Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonota

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Apr 06, 2016, 10:37 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 10:30 AM
So is there a reason people decided to just give the whole world access to that FLAC? Thought we didnt want to go that route. Ballz you were right, it wasnt going to stay in SL only lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the world except for me.  :'(

You are not alone.

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: Sonota on Apr 06, 2016, 10:55 AM
Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Apr 06, 2016, 10:37 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 10:30 AM
So is there a reason people decided to just give the whole world access to that FLAC? Thought we didnt want to go that route. Ballz you were right, it wasnt going to stay in SL only lol

All the world except for me.  :'(

You are not alone.
I really don't wanna have to join fucking reddit

gwenudo

Honestly guys youre going to have better luck getting it from other websites, preferably a download link. The links we have are download links exactly, theyre Mega and Google Drive folders. Some of us really dont want to share that kind of info with others, its not a sendspace link or zippy, its coming from our person Megas and Drives
Was it like it seemed?...

neirda

Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 10:36 AM
Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 06, 2016, 10:25 AM
Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 10:09 AM
Thanks Jerry :)

Sorry if I come off too happy, but funny thing just happened: my iphone played swerve city after the ending of gore on my deftones playlist just now and daaaamn what a difference. KNY sounds so flat compared to Gore. Not talking about the melodies, strictly production. The drums on Gore are MUCH clearer, guitars also better, bass isn't even a contest. Wow.
I compared them last night and yes its immediately a huge difference in mixing. KNY was super clean, it worked for that album but Gore has such a raw punch, i agree with you saying it reminds you of ATF. The mixing definitely has that same dirty feel to it, especially in the guitar tone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The guitars and drums just have the same tone as ATF. Are we crazy or do more people hear it. Its definitely the best sound for deftones imo compared to the muddy ST, terrible produced SNW and too clean KNY

Gore's sure better than DE and SNW production Wise. Royal was absolutely aweful, I can't even hear the drums on this one.

GR1X7S

Yup that's how it went down. It's not always as simple as just clicking on a zippyshare.

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 11:05 AM
Honestly guys youre going to have better luck getting it from other websites, preferably a download link. The links we have are download links exactly, theyre Mega and Google Drive folders. Some of us really dont want to share that kind of info with others, its not a sendspace link or zippy, its coming from our person Megas and Drives
I was given the vinyl rip as soon as it was available. I don't get the meaning of all this distrust.

GR1X7S

It's up to 81 on metacritic. So it's actually second behind Koi No Yokan. Doesn't matter really but it's nice to see Deftones albums being well received by critics. For the most part they always have.

mono

Well, after almost 12 hours from the new flac and a few listens...shit, GORE will go up on my album ranking. Not a huge fan of DE or KNY, but I feel this is a change in the game(a good one).
Thanks to all the bandits here, LOL.

RaptureWS

Could be a few reasons why it got leaked out. There very well could be someone on this board that posts a lot and has for years that got access, but secretly enjoys being the one to leak it and has different opinions on album/file sharing in general. Or it could be someone that feels bad for the newer members and their story about why they reaalllyy want it. All it takes is one single person person with the opinion of "Fuck it, it's gonna be out there soon anyways and if it's not me it will be someone else in a few hours/days" which is true, but that's beside the point. I am sure that almost all of us are good, honest people that are true to our word but I mean......this is the internet lol. At least we know a handful of us were literally the first people outside of the press to hear this album in general, and then again in high quality. Likely millions of people will hear this album when all is said and done and we were within the first hundred or so to do so. As much as it sucks it got out (both times) it started with US, in particular the few kinds souls that did the initial sharing.

Personally, these last few days have been AWESOME for me. The excitement of waiting, the drama of "are we getting it??", discussing what it will sound like and then discussing what it does sound like with some of the most hardcore Deftones fans in the world, the sharing and sense of community and then finally hearing the album. A lot of us were listening to it at the exact same time, together in a sense, while thousands upon thousands of people were still anxiously awaiting.......it feels pretty special, especially since the album is fucking dope.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

3004pd

pinata89

Sorry if I come off too happy, but funny thing just happened: my iphone played swerve city after the ending of gore on my deftones playlist just now and daaaamn what a difference. KNY sounds so flat compared to Gore. Not talking about the melodies, strictly production. The drums on Gore are MUCH clearer, guitars also better, bass isn't even a contest. Wow.
I compared them last night and yes its immediately a huge difference in mixing. KNY was super clean, it worked for that album but Gore has such a raw punch, i agree with you saying it reminds you of ATF. The mixing definitely has that same dirty feel to it, especially in the guitar tone.

KNY had pristine mixing? I can't even hear the bass at the end of WHTY and the guitar in Poltergeist makes my ears bleed. I feel like it's super compressed. Maybe just me, but not a fan of any mix since Terry Date quit mixing. But luckily, he supposedly did some work for Gore. Can't wait to read liner notes!

sharinglungs

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 06, 2016, 11:38 AM

KNY had pristine mixing? I can't even hear the bass at the end of WHTY and the guitar in Poltergeist makes my ears bleed. I feel like it's super compressed. Maybe just me, but not a fan of any mix since Terry Date quit mixing. But luckily, he supposedly did some work for Gore. Can't wait to read liner notes!

according to ves. He worked on Gore on Gore...

ANattyRat

Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 10:36 AM

The guitars and drums just have the same tone as ATF. Are we crazy or do more people hear it. Its definitely the best sound for deftones imo compared to the muddy ST, terrible produced SNW and too clean KNY

Sometimes I wonder if I have weird hearing problems or something, because I swear, I barely ever notice a difference in production and stuff like that. I mean, I can hear the difference between the vinyl rip and this one, obviously, but...between Gore and the last few albums? Nope. But maybe it's not a hearing problem, maybe I'm just oblivious to it because I don't know what I'm supposed to be noticing a difference in.

Funny, the link I got sent when I asked for a PM was indeed to zippyshare.

So when this higher quality leak appeared, was it from someone on this forum again, and then someone sent it to someone new, who uploaded it elsewhere on the Internet like the vinyl rip?

RaptureWS

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 06, 2016, 11:20 AM
It's up to 81 on metacritic. So it's actually second behind Koi No Yokan. Doesn't matter really but it's nice to see Deftones albums being well received by critics. For the most part they always have.

It is nice I agree. They deserve it.

Somewhat related thought.......I always thought the Grammy they won for "Elite" was more of a gesture of acknowledging the greatness of the album rather than just that track. I mean.....Elite (imo) is one of the weakest tracks on WP and is the ONLY track that could have been in that category. Well maybe Korea too but still. There is no way something like the Grammys was going to nominate WP for AOTY or Rock AOTY when they were still largely perceived as rap/nu metal. The album was so diverse and ahead of it's time though that they thought "Fuck, we have to acknowledge this somehow." Just my two cents.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

gwenudo

Is there anybody around here that will see deftones soon? Maybe get a chance to see them and talk to them? If so, could you please ask if terry date really did put his hands on this? And if so which tracks?

Was it like it seemed?...

ConcealingFate92

Good morning guys... Been searching for a new job since yesterday, but i heared that maybe Terry Date did some magic on Gore. It is true?
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

Whitest Pony

Hey boys, swing a link this way please.

Cheers from Australia

xbloodycape

Sorry if I'm really late to the party, was working late last night and went straight to bed. Could someone pm or email me the HQ version? Sick of this vinyl rip - it was awesome for a first listen but not for my tenth, eleventh etc.

qschurman@gmail.com

Thanks so much

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

2MoreHours

So I started off listening to Rubicon (again).  This time I listened in my jeep with a nice sound system.  Has the production of that song been discussed here?  I really like it but the instruments sound kind of muddy to me.  Chino sounds fine and I really like the song.  I just don't like the clarity.  Maybe I just need to adjust my stereo.

Vesanic

No I'm with you. Stumbling upon the FLAC I was convinced Rubicon would be way fuller. That being said this prod puts in perspective the slightly shoegaze-y aspect of the song I think.