Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: teamsleep_28 on Apr 08, 2016, 04:47 AM
I'm sorry guys but I have a bittersweet feeling. There are brillants songs in Gore (AH, H/W and Rubicon). Probably best songs since S/T. I really like (L)MIRL, Gore, Doomer User, Phantom Bride and P/T too.

But the three others... The beggining of Pittura is so so ugly. At least i like the bridge, the riff is cool and vocals too. And Geometric and Xenon are boring, b-side for me.

Prayers/Triangles 8/10
Acid Hologram 9/10
Doomed User 7/10
Geometric Headdress 4/10
Hearts/Wires 9/10
Pittura Infamante 5/10
Xenon 3/10
(L)MIRL 8/10
Gore 7/10
Phantom Bride 8/10
Rubicon 9/10
Geometric will come back to you.. It will haunt you.. And youll be waking up one night wanting to hear it for no reason.. Remember that....
Was it like it seemed?...

pinata89

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 04:50 AM
I'm sorry guys but I have a bittersweet feeling. There are brillants songs in Gore (AH, H/W and Rubicon). Probably best songs since S/T. I really like (L)MIRL, Gore, Doomer User, Phantom Bride and P/T too.

But the three others... The beggining of Pittura is so so ugly. At least i like the bridge, the riff is cool and vocals too. And Geometric and Xenon are boring, b-side for me.

Prayers/Triangles 8/10
Acid Hologram 9/10
Doomed User 7/10
Geometric Headdress 4/10
Hearts/Wires 9/10
Pittura Infamante 5/10
Xenon 3/10
(L)MIRL 8/10
Gore 7/10
Phantom Bride 8/10
Rubicon 9/10
Geometric will come back to you.. It will haunt you.. And youll be waking up one night wanting to hear it for no reason.. Remember that....
I agree. The biggest grower in my end.

sing blue silver

Phantom Bride is pretty cool. The solo feels kinda cheesy to me. It's got a good groove to it during that part but yeah... a bit too 90's rock for me. Still like the atmosphere the song creates though.

EDIT: SHHIIIIIITT that outro though. Sounds fucking huuuuuuge.

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 04:50 AM

Prayers/Triangles 8/10
Acid Hologram 9/10
Doomed User 7/10
Geometric Headdress 4/10
Hearts/Wires 9/10
Pittura Infamante 5/10
Xenon 3/10
(L)MIRL 8/10
Gore 7/10
Phantom Bride 8/10
Rubicon 9/10

And the chorus to Xenon. I literally woke up multiple times last night with that freaking chorus in my head, I'm not even joking or exaggerating.

moskwality

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 04:44 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 08, 2016, 04:41 AM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 04:40 AM
Anything noticeably different about SNW on the collection?

Judging by the snippet, Hole in the Earth sounds fucking fantastic.
Frank on those verses is giving me chills, never heard him do those atmospheric flute nosies wth, during the chorus as well, and chi is a fucking beast

this.

gwenudo

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 08, 2016, 04:51 AM
Phantom Bride is pretty cool. The solo feels kinda cheesy to me. It's got a good groove to it during that part but yeah... a bit too 90's rock for me. Still like the atmosphere the song creates though.

EDIT: SHHIIIIIITT that outro though. Sounds fucking huuuuuuge.
I kept wondering why you didnt mention the outro LOL HELL YEA!!

chuckles

I dont know what happened... but.. SNW sounds extreme!!!!
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

gwenudo

Either they added shit to the music or ive never heard some of these parts on SNW, fucking amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinata89

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 04:54 AM
Either they added shit to the music or ive never heard some of these parts on SNW, fucking amazing.

This is an itunes DL?

gwenudo

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 08, 2016, 04:55 AM

This is an itunes DL?
YES, SURPRISINGLY

pinata89

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 04:55 AM
Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 08, 2016, 04:55 AM

This is an itunes DL?
YES, SURPRISINGLY
Fuck! I must investigate!

laurapalmer

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/album-review-deftones-gore/

A- from consequence of sound. That's pretty damn huge if you ask me

gwenudo

Quote from: laurapalmer on Apr 08, 2016, 04:56 AM

Holy shit, that is pretty good actually. Not bad

BallZDeeP

Quote from: laurapalmer on Apr 08, 2016, 04:56 AM

They earned that A for sure

gwenudo

Abe on RATSx3 (my favorite on SNW) is fucking huge!!

sing blue silver

Finished Gore. Gotta get to bed as it's 2AM now but damn that was satisfying. Going to need time to digest it. It's certainly different but that's mainly why I'm so excited to get to know this record. Rubicon is kind of an odd closer for the album but it's a solid track. Excited to see how this one sits with me.

And is everyone talking about the Studio Album Collection on iTunes? This seems to have escaped me. Is it all remastered or something?

gwenudo

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 08, 2016, 04:59 AM
Finished Gore. Gotta get to bed as it's 2AM now but damn that was satisfying. Going to need time to digest it. It's certainly different but that's mainly why I'm so excited to get to know this record. Rubicon is kind of an odd closer for the album but it's a solid track. Excited to see how this one sits with me.

And is everyone talking about the Studio Album Collection on iTunes? This seems to have escaped me. Is it all remastered or something?
Yes remastered, check it out once youre done digesting!

NicholasHume

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 08, 2016, 04:48 AM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 04:33 AM
Damn it you guys with your new HD Deftones collection.  Am I really going to have to spend money on iTunes right when I'm going to bed?
$40

Is this a US only iTunes thing? I'm in Canada and can't find anything of the sort

moskwality

My faith in SNW is being restored.

ANattyRat

Quote from: NicholasHume on Apr 08, 2016, 05:01 AM
Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 08, 2016, 04:48 AM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 08, 2016, 04:33 AM
Damn it you guys with your new HD Deftones collection.  Am I really going to have to spend money on iTunes right when I'm going to bed?
$40

Is this a US only iTunes thing? I'm in Canada and can't find anything of the sort

I'm the UK and I've found it.