Adrenaline is great and Gore is great.

thank you.

closing this thread now.

Was it like it seemed?...

blondie

Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Apr 06, 2016, 09:15 PM
you do, apparently.

i'm defending adrenaline's good name.

are you into sudoku and enjoy plain flavored ice cream?

2MoreHours

You ever think members of the band lurk here and think "what the fuck is wrong with these people?"

gwenudo

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 06, 2016, 09:20 PM
You ever think members of the band lurk here and think "what the fuck is wrong with these people?"
Everytime somebody posts i think of that, they might think im a weirdo lol

YouWOuldKnow

Around the Fur
Adrenaline
White Pony
Gore
S/T
Diamond Eyes
Koi No Yokan

Saturday Night Wrist

blondie

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 06, 2016, 09:20 PM

shh, you'll reveal my identity.

YouWOuldKnow

You can't really compare any of their records because they're all so different, but I do see correlations between Gore and White Pony in that they both are blazing new ground for the band. I remember being so pumped for Around the Fur and had my expectations exceeded because it was like Adrenaline, but harnessed and polished. Gore is what I wished White Pony sounded like at the time.

77years

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 06, 2016, 08:41 PM
Lack of Adrenaline appreciation on this board is sad. You guys don't like post-hardcore? Adrenaline is right up there with the classics of Quicksand and Helmet.

I loved it in 1995 man. I just don't sit around listening to Jawbox & Sunny Day Real Estate anymore. It's OK to grow

luisch

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:12 PM
Quote from: luisch on Apr 06, 2016, 08:07 PM
White Pony
Deftones
Gore
Saturday Night Wrist
Koi No Yokan
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Adrenaline

read my comment above about ranking albums. that way, it doesn't look ridiculous ranking gore above adrenaline...

...lol srsly?

Yup, I read your comment about ranking albums... so what? Is my opinion, non yours.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

77years

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:44 PM
Lack of Adrenaline appreciation on this board is sad. You guys don't like post-hardcore? Adrenaline is right up there with the classics of Quicksand and Helmet.

it's not their fault; most of the dinks here became fans after snw.

5FDP is touring brah

gwenudo

Quote from: luisch on Apr 06, 2016, 09:34 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:12 PM
Quote from: luisch on Apr 06, 2016, 08:07 PM
White Pony
Deftones
Gore
Saturday Night Wrist
Koi No Yokan
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Adrenaline

read my comment above about ranking albums. that way, it doesn't look ridiculous ranking gore above adrenaline...

...lol srsly?

Yup, I read your comment about ranking albums... so what? Is my opinion, non yours.
DAAAAAAAAAAAMMNNNNNN

YouWOuldKnow

Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 09:33 PM

I loved it in 1995 man. I just don't sit around listening to Jawbox & Sunny Day Real Estate anymore. It's OK to grow

Can we talk about how rad Sunny Day and Jawbox are though?

gwenudo

Quote from: YouWOuldKnow on Apr 06, 2016, 09:37 PM

In the bullshit thread

kurtone

Is this a Gore or Adrenaline thread? I can't tell anymore

YouWOuldKnow

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 09:39 PM

Ouch

In the bullshit thread

BobArmpit

Balls poop fart crotch anus

77years

I was at the first Jawbox show. The generator ran out of gas and the show ended after 6 songs. BBQ Iguana, a club that was actually an abandoned house.

AJPV24

ATF
WP
Gore
KNY
DE
S/T
SNW
Adrenaline

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 09:07 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 06, 2016, 09:01 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:57 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 06, 2016, 08:47 PM
I...  I......  I just can't anymore.  I don't understand how these very basic concepts can be this difficult to grasp.

Back to work, I guess.

you compare something that's executed at the same level. gore is not executed at the same level as adrenaline. how is this not computing? you compare this execution to something that is in its very close vicinity; something like kny or diamond eyes. it's like comparing an FPS game to a racing one. it's not the same style whatsoever. this is why no one is gauging b-sides and rarities to ANYTHING, even though it's a collection of songs compiled in a record. it's not the same execution.

get your shit together, people!

I can compare a specific FPS to a specific racing game.  I can compare a $5 bill to a $1 bill.  The comparisons are easy.  You're narrowing your definition of the word comparison to suit your argument.  They don't have to be exactly the same.  I'm hoping you've realized your gaffe and are simply hard headed and continuing the argument to save face.

You can compare Gore to Adrenaline.  Look, here it is ----> I like Gore better.  I've listened to Adrenaline and Gore.  I think Gore sounds better than Adrenaline.  I think Adrenaline doesn't sound as good as Gore.

See how easy that was?

i'm not talking about what you like better. i'm talking about dolts who put down albums like adrenaline because they think gore or snw is actually better. not by opinion or personal taste, but in execution. you can like whatever the fuck...so can everyone...who gives a shit? my point is don't make an argument on how gore or anything they did in the last 10 years is technically better than something they did 20 years ago.

Except, whether you'd like to admit it or not, you ARE talking about what I (or anyone else for that matter) like better.  For you to call people "dolts" because they don't like what you like, speaks volumes about your character.  If someone thinks SNW or Gore is better than adrenaline, then that's fine.  If someone thinks Adrenaline is better than those albums, then that's fine too.  How are you not getting this?  Why are you fighting other people so hard about their opinions on what they like best?  Why do you care so much?

It's ALL personal taste.  That's all anyone here is giving, their personal taste.  Where have you read that someone has said that objectively Gore is better than Adrenaline?  Nobody is speaking objectively, people are answering based on their subjective preferences.  Someone asked their rankings, and people gave their rankings.  Just because YOU don't like their answers, you want to complain and create all sorts of rules on what can and can't be compared.  Well, if YOU don't wish to compare their early work to their newer work, that's fine.  But for you to consider anyone who does compare them all "dolts" is just plain lame, man.  You seem like a very angry and controlling person.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem