Quote from: BobArmpit on Apr 06, 2016, 09:49 PM
Balls poop fart crotch anus

nice to read that.

YouWOuldKnow

Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 09:51 PM
Quote from: YouWOuldKnow on Apr 06, 2016, 09:37 PM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 09:33 PM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 06, 2016, 08:41 PM
Lack of Adrenaline appreciation on this board is sad. You guys don't like post-hardcore? Adrenaline is right up there with the classics of Quicksand and Helmet.

I loved it in 1995 man. I just don't sit around listening to Jawbox & Sunny Day Real Estate anymore. It's OK to grow

Can we talk about how rad Sunny Day and Jawbox are though?

I was at the first Jawbox show. The generator ran out of gas and the show ended after 6 songs. BBQ Iguana, a club that was actually an abandoned house.

That's fucking awesome! SO jealous... So how pumped were you to hear the Savory cover by Far/Deftones?

rainnyx4

Still love Jawbox and SDRE (and Adrenaline). No reason to grow out of something that's good. I mean, we're not talking about still liking Coal Chamber or something. You can just grow to appreciate other good stuff as well as forget about the shitty stuff.

77years

Quote from: YouWOuldKnow on Apr 06, 2016, 10:02 PM
Lack of Adrenaline appreciation on this board is sad. You guys don't like post-hardcore? Adrenaline is right up there with the classics of Quicksand and Helmet.

I loved it in 1995 man. I just don't sit around listening to Jawbox & Sunny Day Real Estate anymore. It's OK to grow

I was at the first Jawbox show. The generator ran out of gas and the show ended after 6 songs. BBQ Iguana, a club that was actually an abandoned house.

That's fucking awesome! SO jealous... So how pumped were you to hear the Savory cover by Far/Deftones?

Loved it.  Never suspected Chino was a fan. Dischord bands didn't "circulate" much besides Fugazi. And as far as Shudder to Think, people were just brutal to them outside DC. I mean fuckin brutal. DC bands didn't seem to make much sense outside the city for some reason.

And I like Grippe and so on - and I loved Adrenaline - but I'm just not as I to that stuff as I was anymore

Vesanic

"Your body aaaaches", Rubicon. Sounds like Battle-axe.

cvthedrv

hate the fuckers who despise adrenaline, hate the fuckers who love to death diamond eyes

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 06, 2016, 10:17 PM
"Your body aaaaches", Rubicon. Sounds like Battle-axe.

E-Money

Love how the guitars and Frank's keyboard part almost swirl together during the course of Rubicon. So unique sounding.

blondie

about to resume criticizing your rank lists.

prepare your anuses.

YouWOuldKnow

Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 10:16 PM

Loved it.  Never suspected Chino was a fan. Dischord bands didn't "circulate" much besides Fugazi. And as far as Shudder to Think, people were just brutal to them outside DC. I mean fuckin brutal. DC bands didn't seem to make much sense outside the city for some reason.

And I like Grippe and so on - and I loved Adrenaline - but I'm just not as I to that stuff as I was anymore

Yeah, it was crazy to see those bands cover a DC band, especially since that song was only a year or so old at the time. DC still doesn't get the respect that it deserves. On another random note, it blew my mind to see Deftones cover Drive Like Jehu, another favorite band of mine.

77years

Quote from: YouWOuldKnow on Apr 06, 2016, 10:28 PM

Yeah, it was crazy to see those bands cover a DC band, especially since that song was only a year or so old at the time. DC still doesn't get the respect that it deserves. On another random note, it blew my mind to see Deftones cover Drive Like Jehu, another favorite band of mine.

