Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

invalidses

i read that as if your pouty cat avatar read it... in his voice...

gwenudo

Quote from: blondie on Apr 07, 2016, 12:21 AM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 12:09 AM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 07, 2016, 12:04 AM
Quote from: invalidses on Apr 07, 2016, 12:00 AM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 11:55 PM
remember back in the day when deftones' website linked this forum as their formal "community", but then took it down because we all leaked their shit? good times.

hahaha i remember i had white pony what seemed like 3 months before its release. the track listing was so wrong though. night rider! knife party at neeko's! hahaha!

still went out and bought a red and black copy.

in the white pony days, they had their own official forum. now that was a forum that knew how to have fun.
Cool go make one or something, doubt anybody will care if you leave lol

i'll leave only under the condition that you claim responsibility for hurting my feelings and running me off.
Ill do my best
Was it like it seemed?...

blondie

Quote from: invalidses on Apr 07, 2016, 12:22 AM

LOL!

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 12:22 AM
Ill do my best

kthxbai <3

gwenudo

Quote from: blondie on Apr 07, 2016, 12:23 AM
Quote from: invalidses on Apr 07, 2016, 12:22 AM

LOL!

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 12:22 AM
Ill do my best

kthxbai <3
Anythn 4 u bby

sooniletugo

I feel like saying hook me up, I've only listened to that vinyl rip, but I'll just wait til Friday now. Gonna go buy the CD and spin that bitch after work. Inhale that booklet. Usual process.

BallZDeeP

Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 11:25 PM
Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 06, 2016, 11:21 PM
Lemme rate..keep in mind i am older than 90% of you and my tastes have changed a lot more after my mid/late 30's and into my 40's again

WP
Gore
ATF
ST
DE
Adrenaline
KNY
SNW

I almost put Gore at the top only because it brings me back to a 90's/2000 era and i miss that chunk of time of my life. I used to be very picky with what I listened to and wasnt very open to new music..i would barely recommend anything to anyone, and kept it to myself.
I gave an old navy friend a taste of it thinking he wouldnt dig it because of his tastes and boy was I wrong. He feels the same way about the 90's vibe to it..pretty cool if i may say so

Anyways thats my 2 cents. Thanks

I'm older and I say SNW is awesome as fuck

But your list is pretty accurate

77 thats why i like you

cvthedrv

remember back in the day when deftones' website linked this forum as their formal "community", but then took it down because we all leaked their shit? good times.

hahaha i remember i had white pony what seemed like 3 months before its release. the track listing was so wrong though. night rider! knife party at neeko's! hahaha!

in the white pony days, they had their own official forum. now that was a forum that knew how to have fun.

i'll leave only under the condition that you claim responsibility for hurting my feelings and running me off.

those were the working titles for 2 songs, digital bath or feiticeira (dont remember) and the othe one is correct.

invalidses

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 07, 2016, 12:33 AM

those were the working titles for 2 songs, digital bath or feiticeira (dont remember) and the othe one is correct.

yup yup... i posted a pic of my copy a few posts back. complete with what was the alleged track list.

drove around with the disc on repeat for at least a year. this album gives me the same feelings.

ANattyRat

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 07:01 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 06:53 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 06:49 PM
i just hope stephen carpenter sticks around for it.
These comments are getting ridiculous. If you are asking yourself this, then you dont know this band at all.

you know this band so well, right? so you knew that stephen would have little to no input in this album, even before stephen knew, huh?

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 07:07 PM
stephen not leaving deftones is a business decision at this point. deftones is an established business that tours all over the world and makes hundreds of thousands of dollars. i'm sure he can do a lot worse if he left deftones to pursue his own musical happy-place.

edit: do a lot worse money-wise.*

"You know this band so well, right?" *Makes bigger statements about Stef staying for business decision*.

He stays because he wants to. This dude is not a sell-out, and Deftones aren't so popular that he's staying for the money. He's staying because these guys are some of his closest friends and he loves making music with them. He's been arguing with Chino over stuff since White Pony, but ta-da, he's still here. Stef, Chino, Abe and Sergio have all said, separately and together, that it's normal and it's not a big deal.

Oh, and Stef did have input on the album. The reason he had little input was because HE was taking too long to get interested, so the other guys had to come up with stuff without him because they couldn't wait around for him forever, they had music to make. He wasn't being pushed out or sidelined, he just, for some reason, wasn't excited until later on. Then he got into coming up with stuff, initiating ideas that were used on the album, and getting involved in stamping his own sound on the ideas the others had already come up with. And Hearts/Wires, the song he was the most uninspired about, ended up being one of his most enjoyable songs on the album.

Him staying in the band to make money is the most un-Stephen-like thing ever.

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 07, 2016, 12:38 AM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 07:01 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 06, 2016, 06:53 PM
Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 06:49 PM
i just hope stephen carpenter sticks around for it.
These comments are getting ridiculous. If you are asking yourself this, then you dont know this band at all.

you know this band so well, right? so you knew that stephen would have little to no input in this album, even before stephen knew, huh?

Quote from: blondie on Apr 06, 2016, 07:07 PM
stephen not leaving deftones is a business decision at this point. deftones is an established business that tours all over the world and makes hundreds of thousands of dollars. i'm sure he can do a lot worse if he left deftones to pursue his own musical happy-place.

edit: do a lot worse money-wise.*

"You know this band so well, right?" *Makes bigger statements about Stef staying for business decision*.

He stays because he wants to. This dude is not a sell-out, and Deftones aren't so popular that he's staying for the money. He's staying because these guys are some of his closest friends and he loves making music with them. He's been arguing with Chino over stuff since White Pony, but ta-da, he's still here. Stef, Chino, Abe and Sergio have all said, separately and together, that it's normal and it's not a big deal.

Oh, and Stef did have input on the album. The reason he had little input was because HE was taking too long to get interested, so the other guys had to come up with stuff without him because they couldn't wait around for him forever, they had music to make. He wasn't being pushed out or sidelined, he just, for some reason, wasn't excited until later on. Then he got into coming up with stuff, initiating ideas that were used on the album, and getting involved in stamping his own sound on the ideas the others had already come up with. And Hearts/Wires, the song he was the most uninspired about, ended up being one of his most enjoyable songs on the album.

Him staying in the band to make money is the most un-Stephen-like thing ever.
This. 1000000000x

77years

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 07, 2016, 12:25 AM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 11:25 PM
Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 06, 2016, 11:21 PM
Lemme rate..keep in mind i am older than 90% of you and my tastes have changed a lot more after my mid/late 30's and into my 40's again

WP
Gore
ATF
ST
DE
Adrenaline
KNY
SNW

I almost put Gore at the top only because it brings me back to a 90's/2000 era and i miss that chunk of time of my life. I used to be very picky with what I listened to and wasnt very open to new music..i would barely recommend anything to anyone, and kept it to myself.
I gave an old navy friend a taste of it thinking he wouldnt dig it because of his tastes and boy was I wrong. He feels the same way about the 90's vibe to it..pretty cool if i may say so

Anyways thats my 2 cents. Thanks

I'm older and I say SNW is awesome as fuck

But your list is pretty accurate

77 thats why i like you

Crazy frickin day man. Xenon on repeat.   Those drums...

Freedomsoldier17

Is it just me or is Hearts/Wires a teeny bit better at a lower quality? The atmosphere seems more fitting.

thetimeisdead

Quote from: invalidses on Apr 07, 2016, 12:09 AM
yup. still got it... hahahaha! memorieeeeeeees

That shit is priceless man

thetimeisdead

I remember one of my friends bought Pony the day it was released. I had no money and he recorded a copy on cassette for me. Those were the days

invalidses

can we all agree to buy this and get it to the top of the charts where it belongs?

lets give them what they deserve.

sharinglungs

since day 1

ToneDef

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 07, 2016, 12:43 AM
Is it just me or is Hearts/Wires a teeny bit better at a lower quality? The atmosphere seems more fitting.

I don't think so but that's an interesting point. When we first heard Beware it was a live version. Really rough with a different arrangement. I remember being blown away by it. The final version of the song is one of my least favourite tracks on SNW. It's way too clean, those fucking crickets, the effects on chinos voice, the bridge that was better as an instrumental.

Just listened to the CD rip of the new record and I love it. The vinyl rip scared the shit out of me but wow, the final version is absolutely superb. I'm very impressed.

77years

Cool thing about Gore CD: no advisory sticker.  Or a decal on the plastic either

YouWOuldKnow

Since we're sharing White Pony memories...

invalidses

very cool!!!!!