Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punkflop01

pelican fly

Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 05, 2016, 09:04 PM
Quote from: pelican fly on Apr 05, 2016, 09:02 PM
Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 05, 2016, 08:56 PM
What new songs do you guys think they will be playing at the amoeba show they play next Monday? I'll be there  8)

I have no idea. I'm sure they will play a good chunk of it though. Gore has to be a staple .
I hope you get the whole album man!

Would love to see Geometric Headdress live but I have a feeling that one will be a little tricky to perfect live.

Yea. The structure and chorus makes me think that will be a rare song to play if they ever decide to . I think Acid is a lock and I'm sure Gore will be also. Imagine when you hear that intro. That song will have whatever venue going apeshit.

Deft_ones

Quote from: redeemer96 on Apr 05, 2016, 09:06 PM
how many people do you think will be at amoeba this friday trying to get a guaranteed spot?

Tons lol. I have a friend going at like 7 AM to get in line and pick me up a vinyl copy to guarantee me my spot.

GR1X7S

redeemer96

Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 05, 2016, 09:09 PM
how many people do you think will be at amoeba this friday trying to get a guaranteed spot?

Tons lol. I have a friend going at like 7 AM to get in line and pick me up a vinyl copy to guarantee me my spot.

thats pretty early...store doesn't even open till 10:30!

Deft_ones

Quote from: redeemer96 on Apr 05, 2016, 09:13 PM

Yeah but I figure there will be a line and we don't want to take any chances. Amoeba isn't a huge store so I want to be guaranteed a spot rather than just showing up and hoping the store isn't already full

Reichward

I have a simple question: which song exactly is the heaviest? I still haven't listened to the rip.

gwenudo

Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 05, 2016, 09:15 PM
Quote from: redeemer96 on Apr 05, 2016, 09:13 PM

Yeah but I figure there will be a line and we don't want to take any chances. Amoeba isn't a huge store so I want to be guaranteed a spot rather than just showing up and hoping the store isn't already full
Trust me, people go early, they always do. If you want to be guaranteed a spot and possibly be uplcose to them, you have to go early.
Was it like it seemed?...

redeemer96

idk man its supposed to be the for first 600 copies sold, thatd be one hell of a line

underneaththecar

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 05, 2016, 09:16 PM
I have a simple question: which song exactly is the heaviest? I still haven't listened to the rip.
Gore

iceeslunk

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 05, 2016, 08:55 PM
A new Deftones release seems to be a life event around here. Wouldn't have it any other way. None of my friends or family like them anywhere near as much as me and they get annoyed with how much i talk about my favorite band. I'm so glad a community like SL exists because i could talk and read up about Deftones all damn day! 
This group is our sanctuary 

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

that tattoo is fucking badass...and i dont even like tattoos!

gwenudo

Quote from: underneaththecar on Apr 05, 2016, 09:20 PM
Gore
Definitely Gore.

Deft_ones

Definitely the title track. Interviews said (L)mirl was the heaviest and while the content of the song is heavy, musically it is pretty uplifting for most of the song. Gore is the heaviest.

pinata89

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 05, 2016, 09:20 PM
Gore
Definitely Gore.
+1

Reichward

Gore
Definitely Gore.
Now would you gentlemen say that it's heavier than anything they've done after S/T? I wanna know if it's right to be hyped to the max

iceeslunk

as i recall, its probably either doomed user or gore...definitely the most consistently heavy riffs & screams anyway...

underneaththecar

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 05, 2016, 09:22 PM
Gore
Definitely Gore.
Now would you gentlemen say that it's heavier than anything they've done after S/T? I wanna know if it's right to be hyped to the max
If you like ST I think this album will be in your wheel house it's just also more expirimental and eclectic as well

Inkblades

Gore isn't Hexagram or WGTB-styled heaviness, IMO. It has heavy parts, but a lot of clean vocals too. Not as dark as those songs either, seems a little more like something off Adrenaline to me.

gwenudo

Gore
Definitely Gore.
The album or song? Im not exactly sure.. I mean you have a couple of heavy songs on the last 3 albums, this one is definitely darker than the last 3 though, its almost on par with s/t.. Theyre head to head for me

redeemer96

Gore
Definitely Gore.

I wouldnt say so