Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punkflop01

2MoreHours

Did Chino ever talk about the name of the album?  I just saw an old post on his twitter..."Martin Gore has written more songs than any other human dead or alive that I've connected with".  Just wondering if that might have had to do with the name or if it was already named before that post.

gwenudo

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 04:23 AM
Did Chino ever talk about the name of the album?  I just saw an old post on his twitter..."Martin Gore has written more songs than any other human dead or alive that I've connected with".  Just wondering if that might have had to do with the name or if it was already named before that post.
I remember Ves said that in an interview Chino said Martin Gore had nothing to do with the name
Was it like it seemed?...

sing blue silver

Finally listening for the first time. Certainly a strange album so far. Only 4 tracks deep but I think I'm going to end up liking this one quite a bit. Seems they're doing quite a bit of the random time changes like in Romantic Dreams on this one though. Acid Hologram and Geometric Headdress are full of them. Not sure how much I love that right away but there's certainly some new and interesting things going on I've not heard this band do before which is incredibly exciting.

EDIT: Hearts / Wires is still the best thing so far.

pinata89

I think this album title had to do at least slightly with Martin Gore of Depeche Mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BallZDeeP

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 08, 2016, 04:19 AM
Wow, I'm listening to the snippets of that HD collection on ITunes and a lot of Frank's parts sound much more audible.

500! Woohoo!
The collection? How is it HD? Maybe im lost

SMLiberator

Wow, I'm listening to the snippets of that HD collection on ITunes and a lot of Frank's parts sound much more audible.

I have no way of accessing iTunes and the Complete Collection versions seems to be the same as the old ones on Spotify. Any way you could share these snippets?  :)
i'm confused??

gwenudo

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 08, 2016, 04:26 AM

500! Woohoo!
Listen to it with some good headphones to understand

2MoreHours

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 04:24 AM
I remember Ves said that in an interview Chino said Martin Gore had nothing to do with the name

Ok cool.  I don't know who Martin Gore is so if nothing else, he got me curious to see what he was involved with.

Divided_Spirit

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 08, 2016, 04:25 AM
Finally listening for the first time. Certainly a strange album so far. Only 4 tracks deep but I think I'm going to end up liking this one quite a bit. Seems they're doing quite a bit of the random time changes like in Romantic Dreams on this one though. Acid Hologram and Geometric Headdress are full of them. Not sure how much I love that right away but there's certainly some new and interesting things going on I've not heard this band do before which is incredibly exciting.

Just wait, it seems to be a unanimous consensus that the 2nd half is far superior to the 1st.

BallZDeeP

Im about to lose my shit if i bought the wrong version..i didnt need the collection.

gwenudo

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 04:27 AM

Ok cool.  I don't know who Martin Gore is so if nothing else, he got me curious to see what he was involved with.
Martine Gore is in the band Depeche Mode 😊 you remember To Have and To Hold? Hell yea lol

gwenudo

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 08, 2016, 04:27 AM
Im about to lose my shit if i bought the wrong version..i didnt need the collection.
:o

ANattyRat

Said the same think Frank said in a different interview. The way they have this ugly word associated with ugly things over this pretty image, which goes well with the band and the kind of music they make, so similar to the self-titled album cover.

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 08, 2016, 04:25 AM

Wow, someone else who managed to stay away from everything! Congrats on being in the minority, haha, hope you enjoy the brand new music :)

moskwality

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 04:26 AM
Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 08, 2016, 04:26 AM

500! Woohoo!
Listen to it with some good headphones to understand

Adrenaline sounds so much cleaner. It's like I'm exploring the album for the first time...again.

2MoreHours

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 04:28 AM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 04:27 AM

Martine Gore is in the band Depeche Mode 😊 you remember To Have and To Hold? Hell yea lol

Ok, I'm vaguely familiar with Depeche Mode.  I know Chino is into a lot of 80's new wave stuff so I guess that's what that's about.  Honestly, I wasn't a big Cure fan until I read an interview where Chino said he liked them and it got me to pop in their greatest hits and I really do like them.  Maybe I need to do the same with Depeche Mode.

2MoreHours

Damn it you guys with your new HD Deftones collection.  Am I really going to have to spend money on iTunes right when I'm going to bed?

NYRexall

Wow, really digging the remastered sound of this Complete Collection

S/T sounds WAY meatier..

gwenudo

See guys, the band is totally not tripling on "Sharing Leaks" 😊 rejoice everyone!! It is Gore day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwenudo

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 04:33 AM
Damn it you guys with your new HD Deftones collection.  Am I really going to have to spend money on iTunes right when I'm going to bed?
You could hold off till next paycheck lol