Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nineteen

Chino Flamingo.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Martin on Apr 02, 2016, 08:08 PM
Fuck the leak. I can wait.
This is me now, reading all those pages.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Reichward

When I say "two" you say "more hours"

defTHE1s

Quote from: Havoc on Apr 02, 2016, 08:20 PM
Thanks to everyone and if any of you guys are on Twitter leave your handle. Need more deftones followers. Respect!
What's your user? Mine is the same as here.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

gwenudo

Quote from: DenakDW on Apr 07, 2016, 07:47 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 07, 2016, 07:44 PM
Quick, someone make a photoshop meme with Chino wearing Bjork's swan dress.
THIS.

Was it like it seemed?...

SMLiberator

he looks so happy
i'm confused??

Sleeping_Giant

Which song supposed to be an intro to a psychological thriller? I don't get that feeling anywhere.

Reichward

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Apr 07, 2016, 08:17 PM
Which song supposed to be an intro to a psychological thriller? I don't get that feeling anywhere.
LMIRL

gwenudo

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 07, 2016, 08:18 PM
LMIRL
That one noise frank does on the intro reminds me of the intro on goon squad

RaptureWS

No one ever replies to anything I write. I guess I need to learn how to get a point across without a wall of text lol :)

Did anyone notice in the album credits where Chino thanks his manager "for believing in my vision and helping me see it through"? Any thoughts on what that means?
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

gwenudo

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 07, 2016, 08:22 PM
No one ever replies to anything I write. I guess I need to learn how to get a point across without a wall of text.

Did anyone notice in the alum credit where Chino thanks his manager "for believing in my vision and helping me see it through"? Any thoughts on what that means?
He probably means like his work, maybe the record publishers want something else but chino says no and he gets support by his manager, as should anybody. Pretty sure thats what that means

gwenudo

I dont think the normal deftones fan base will like Gore, i keep seeing mixed emotions from non hardcore fans, saying its terrible and things like prayers is the best track on there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2MoreHours

Just went to my local mom and pop and they weren't even going to have the vinyl in stock tomorrow. I was the first person that asked for it.  They said they would get it for me and I would have it tomorrow.  Pretty lame state I live in.

gwenudo

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 07, 2016, 08:28 PM
Just went to my local mom and pop and they weren't even going to have the vinyl in stock tomorrow. I was the first person that asked for it.  They said they would get it for me and I would have it tomorrow.  Pretty lame state I live in.
My store had it since before target started throwing them out but they were being assholes about trying to sell it to me

Freedomsoldier17

i kinda agree. i definitely get a creepy deepish vibe in the intro and verses of LMIRL, but the space rocky chorus totally undoes that feeling.

SCUM

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 07, 2016, 08:27 PM
I dont think the normal deftones fan base will like Gore, i keep seeing mixed emotions from non hardcore fans, saying its terrible and things like prayers is the best track on there lol

yeah i've been surprised seeing comments but at the same time , much like that reviewer, most of these randies started listening around DE/KNY. "they don't know shit about boxing"

Reichward

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 07, 2016, 08:34 PM

i kinda agree. i definitely get a creepy deepish vibe in the intro and verses of LMIRL, but the space rocky chorus totally undoes that feeling.
That was just some catchphrase from an interview. You know how they like to use big words to describe the stuff they're reviewing. It's never as litteral as that

2MoreHours

Quote from: SCUM on Apr 07, 2016, 08:37 PM

yeah i've been surprised seeing comments but at the same time , much like that reviewer, most of these randies started listening around DE/KNY. "they don't know shit about boxing"

I have a love/hate relationship with Gore so far.  Parts of it are nice but then it's like I feel like I need to listen to My Own Summer or something for a minute to get that heavy edge that's missing on this.

Raswid

I just bought two copies in London :D

King Leer

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 07, 2016, 08:41 PM
Quote from: SCUM on Apr 07, 2016, 08:37 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with Gore so far.  Parts of it are nice but then it's like I feel like I need to listen to My Own Summer or something for a minute to get that heavy edge that's missing on this.

while i respect your opinion i really really can't get why people are saying that this album is not heavy... is it just because chino's not screaming? to me it's heavy but its beautiful as well. really a perfect mixture of both.