Quote from: shoop on Apr 07, 2016, 02:54 AM
Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 02, 2016, 05:05 PM
I'm losing my mind!!
Ah, that explains it.
Damn the blonde roast session!!
Was it like it seemed?...

TheyCallMeP

gwenudo

Not sure whats wrong with the blondes on this page, we got Blondie and Mr Blonde being McAHoles.. Weird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwenudo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cvthedrv

phantom bride and rubicon should be just one song, called, the rubicon phanton bride.

pinkmaggit69

I think Gore would have been a sweet closer.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

King Leer

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 07, 2016, 02:39 AM
Just wanted to say, fuck this place, and the elitist douche bags on it.  I'm especially taking to you, Romain Coquette( Mr. Vesanique).  Your cover vids are good for a chuckle.  Anyways,  this place gives Deftones fans a bad name, and fuck you

LOL called out by name and all damn... the internet is a creepy creepy place. that being said i want to "chuckle" so post your cover vids!

Inkblades

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 07, 2016, 03:37 AM
phantom bride and rubicon should be just one song, called, the rubicon phanton bride.

Call me crazy, but there's a part of me that kinda wants Acid Hologram and Geometric Headdress to be one long, insane song. Then Crest could have been track four. I know I'm being a fanager, but a guy can dream.

NicholasHume

Why is everyone so amped about Crest? I mean, as far as I know, it exists in name only -- and how can that be better than songs that actually exist?

Inkblades

Because I'm just a greedy fan. I want as much Deftones as I can get. Also, looking at their history, the b-sides, bonus tracks and unreleased songs are often some of their best (The Boy's Republic, Lovers, Crenshaw, Finger of Death, etc.).

dopeybanana

I've been digesting the album via the - somewhat better quality - leak, and I have to say that 'Gore' definitely belongs at the top tier of the 'tones discography. It's very inventive, experimental and has an adventurous feel to it that wouldn't be out of place on the S/T or SNW, but shone through a more refined ATF/DE lens, if that makes any sense :P.

Standout tracks :
Acid Hologram
Geometric Headdress
Doomed User
Pittura Infamante
Gore
Rubicon

Background : Deftones uber-fan, long time lurker and occasional poster. And don't worry, I won't bother any of the regulars for the FLAC rip :P
How neat, I'm impressed.
How did you come to be...so blessed?

Divided_Spirit

OK the clipping on the version I've been listening to is killing me, so if someone could hook me up with that glorious FLAC I would really really fucking appreciate it.

NicholasHume

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 07, 2016, 04:42 AM
Because I'm just a greedy fan. I want as much Deftones as I can get. Also, looking at their history, the b-sides, bonus tracks and unreleased songs are often some of their best (The Boy's Republic, Lovers, Crenshaw, Finger of Death, etc.).

You're not wrong there! I was merely commenting on Crest because I keep seeing it come up in people's posts as if it is a better alternative to one of the excellent songs on Gore

neirda

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 07, 2016, 02:39 AM
Quote from: bcoberly on Apr 07, 2016, 02:36 AM
24 hours since the high quality leak and my love for this album grow. P/T, Acid Hologram, Geometric Headdress, H/W, Phantom Bride and Rubicon alone make this my favorite album since S/T. I mean PB alone made me fucking tear up.

im listening to the hq phantom right now. it's raw in such a beautiful and mellow way. and i know DT fans may crucify me for saying this but it reminds me a bit of coldplay lol(when chino drops his vocals in the latter part of the chorus, makes me think of fix you). but thats a good thing for me, i liked coldplay a lot when i was little. i honestly think its the "sextape" of gore 8)

Maybe Chino will, as he said coldplay was the one band he couldn't stand. He'd rather listen to Justin Bieber.

thetimeisdead

Maybe "Crest" surfaces as a B-side, like Lovers. I hope so!

GR1X7S

We know Chino said that he took Crest off the record because it didn't fit. That makes me wanna hear it even more. Just wondering if it was too out of the box or perhaps too heavy.. Crest is discussed on here because out of the 5 other songs written for Gore it's the only one with a name that we know of.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sharinglungs

Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 07, 2016, 04:53 AM

OK the clipping on the version I've been listening to is killing me, so if someone could hook me up with that glorious FLAC I would really really fucking appreciate it.

The flac clips just the same.Wait for the HD 24 bit version

deftonesluvrbrazil

Quote from: dopeybanana on Apr 07, 2016, 04:47 AM
I've been digesting the album via the - somewhat better quality - leak, and I have to say that 'Gore' definitely belongs at the top tier of the 'tones discography. It's very inventive, experimental and has an adventurous feel to it that wouldn't be out of place on the S/T or SNW, but shone through a more refined ATF/DE lens, if that makes any sense :P.

Inventive, experimental, etc...but I can't feel that Deftones vibe that's hard to explain. It doesn't sound like Deftones. I'd rather listen to a classic Deftones style album. :(

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 07, 2016, 04:53 AM

Very lousy production. I understand it has a raw sound but even then there are so many things that could have been corrected. Deftones went through different mixers for a reason and just fuck it and took the first mix.

tokyodrifter