Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blondie

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 06, 2016, 08:41 PM
Lack of Adrenaline appreciation on this board is sad. You guys don't like post-hardcore? Adrenaline is right up there with the classics of Quicksand and Helmet.

it's not their fault; most of the dinks here became fans after snw.

ghettovaquero

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 08:39 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:33 PM
lol @ qwenudo's logic:

dood, jerry cantrell makes an appearance on phantom bride. it has alice in chains influence all over it!!!

DERRR...
When did i say that? I have never said that nor have i ever said phantom bride, or even the album as a whole, have a alice in chains influence lol. Calm yo tits
Gwen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gwenudo

Blondie has it in for us rocks lol hes trying too hard to make us look like fools lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

gwenudo

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 06, 2016, 08:44 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 08:39 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:33 PM
lol @ qwenudo's logic:

dood, jerry cantrell makes an appearance on phantom bride. it has alice in chains influence all over it!!!

DERRR...
When did i say that? I have never said that nor have i ever said phantom bride, or even the album as a whole, have a alice in chains influence lol. Calm yo tits
Gwen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Que paso amigo

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 08:44 PM
Blondie has it in for us rocks lol hes trying too hard to make us look like fools lol

Yes, trying very very hard.  In the process, however, he's making me wonder if he has some sort of mental handicap.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

blondie

lol @  illthrowROCKS@U's logic:

dood, i think this $5 bill is better than this $1 bill. imho...

DERRR...

gwenudo

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 06, 2016, 08:45 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 08:44 PM

Yes, trying very very hard.  In the process, however, he's making me wonder if he has some sort of mental handicap.
I think he does but id rather not ask him... Not cool to ask a special kid if he knows if hes special ..

illthrowROCKS@U

I...  I......  I just can't anymore.  I don't understand how these very basic concepts can be this difficult to grasp.

Back to work, I guess.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

blondie

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 06, 2016, 08:47 PM
I...  I......  I just can't anymore.  I don't understand how these very basic concepts can be this difficult to grasp.

Back to work, I guess.

you compare something that's executed at the same level. gore is not executed at the same level as adrenaline. how is this not computing? you compare this execution to something that is in its very close vicinity; something like kny or diamond eyes. it's like comparing an FPS game to a racing one. it's not the same style whatsoever. this is why no one is gauging b-sides and rarities to ANYTHING, even though it's a collection of songs compiled in a record. it's not the same execution.

get your shit together, people!

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:57 PM

Back to work, I guess.

you compare something that's executed at the same level. gore is not executed at the same level as adrenaline. how is this not computing? you compare this execution to something that is in its very close vicinity; something like kny or diamond eyes. it's like comparing an FPS game to a racing one. it's not the same style whatsoever. this is why no one is gauging b-sides and rarities to ANYTHING, even though it's a collection of songs compiled in a record. it's not the same execution.

I can compare a specific FPS to a specific racing game.  I can compare a $5 bill to a $1 bill.  The comparisons are easy.  You're narrowing your definition of the word comparison to suit your argument.  They don't have to be exactly the same.  I'm hoping you've realized your gaffe and are simply hard headed and continuing the argument in an attempt to save face.

You can compare Gore to Adrenaline.  Look, here it is ----> I like Gore better.  I've listened to Adrenaline and Gore.  I think Gore sounds better than Adrenaline.  I think Adrenaline doesn't sound as good as Gore.

See how easy that was?
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

mono

ATF
S/T
WP
Gore
Adrenaline
SNW
DE
KNY

Maybe 10 or 15 years ago Adrenaline was my n°1, but time can change things :)

King Leer

blondie

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 06, 2016, 09:01 PM

Back to work, I guess.

I can compare a specific FPS to a specific racing game.  I can compare a $5 bill to a $1 bill.  The comparisons are easy.  You're narrowing your definition of the word comparison to suit your argument.  They don't have to be exactly the same.  I'm hoping you've realized your gaffe and are simply hard headed and continuing the argument to save face.

You can compare Gore to Adrenaline.  Look, here it is ----> I like Gore better.  I've listened to Adrenaline and Gore.  I think Gore sounds better than Adrenaline.  I think Adrenaline doesn't sound as good as Gore.

See how easy that was?

i'm not talking about what you like better. i'm talking about dolts who put down albums like adrenaline because they think gore or snw is actually better. not by opinion or personal taste, but in execution. you can like whatever the fuck...so can everyone...who gives a shit? my point is don't make an argument on how gore or anything they did in the last 10 years is technically better than something they did 20 years ago.

ClevelandCaliRyder

Lack of Adrenaline appreciation on this board is sad. You guys don't like post-hardcore? Adrenaline is right up there with the classics of Quicksand and Helmet.

wow, people have opinions? golly gee that's news to me.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 06, 2016, 08:33 PM
Anyone who thinks White Pony is too commercial is a full-on moron.

white pony was and is deftones peak, a challenging but beautiful album.  I remember the Select review that gave it one star - you wouldn't get that now because deftones seem to be seeking out the safer middle ground, rather than asking questions.

Can you imagine the label demanding a new song off DE, KNY or Gore to be commissioned because their were no radio friendly hits on it? not possible as deftones work is leaning more towards a more vanilla and well trodden form of song writing.

gwenudo

Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Apr 06, 2016, 09:12 PM

Its either their way or the highway for them.. Anything that doesnt correspond to their likes are assholes apparently

LG95

Adrenaline is great and Gore is great.
I could float here forever

blondie

Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Apr 06, 2016, 09:12 PM

this comment is so wise and inspiring!!!

gwenudo

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 06, 2016, 09:14 PM
Adrenaline is great and Gore is great.
Thank you

ClevelandCaliRyder

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 09:07 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 06, 2016, 09:01 PM

Back to work, I guess.

I can compare a specific FPS to a specific racing game.  I can compare a $5 bill to a $1 bill.  The comparisons are easy.  You're narrowing your definition of the word comparison to suit your argument.  They don't have to be exactly the same.  I'm hoping you've realized your gaffe and are simply hard headed and continuing the argument to save face.

See how easy that was?

i'm not talking about what you like better. i'm talking about dolts who put down albums like adrenaline because they think gore or snw is actually better. not by opinion or personal taste, but in execution. you can like whatever the fuck...so can everyone...who gives a shit? my point is don't make an argument on how gore or anything they did in the last 10 years is technically better than something they did 20 years ago.

you do, apparently.