They were a great band. Missed them live back then

YouWOuldKnow

Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 10:30 PM
Quote from: YouWOuldKnow on Apr 06, 2016, 10:28 PM

They were a great band. Missed them live back then

Me either, but I have seen them 3 or 4 times since they started playing again and they're awesome. Great shows

nicklav

Been waiting to comment on anything concerning this album, but after a few listen I am absolutely loving it. Did away with everything I hated about KNY and even DE to some extent. Easily the best album of the new era.

blondie

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 06, 2016, 09:54 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 09:07 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 06, 2016, 09:01 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 08:57 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 06, 2016, 08:47 PM
I...  I......  I just can't anymore.  I don't understand how these very basic concepts can be this difficult to grasp.

Back to work, I guess.

you compare something that's executed at the same level. gore is not executed at the same level as adrenaline. how is this not computing? you compare this execution to something that is in its very close vicinity; something like kny or diamond eyes. it's like comparing an FPS game to a racing one. it's not the same style whatsoever. this is why no one is gauging b-sides and rarities to ANYTHING, even though it's a collection of songs compiled in a record. it's not the same execution.

get your shit together, people!

I can compare a specific FPS to a specific racing game.  I can compare a $5 bill to a $1 bill.  The comparisons are easy.  You're narrowing your definition of the word comparison to suit your argument.  They don't have to be exactly the same.  I'm hoping you've realized your gaffe and are simply hard headed and continuing the argument to save face.

You can compare Gore to Adrenaline.  Look, here it is ----> I like Gore better.  I've listened to Adrenaline and Gore.  I think Gore sounds better than Adrenaline.  I think Adrenaline doesn't sound as good as Gore.

See how easy that was?

i'm not talking about what you like better. i'm talking about dolts who put down albums like adrenaline because they think gore or snw is actually better. not by opinion or personal taste, but in execution. you can like whatever the fuck...so can everyone...who gives a shit? my point is don't make an argument on how gore or anything they did in the last 10 years is technically better than something they did 20 years ago.

Except, whether you'd like to admit it or not, you ARE talking about what I (or anyone else for that matter) like better.  For you to call people "dolts" because they don't like what you like, speaks volumes about your character.  If someone thinks SNW or Gore is better than adrenaline, then that's fine.  If someone thinks Adrenaline is better than those albums, then that's fine too.  How are you not getting this?  Why are you fighting other people so hard about their opinions on what they like best?  Why do you care so much?

It's ALL personal taste.  That's all anyone here is giving, their personal taste.  Where have you read that someone has said that objectively Gore is better than Adrenaline?  Nobody is speaking objectively, people are answering based on their subjective preferences.  Someone asked their rankings, and people gave their rankings.  Just because YOU don't like their answers, you want to complain and create all sorts of rules on what can and can't be compared.  Well, if YOU don't wish to compare their early work to their newer work, that's fine.  But for you to consider anyone who does compare them all "dolts" is just plain lame, man.  You seem like a very angry and controlling person.

yeah, you're finally fucking getting it!!! fuck everyone's thoughts except mine!!!

i love how everyone falls back on psychological evaluation when trying to come out as SwitzerlandMan during a simple clash of ideas and comments. talk about real lame. jesus christ...

let's just agree that you're right and i'm right, k? it was fun 'til you dr. phil'd the bitch out of it.

see you in the next one!

blondie

Quote from: nicklav on Apr 06, 2016, 10:38 PM
Did away with everything I hated about KNY and even DE to some extent.

You seem like a very angry and controlling person.

Havoc

Get autographed sleeve if you buy through Looney Tunes. Posted on their FB.

Sicario

;D
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

nicklav

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 10:40 PM
Quote from: nicklav on Apr 06, 2016, 10:38 PM
Did away with everything I hated about KNY and even DE to some extent.

You seem like a very angry and controlling person.

Haha, I don't know how you got that from a dozen or so words, but you are entitled to your opinion. I still really like those records, I just have issues with certain things.

gwenudo

That 2:24 section on Pittura is fucking amazing. Cant get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

nicklav

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 10:48 PM
That 2:24 section on Pittura is fucking amazing. Cant get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I played that back immediately the first time I heard it.