Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DubStyleeCA

Loving this 320 version, it's keeping me sane until I can download my pre-order on Friday.

Who has the FLAC they can PM please?

Much appreciated.

DubStyleeCA

Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 05:35 PM
This album is a stone-cold masterpiece

I feel its the best since WP, but time will tell.  I would be surprised if that changes as it sinks in...

BlackDiamondSkye

lol I wish they were touring Ontario, I'd gladly throw them money several times a year to see them live. As it stands now I have the iTunes album pre-ordered and I'll more than likely at least buy the CD lol since I've collected all of those so far anyways.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 06, 2016, 05:21 PM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 06, 2016, 05:10 PM
Quote from: Capt Snow on Apr 06, 2016, 05:08 PM
Quote from: jlaggot on Apr 06, 2016, 04:54 PM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 06, 2016, 04:09 PM
Yeah I'm completely fine w the direction they're going.  I've always wanted them to do a very mellow spacey album full of songs like Digital Bath, Rx Queen, Sextape, Rosemary, Hearts/Wires, etc.  Would love that.

This. The best stuff they've written since S/T has been the moody songs. Hell the only good songs off of SNW were the soft ones (Cherry Waves, Beware, Xerces). Sure they've had a few good bangers since then like Rocket Skates, Royal, or Poltergeist but they're very few and far between.

An album with the passion/atmosphere/sexiness of songs like Smile, Sextape, Rosemary, Hearts/Wires, Cherry Waves, etc would probably end up being my favorite of theirs of all time.

Dude you don't know what you are talking about, RATS and Rapture are amazing songs.

I hate the way those songs are produced.  Horrible.  I love the verses in Rats.  Would have been a much better song if they would have stayed w the dreamy sounds they captured on the verses, but the screaming parts just don't really do it for me.

I love Rats and Rapture too.  They are just so heavy and almost make me feel like I'm about to go insane.  They pretty much touch on every point on the emotional spectrum which few bands do.

And the best songs on SNW for me are mixed.  Some of the heavy ones are on the very top, like Rats, Kimdracula, Combat, and Rapture.  They're the best songs on SNW for me.  After that usually comes the more mellow ones, like Riviere, Xerces, HITE, etc.  But they're all good to me, SNW is my second favorite Deftones album after S/T..  So whatever.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

teamsleep_28

My ranking:

Rubicon
Hearts and Wires
Acid Hologram
(L)MIRL
Prayers/Triangles
Doomed User
Gore
Pittura Infamante
Phantom Bride
Geometric Headdress
Xenon

2MoreHours

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 06, 2016, 05:39 PM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 06, 2016, 05:21 PM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 06, 2016, 05:10 PM
Quote from: Capt Snow on Apr 06, 2016, 05:08 PM
Quote from: jlaggot on Apr 06, 2016, 04:54 PM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 06, 2016, 04:09 PM
Yeah I'm completely fine w the direction they're going.  I've always wanted them to do a very mellow spacey album full of songs like Digital Bath, Rx Queen, Sextape, Rosemary, Hearts/Wires, etc.  Would love that.

This. The best stuff they've written since S/T has been the moody songs. Hell the only good songs off of SNW were the soft ones (Cherry Waves, Beware, Xerces). Sure they've had a few good bangers since then like Rocket Skates, Royal, or Poltergeist but they're very few and far between.

An album with the passion/atmosphere/sexiness of songs like Smile, Sextape, Rosemary, Hearts/Wires, Cherry Waves, etc would probably end up being my favorite of theirs of all time.

Dude you don't know what you are talking about, RATS and Rapture are amazing songs.

I hate the way those songs are produced.  Horrible.  I love the verses in Rats.  Would have been a much better song if they would have stayed w the dreamy sounds they captured on the verses, but the screaming parts just don't really do it for me.

I love Rats and Rapture too.  They are just so heavy and almost make me feel like I'm about to go insane.  They pretty much touch on every point on the emotional spectrum which few bands do.

And the best songs on SNW for me are mixed.  Some of the heavy ones are on the very top, like Rats, Kimdracula, Combat, and Rapture.  They're the best songs on SNW for me.  After that usually comes the more mellow ones, like Riviere, Xerces, HITE, etc.  But they're all good to me, SNW is my second favorite Deftones album after S/T..  So whatever.

