Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaypayton

boys could have done better than a rinky dink digipack...geez

jciraheta

lol  ...

mono

Quote from: Diplo on Apr 08, 2016, 04:49 PM
After almost 1 week of Gore, I only skip Xenon. It's a fucking masterpiece.

it's weird, I like the record a lot, but there's A LOT of people hating on this and the lack of "aggression" or other things... Maybe (at least for me) is the first deftones album that is a grower, all the others are "love at first sight".
The world of choises, haha.

Diplo

Xenon intro is huge but then it's just "empty".

2MoreHours

Just bought Gore on vinyl.  I don't even have a record player.  Might need to get one of those too. lol

2MoreHours

Quote from: mono on Apr 08, 2016, 04:54 PM
Quote from: Diplo on Apr 08, 2016, 04:49 PM
After almost 1 week of Gore, I only skip Xenon. It's a fucking masterpiece.

it's weird, I like the record a lot, but there's A LOT of people hating on this and the lack of "aggression" or other things... Maybe (at least for me) is the first deftones album that is a grower, all the others are "love at first sight".
The world of choises, haha.

Why would you skip Xenon?  That's a great song.

Bergerac

Quote from: shoop on Apr 08, 2016, 05:31 AM
lol..   11. First (Hidden Track)

It's always been that way, it's fucking annoying.

Knucklestones

I'm more into this record than I was for the past two albums. I feel like they've each gotten progressively better. Each album's got their moments though.

RavinVsFlud

Gore is currently #2 on the iTunes Charts!

pinata89

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Apr 08, 2016, 05:37 PM
Fuck yeah!!

gwenudo

Who the bloody hell is 1?
Was it like it seemed?...

pinata89

I wanna know who got signed vinyls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shine down unshy

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 05:37 PM

Source?  I'm looking at the charts and it's not even on the top 100.

gwenudo

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 08, 2016, 05:47 PM
I wanna know who got signed vinyls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it was part of the Looney Tunes deal
Was it like it seemed?...

Rifle

Papa Prune

So... AfTer listening to the vynil leak, then the quality leak and my mp3 version bought on amazon, I have to say that this is the first deftones' record that i don't like.

It bothers me so i've been thinking of why it's disappointing.

And i found the explanation: the way it is recorded, enginered and produced. When I listen to this record, it's like i was listening to something that was recorded in the 80s. And on most of the tracks, the guitar is too clear. And in the mean time, it's too low and it's mixed with the bass and it forms a noise where i cant clearly hear what each instrument is playing. Plus it misses some essential elements making Deftones that special to me (violence balanced by moments of calm).

In my opinion, it's the most uninspired record. Stef is lacking on this record. And on the opposite side, i like the way chino has improved his singing, the way he is back to screaming, the way sergio plays his bass not by just following the guitar (when i can hear it^^). And Abe what a drummer.

So now, i've just to wait ....4 more years. And i' m happy for those who are liking it. Lucky bastards.

2MoreHours

Quote from: Papa Prune on Apr 08, 2016, 05:52 PM
So... AfTer listening to the vynil leak, then the quality leak and my mp3 version bought on amazon, I have to say that this is the first deftones' record that i don't like.

It bothers me so i've been thinking of why it's disappointing.

And i found the explanation: the way it is recorded, enginered and produced. When I listen to this record, it's like i was listening to something that was recorded in the 80s. And on most of the tracks, the guitar is too clear. And in the mean time, it's too low and it's mixed with the bass and it forms a noise where i cant clearly hear what each instrument is playing. Plus it misses some essential elements making Deftones that special to me (violence balanced by moments of calm).

In my opinion, it's the most uninspired record. Stef is lacking on this record. And on the opposite side, i like the way chino has improved his singing, the way he is back to screaming, the way sergio plays his bass not by just following the guitar (when i can hear it^^). And Abe what a drummer.

So now, i've just to wait ....4 more years. And i' m happy for those who are liking it. Lucky bastards.

Keep listening to it, you may change your mind.  I went from hating it to liking it a lot over the last couple of days. And you're right about Chino.  He sounds great on this album.

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: shine down unshy on Apr 08, 2016, 05:48 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 05:37 PM

Source?  I'm looking at the charts and it's not even on the top 100.

77years

Quote from: nineteen on Apr 08, 2016, 04:23 PM
Struggling to find faults with Gore. Even that record rewind at the end of Acid Hologram (which I would generally hate the shit out of) works because it sets up Doomed User so well.

It's a reel-to-reel tape being fast-forwarded

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Papa Prune on Apr 08, 2016, 05:52 PM

4 more years? Nah dude, just 2 more hours.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem