Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

Quote from: Capt Snow on Apr 06, 2016, 09:50 AM
Can someone confirm that the 320 CD rip also has the record spin effect at the end of Acid Hologram?

I thought this was the actual vinyl being scratched.

It's a tape loop being fast forwarded while playing

Moz

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 06, 2016, 09:54 AM
Can someone confirm that the 320 CD rip also has the record spin effect at the end of Acid Hologram?

It's on the CD, too. Sounds very cool, too, goes from the left to the right in the headphones.

Yeah i noticed that.

Very last scream on Gore is so much more brutal and darker now. New leak makes the record so much better and groovier

Man, to think that when P/T came out we were afraid the production was off.

daydreamer83

Hey, been listening to and sharing around some of the new record in vinyl rip  with other  folks here since Monday.  Really  psyched to hear some of these extra layers in the CD quality release though. Would be really grateful if someone has  a pmlink - markbaez82@gmail.com  - buying the record on friday but wait until then is killing me

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 09:30 AM
With the quality leak i love the production. Its very clear but not TOO clear like KNY. Production reminds me of ATF actually. Its also the first time since ATf / WP that Abe's drumming had that clear hitting sound. Maybe because terry date helped? I dunno but the drumming is one of my fave parts of ATF / WP and they're back once again on Gore
Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 09:35 AM
I also think the quality rip sounds waaaay more metal. The guitars really have that ATF punch on almost every song. I was surprised how much more metal it sounded, how much more like the Deftones from the old era.

So glad you got the album for your trip <3 I was reading the whole time....anticipating this moment.

Favorite moment reading all these pages, trying to catch up, is when I saw a guy named "numetalguy," with one post, ask for the vinyl leak. I thought to myself, " there's no way somebody would leak it to him" then a couple pages later someone confirmed the website and user it was leaked from hahahaha classic fucking SL.

77years- you had me lolling

Vesanic- great job *kiss*

Brazilian deftones fan- stfu... Nobody cares about your opinion

And to that NYrexall guy (or whatever his sn is)... Chill out with the hype. I have a feeling you won't like it and you'll hate us all
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Moz

Thanks Jerry :)

Sorry if I come off too happy, but funny thing just happened: my iphone played swerve city after the ending of gore on my deftones playlist just now and daaaamn what a difference. KNY sounds so flat compared to Gore. Not talking about the melodies, strictly production. The drums on Gore are MUCH clearer, guitars also better, bass isn't even a contest. Wow.

GR1X7S

Gore and coffee

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

CarloDefDonno

Guys. I am having a fucking tough day at university. But yesterday I bought a good set of speakers and I would be endlessly grateful if someone sent me the link to the 320 rip. I need some catharsis tonight.

GR1X7S

Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 10:09 AM

Sorry if I come off too happy, but funny thing just happened: my iphone played swerve city after the ending of gore on my deftones playlist just now and daaaamn what a difference. KNY sounds so flat compared to Gore. Not talking about the melodies, strictly production. The drums on Gore are MUCH clearer, guitars also better, bass isn't even a contest. Wow.
I compared them last night and yes its immediately a huge difference in mixing. KNY was super clean, it worked for that album but Gore has such a raw punch, i agree with you saying it reminds you of ATF. The mixing definitely has that same dirty feel to it, especially in the guitar tone.

GR1X7S

I am sooo looking forward to finding out how this will sound on vinyl

gwenudo

So is there a reason people decided to just give the whole world access to that FLAC? Thought we didnt want to go that route. Ballz you were right, it wasnt going to stay in SL only lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

LG95

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 06, 2016, 09:54 AM

It's on the CD, too. Sounds very cool, too, goes from the left to the right in the headphones.
I love how guitar bit at the start of Prayers/Triangles goes right to left.
I could float here forever

Moz

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 06, 2016, 10:25 AM

I compared them last night and yes its immediately a huge difference in mixing. KNY was super clean, it worked for that album but Gore has such a raw punch, i agree with you saying it reminds you of ATF. The mixing definitely has that same dirty feel to it, especially in the guitar tone.

The guitars and drums just have the same tone as ATF. Are we crazy or do more people hear it. Its definitely the best sound for deftones imo compared to the muddy ST, terrible produced SNW and too clean KNY

GR1X7S

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 10:30 AM
So is there a reason people decided to just give the whole world access to that FLAC? Thought we didnt want to go that route. Ballz you were right, it wasnt going to stay in SL only lol

It's so goddamm disappointing though. It didn't seem to go out to that many people but somebody had to spread it around

gwenudo

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 06, 2016, 10:36 AM

It's so goddamm disappointing though. It didn't seem to go out to thy many people but somebody had to spread it around

It takes one fuck to fuck it up. Woke up and saw it all over fb and reddit
Was it like it seemed?...

CarloDefDonno

All the world except for me.  :'(

Moz

It's so goddamm disappointing though. It didn't seem to go out to thy many people but somebody had to spread it around

Yeah well its expected. You cant keep down a leak its just impossible and else people would have gotten a leak friday.

GR1X7S

Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 10:36 AM
Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 06, 2016, 10:25 AM

The guitars and drums just have the same tone as ATF. Are we crazy or do more people hear it. Its definitely the best sound for deftones imo compared to the muddy ST, terrible produced SNW and too clean KNY
No it's evident..i mean taste in production style is subjective but Deftones have always sounded better with some balls behind the instrumentals. Aggressive and murky are two different things lol

GR1X7S

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 10:37 AM

It takes one fuck to fuck it up. Woke up and saw it all over fb and reddit
People have been filling my inbox all night it seems. People have literally been begging all night

GR1X7S

Anyways BallZ, 77 and Ves came through for us and I really appreciate it..
it felt exclusive and special for a few hours and i was stoked lol

Diplo

I've got a e-mail from Amazon, my CD "have been shipped".
I have a Premium account so the orders arrive the next day normally