Totally with you on SNW.  That album has the heavy heavy and the soft stuff like Cherry Waves and Riviere.  It is my second favorite album after White Pony and some days I think it's actually my favorite.

kleptoned

LMIRL is so evil sounding in the beginning lightens up then back to pure evil.... The entire album comes off as dark and depressing to me like no other.

ANattyRat

Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 05:06 PM
And godDAMNNN Sergio on Xenon....

I love Frank's effects during the chorus of Xenon, it's perfect. Also love Sergio on Geometric Headdress.

all3n_y

After 3 listens.. My ranking right now is:

Acid Hologram
Rubicon
Gore
PT
Xenon
Geometric Headdress
Doomed User
Phantom Bride
LMIRL
H/W
PITTURA

But that doesn't mean I dislike any of them. They're all great and I'm looking forward to seeing how this list changes after repeated listens.

kleptoned

After 387 listens. It goes a little something like this

1.Geometric Headress
2.(L)MIRL
3.Hearts/Wires
4.Pittura Infamante
5.Rubicon
6.Phantom Bride
7.Gore
8.Acid Hologram
9.Doomed User
10.Prayers/Triangles
11.Xenon

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: kleptoned on Apr 06, 2016, 05:56 PM

1.Geometric Headress
2.(L)MIRL
3.Hearts/Wires
4.Pittura Infamante
5.Rubicon
6.Phantom Bride
7.Gore
8.Acid Hologram
9.Doomed User
10.Prayers/Triangles
11.Xenon

holy crap man are you serious

MammothSound

Does anyone else get a Jesu vibe from Acid Hologram?

kleptoned

Maybe not that many but its been alot. An amazing record in my opinion...Blown away by the way they still do this year after year for 20 years. Not many if any bands can say they do that. Amazing

gwenudo

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 06, 2016, 06:08 PM

1.Geometric Headress
2.(L)MIRL
3.Hearts/Wires
4.Pittura Infamante
5.Rubicon
6.Phantom Bride
7.Gore
8.Acid Hologram
9.Doomed User
10.Prayers/Triangles
11.Xenon

Geo is no joke man, same with (L) .. You just gotta appreciate both tracks more for what they are
Was it like it seemed?...

boredpassenger

Geometric Headdress is one of the best songs they've done. It's insanely good. Instant favorite.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 06:14 PM

1.Geometric Headress
2.(L)MIRL
3.Hearts/Wires
4.Pittura Infamante
5.Rubicon
6.Phantom Bride
7.Gore
8.Acid Hologram
9.Doomed User
10.Prayers/Triangles
11.Xenon

Geo is no joke man, same with (L) .. You just gotta appreciate both tracks more for what they are

No I agree some there's some amazing songs on there...just for me I'm trying to limit myself because I tend to grow accustomed to the music after a while. Like I said earlier, that feeling of listening to an amazing song for the first couple times, absolutely indescribable.

speaking of would someone mind PMing me a link to the 320? I tried asking yesterday but the thread was so active my request kept getting buried. And yes, I'm still purchasing the album in full. Thanks guys

blondie

i don't get all the hate on pittura. it fits snuggly in the flow of the entire album.

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 06:14 PM

1.Geometric Headress
2.(L)MIRL
3.Hearts/Wires
4.Pittura Infamante
5.Rubicon
6.Phantom Bride
7.Gore
8.Acid Hologram
9.Doomed User
10.Prayers/Triangles
11.Xenon

Geometric Headdress is one of my favourites. I can't recall what any reviews said about it (if anything), but seems like it managed to sneak under the radar and take us by surprise, for most of us who really love it. Wasn't one of the 'big' ones we were anticipating, like Phantom Bride or Gore (the song).

Also Gwenudo, you were so right about (L)MIRL, man. One of my favourites, too. Hypnotic and sinister as hell.

Mike_Patton916

I would Love the FLAC version and or 320. I'm still stuck listening to it on the crappy version. If anyone could PM me, I would love my fellow Deftones fan.

phil for real

Ok, where would you guys rank Gore?