Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2MoreHours

Looks like Chino aka tokyodrifter has been lurking and reading the good news today.  Hi Chino!  Can't wait to buy your album Friday.  8)

mono

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 06, 2016, 02:32 PM
Looks like Chino aka tokyodrifter has been lurking and reading the good news today.  Hi Chino!  Can't wait to buy your album Friday.  8)

I saw that too. Anyway, sharing leaks doesn't sound thaaat bad HAHA

gwenudo

Does it show hes on? Lol hi chino, bore my kids
Was it like it seemed?...

B_S_79

Doomed User is probably my least favorite song on the album, but the bass sounds absolutely amazing when I listen to my HQ version of it. It's massive. I can't wear to hear the entire album in HQ. At this point, I'll wait until they send me my digital copy.

Damn vinyl hasn't even shipped yet. 

Freedomsoldier17

i stalked the profile and it says the account was last active last night

i wouldn't be so sure it's chino though...pretty sure he said he didn't like reading online stuff about his band

Penicks

Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 06, 2016, 02:02 PM

In case everyone is sick of having to beg the elitist assholes with superiority complexes, there is a V0 CD rip on a certain kickass torrent site, and from what I can tell it is superior to the 320 rip.

how do you tell? sounds exactly the same on my headphones

mono

Quote from: B_S_79 on Apr 06, 2016, 02:40 PM
Doomed User is probably my least favorite song on the album, but the bass sounds absolutely amazing when I listen to my HQ version of it. It's massive. I can't wear to hear the entire album in HQ. At this point, I'll wait until they send me my digital copy.
Damn vinyl hasn't even shipped yet. 

Same feeling here with doomed, the least of the entire album (by now) for me.
Still waiting for the vinyl shipping notification :/

2MoreHours

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 02:38 PM
Does it show hes on? Lol hi chino, bore my kids

If you click on his profile it shows the last time he was on.  Today at 04:10 AM.  I've been stalking his profile everyday and last time he was on before today was the day the vinyl leaked. lol

ANattyRat

My friend doesn't like the new album, says it's too noisy. I'm not entirely sure what he means like that, since he listens to various kinds of metal. But needless to say, I need a new friend who can enjoy Deftones as much as I do.

LG95

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 06, 2016, 02:52 PM
My friend doesn't like the new album, says it's too noisy. I'm not entirely sure what he means like that, since he listens to various kinds of metal. But needless to say, I need a new friend who can enjoy Deftones as much as I do.
It's the worst thing when you have a friend who seemingly should like Deftones but doesn't. You just have to pick better friends.
I could float here forever

mono

Maybe is talking about the mix of the album instead of the distorsion or something. The mixing of gore is different than DE or KNY, maybe darker.

ANattyRat

Quote from: mono on Apr 06, 2016, 02:54 PM

Maybe is talking about the mix of the album instead of the distorsion or something. The mixing of gore is different than DE or KNY, maybe darker.

Yeah he is. Has a more raw sound that he finds grating, which I guess I can understand, since a lot of people do prefer the cleaner sound of the last two albums. Not most Deftones fans do though, since everyone here has been praying for Terry to come back, haha.

Lurid Vega

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 06, 2016, 02:25 PM
Thanks guys. And what was it about that "Crest" song? Was it that studio loop they had on their site like a year ago?
Ves, I have a couple of those clips. I can send to you when I get out of work

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

RaptureWS

Minor spoiler alert maybe in regards to album booklet inc........

Chino thanks his manager for "believing in my vision and helping me see it through." I wonder what "vision" he means? Probably just has to do with all the different projects he is involved with but Chino talks about those projects like they just kind of found him and it happened and not like he had a "vision" to be in 4 groups.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

blondie

it's blondie and i need pms with links in them. if not, then i hate you too.

lahemi

Hm. It's okay, I guess. It is a good album, it sounds and feels cohesive, has a couple of good songs and beautiful lyrics, but overall it has more filler than standout tracks. For me that is, and on the second listen. Some tracks I just don't feel like I will have the urge to listen to again, ever. Those tracks sound just bland and boring to me.
I like that they did something new, it most certainly sounds und feels fresh, but to me it's far from being a Deftones album I wished for.
White Pony and the selftitled are my untouchable classics from them, ATF and KNY not close behind, but Gore struggles to surpass DE and even SNW for me. For now of course.

WithoutMyJade

I'm sure that this may have been discussed at length throughout the last hundred or so pages, but one thing that really surprises me is the varied response to the album. Honestly, for the most part, you guys are loving this album well more than I expected. But a few friends of mine who have heard it are very split on the album. One of them absolutely adores it, while the other, a fan since the beginning that has listened to every album released with me, is calling it boring. What I'm wondering is whether or not the album is universally good because it is just good music, and it's as simple as that, or if it is the experience/emotional connection that it provides the listener? Like, is it really possible, after eight albums of material, that there could be such a rift between listeners  where something that is dull and boring to one individual is breathtaking end game-changing for another?

Just something that I noticed that surprised me. I'd like to hear your opinions, as I have yet to listen to it but, depending on the events of today, I may crack and listen.
Oz... if you come within 25 miles of my house, I will back a car over your head 75 times.

phil for real

I guess to some people the album isn't "br00tal" enough lolol.

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: WithoutMyJade on Apr 06, 2016, 03:25 PM
Like, is it really possible, after eight albums of material, that there could be such a rift between listeners  where something that is dull and boring to one individual is breathtaking end game-changing for another?

yes, they called groupies.

glassJAw78

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittura_infamante

Thought this was interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk