Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUMPKIN

Holy shit my sharinglungs account still exists!   What's up, fellow 'tones fans?  I was a regular on the deftonesworld boards way back in the early 2000's (goddamn I'm old), under the name adrenalinejunky.   It's been about 6 years or so since I've checked this site.  It's hard to believe I actually remembered my dumb ass username and associated password.  Nice to know the community of deftones fans remains strong. 

Today was my first chance to pick apart the HQ leak, and I am incredibly relieved.  That initial leak had me worried, considering the alleged production issues that caused the delay.  The CD rip sounds fantastic though.  Some thoughts:

--I can't get into P/T.  I've tried.  It's not a bad song, but it evokes little emotion from me.   It's one of their worst openers imo.  Thankfully, I'm a big fan of the other 10 tracks.

--I had trouble liking Doomed User at first.  The riff is great, but Chino's delivery initially felt awkward.  It's grown on me a lot and I really enjoy it now, but I still think it's the 2nd weakest track on the album.

--Gore is probably my favorite "heavy" Deftones song since Bloody Cape.  That ending is savage. 

--I absolutely love the direction they went with Pittura, Xenon, and (L)mirl.  Some of the guitar tones remind me of Siamese Dream era Pumpkins.  I'm all for Deftones continuing to explore this 90's space rock vibe in the future.

--All in all, I'm really digging Gore.  The songs are very different from one another, and memorable in their own ways.  I think it's a less cohesive album than DE and KNY, but I also think there's more variation and complexity here.  Gore will take a bit longer to digest than the last two, and I believe it will have more staying power as a result.   My early ranking would put it somewhere between the first four albums (I'm a nostalgic bitch) and the last three. 

gwenudo

Quote from: BLUMPKIN on Apr 07, 2016, 02:25 AM
Holy shit my sharinglungs account still exists!   What's up, fellow 'tones fans?  I was a regular on the deftonesworld boards way back in the early 2000's (goddamn I'm old), under the name adrenalinejunky.   It's been about 6 years or so since I've checked this site.  It's hard to believe I actually remembered my dumb ass username and associated password.  Nice to know the community of deftones fans remains strong. 

Today was my first chance to pick apart the HQ leak, and I am incredibly relieved.  That initial leak had me worried, considering the alleged production issues that caused the delay.  The CD rip sounds fantastic though.  Some thoughts:

--I can't get into P/T.  I've tried.  It's not a bad song, but it evokes little emotion from me.   It's one of their worst openers imo.  Thankfully, I'm a big fan of the other 10 tracks.

--I had trouble liking Doomed User at first.  The riff is great, but Chino's delivery initially felt awkward.  It's grown on me a lot and I really enjoy it now, but I still think it's the 2nd weakest track on the album.

--Gore is probably my favorite "heavy" Deftones song since Bloody Cape.  That ending is savage. 

--I absolutely love the direction they went with Pittura, Xenon, and (L)mirl.  Some of the guitar tones remind me of Siamese Dream era Pumpkins.  I'm all for Deftones continuing to explore this 90's space rock vibe in the future.

--All in all, I'm really digging Gore.  The songs are very different from one another, and memorable in their own ways.  I think it's a less cohesive album than DE and KNY, but I also think there's more variation and complexity here.  Gore will take a bit longer to digest than the last two, and I believe it will have more staying power as a result.   My early ranking would put it somewhere between the first four albums (I'm a nostalgic bitch) and the last three.
I only scanned through your paragraphs, but the only reason i got on was to make sure my eyes werent deceiving me, your name really is Blumpkin lmao jesus christ, that username
Was it like it seemed?...

BLUMPKIN

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 02:27 AM
Quote from: BLUMPKIN on Apr 07, 2016, 02:25 AM
I only scanned through your paragraphs, but the only reason i got on was to make sure my eyes werent deceiving me, your name really is Blumpkin lmao jesus christ, that username

2007 me thought that username was a great idea.  lmao!

bcoberly

24 hours since the high quality leak and my love for this album grow. P/T, Acid Hologram, Geometric Headdress, H/W, Phantom Bride and Rubicon alone make this my favorite album since S/T. I mean PB alone made me fucking tear up.

seasick

I can't believe I said Xenon and Pittura were my least favorites a few days ago. The high-quality rip changes everything. This album is blowing my mind. Sometimes it's like Chino is channeling Billy Corgan or something. I'm loving the song order too.

Mr Blonde

Just wanted to say, fuck this place, and the elitist douche bags on it.  I'm especially taking to you, Romain Coquette( Mr. Vesanique).  Your cover vids are good for a chuckle.  Anyways,  this place gives Deftones fans a bad name, and fuck you

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: bcoberly on Apr 07, 2016, 02:36 AM
24 hours since the high quality leak and my love for this album grow. P/T, Acid Hologram, Geometric Headdress, H/W, Phantom Bride and Rubicon alone make this my favorite album since S/T. I mean PB alone made me fucking tear up.

im listening to the hq phantom right now. it's raw in such a beautiful and mellow way. and i know DT fans may crucify me for saying this but it reminds me a bit of coldplay lol(when chino drops his vocals in the latter part of the chorus, makes me think of fix you). but thats a good thing for me, i liked coldplay a lot when i was little. i honestly think its the "sextape" of gore 8)

gwenudo

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 07, 2016, 02:39 AM
Just wanted to say, fuck this place, and the elitist douche bags on it.  I'm especially taking to you, Romain Coquette( Mr. Vesanique).  Your cover vids are good for a chuckle.  Anyways,  this place gives Deftones fans a bad name, and fuck you
Someone didnt get the leak....... Cant use google? I could literally type Deftones Gore 320 and find it within seconds.

seasick

Somebody needs to take a chill pill.

gwenudo

Quote from: seasick on Apr 07, 2016, 02:43 AM

Hes seasick.................

seasick

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 02:44 AM
Quote from: seasick on Apr 07, 2016, 02:43 AM

Hes seasick.................

;D

YouWOuldKnow

That last comma is so unnecessary

shoop

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 06, 2016, 03:43 AM
Big thanks.  Best Deftones fan site by a mile
What?

Lurid Vega

*talking ...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

gwenudo

Quote from: shoop on Apr 07, 2016, 02:50 AM
Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 06, 2016, 03:43 AM
Big thanks.  Best Deftones fan site by a mile
What?
Lmfaoooooooooo, exposed af, gets the link and says thanks then leaves with a bang? Ok lol

Vesanic

Hate is love

gwenudo

shoop

TheyCallMeP

Poor Mr. Blonde... you backwards fool

shoop

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Mar 21, 2016, 02:59 AM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Mar 20, 2016, 02:40 AM
Quote from: Mr Blonde on Mar 19, 2016, 11:56 PM
Jaypayton, you're a jackass.  Everything you type is utter bullshit, and you must be a complete loser to spend so much time on a message board of band you don't like.

Let's see a list of the cool shit you listen to.  You have such superior taste in music, so help us all out

dude relax your clit.

You're probably the second biggest douchebag on here.  Lot's cool fans from the the lurking I've done, but you and Jay, not so much.
Couple of whiny teenage girls, that bleed out of control when they're ripe
The irony.