing more, I sent pics to Ballzdeep to confirm but I'm not posting them for spoiler reasons

If you can post it as spoilers, I know I'd be grateful at least, I'd love to see the artwork (and the lyrics), if you have the time.

B_S_79

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 06:00 PM
HYPE IS HERE THANK YOU 77

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I just sent you pics of a cd on a shelf, but hook a brother up. :-)
Your PM's are full.

gwenudo

Quote from: B_S_79 on Apr 05, 2016, 06:50 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 06:00 PM
HYPE IS HERE THANK YOU 77

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I just sent you pics of a cd on a shelf, but hook a brother up. :-)
Your PM's are full.
We dont have the rip yet, its coming though i hope!

glassJAw78

Kinda fuct up that you would get threatening messages at all. This is the world we live in unfortunately.

ANattyRat

Quote from: honestillusion on Apr 05, 2016, 06:47 PM

They were jokes, dude. Like I said, I remember us telling Gwenudo he should give one of the people that work there oral sex so we'd get the album. It goes without saying we were messing around, no-one is actually telling people to commit theft, or...well, prostitution.

Yossarian

It's couple more hours of waiting for us vs. thousands of $ less for Deftones for their work.
Don't leak it man. 

(PMing link to me wouldn't techically be a leak on a mass scale... just sayin')
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Divided_Spirit

Somehow I knew if anyone beat me to it today it would be 77. Fuck, I guess you're more Bruce Willis than me.

kurtone

God this thread is going to explode soon with all the noobs asking for PM's again