Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

https://www.instagram.com/deftonesband/

There are three pics there, they look like they could be from the Prayers/Triangles music video. What do you think? Should be getting it soon, I guess.

only pieces remain

i seen that 

the ending of bloody cape to the intro of anniversary is a thing only they can do. its just, wow.

SMLiberator

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 09, 2016, 04:51 AM
https://www.instagram.com/deftonesband/

There are three pics there, they look like they could be from the Prayers/Triangles music video. What do you think? Should be getting it soon, I guess.

apparently they're forming another mosaic, except this time it's three images a day?
i'm confused??

Cullision

Quote from: only pieces remain on Apr 09, 2016, 04:53 AM
i seen that 

the ending of bloody cape to the intro of anniversary is a thing only they can do. its just, wow.

Yeah I've always loved that juxtaposition, it's a perfect example of the chaos and beauty deftones combine.

NYRexall

Those of you who got the Gore shirts, what's the quality like? Thin, lightweight combed cotton or the thick cotton kind that's heavy, rough and takes forever to soften in the wash?

cvthedrv

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 09, 2016, 05:01 AM
Those of you who got the Gore shirts, what's the quality like? Thin, lightweight combed cotton or the thick cotton kind that's heavy, rough and takes forever to soften in the wash?

they have to be the same quality as the others from merchdirect, a poor lightweight quality

jlaggot

Quote from: geraavl08 on Apr 09, 2016, 04:45 AM
Quote from: only pieces remain on Apr 09, 2016, 04:39 AM
anniversary is so fucking underrated. top 5 deftones for me
That remastered version... I was in tears at the end

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Can someone hit me up to a link or something to the remastered version? Google didnt come through.

thetimeisdead

Gore is #2 in amazon.com. Come on! Let's take it to #1!

GR1X7S

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 09, 2016, 05:01 AM
I'd say it feels about in the middle..it's not the softest but it is very comfortable.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

FourtySixandTwo

After 3 listens, I have this album on repeat. It continues to get better with each listen. For me, the highlights are (L) mirl, Phantom Bride (Jerry Cantrell's solo is sick), Gore, and Hearts/Wires, but all songs are great and I am sure my favorites will change as I listen more. If you are not digging the mix of the audio, my recommendation is to go get the neutron audio app on the Google store (its a couple bucks but well worth it). Use the following equalizer settings and you will really bring these songs to life and experience layers you didn't know existed. With my first listen, with default settings on my equalizer, the songs sounded flat. They now sound amazing and you really can here the maturity and progression of the band. These guys continue to push the envelope. Can't wait to see them in August. Settings below :
<band id="LOW" gain="4.5999999" freq="200.00" Q="0.60000002" />
<band id="MID1" gain="3.33999991" freq="1500.00" width="0.5" />
<band id="MID2" gain="2.50999999" freq="9000.00" width="0.5" />
<band id="HIGH" gain="3.75999999" freq="12000.00" Q="0.00" />
Enjoy....

gwenudo

Quote from: jlaggot on Apr 09, 2016, 05:06 AM
Quote from: geraavl08 on Apr 09, 2016, 04:45 AM
Quote from: only pieces remain on Apr 09, 2016, 04:39 AM
anniversary is so fucking underrated. top 5 deftones for me
That remastered version... I was in tears at the end

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Can someone hit me up to a link or something to the remastered version? Google didnt come through.
The best version is through iTunes, all other versions suck ass dont even try to listen to it if its not from iTunes
Was it like it seemed?...

punkflop01

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/album-review-deftones-gore/

" I can confidently call them a legendary band, and more and more listeners become privy to that legacy with each album cycle: "Oh, this is good. Why didn't I listen the Deftones before?" "

mono

Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 09, 2016, 12:26 PM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/album-review-deftones-gore/

" I can confidently call them a legendary band, and more and more listeners become privy to that legacy with each album cycle: "Oh, this is good. Why didn't I listen the Deftones before?" "

Interesting! It's true btw

punkflop01

damn i totally forgot that this website even existed - haven't checked it since the self titled came out / i discovered sharing lungs :)

http://www.deftonesworld.com/news.htm

BLUMPKIN

Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 09, 2016, 01:48 PM
damn i totally forgot that this website even existed - haven't checked it since the self titled came out / i discovered sharing lungs :)

Sharinglungs is an offshoot of deftonesworld.  The board moved from there to here around 2007, I believe.  Same admin though, assuming Drop Dead is still the guy around here. 

punkflop01

Loved this post on reddit :

"When you stop comparing every new friggin' record to your favorite one, the more you will enjoy it. Embrace today's record for today, not the year 1995, 1997, 2000 or whatever year your all-time favorite Deftones record was released. Make new memories, experience new moments, so that in 15 years, you can look back and say you love Gore not more or less than, but just as much as your favorite Deftones album."

gwenudo

Quote from: BLUMPKIN on Apr 09, 2016, 01:53 PM
Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 09, 2016, 01:48 PM

Sharinglungs is an offshoot of deftonesworld.  The board moved from there to here around 2007, I believe.  Same admin though, assuming Drop Dead is still the guy around here.
Can confirm hes still here, great guy
Was it like it seemed?...

sing blue silver

Steph's guitar tone is pretty garbage across most of this record. Don't know what the fuck he was doing working on his tone for so long. Go back to the drawing board buddy. Abe is fucking crushing it on this record but it's too bad he gets so pushed to the back a lot. Still, loving this record the more I listen to it.

whitefur

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 09, 2016, 03:06 PM
Steph's guitar tone is pretty garbage across most of this record. Don't know what the fuck he was doing working on his tone for so long. Go back to the drawing board buddy. Abe is fucking crushing it on this record but it's too bad he gets so pushed to the back a lot. Still, loving this record the more I listen to it.

I agree with all of this. The record is awesome........liking it more than DE and KNY. But what a travesty for pushing Abe sooooo far back in the mix. And Stef's tone is horrible......even worse than Adrenaline. Like you said, he said he has been working a lot on his tone, so where is it?? Ugh. Maybe ditch everything digital, the AxeFx, everything and go back to a tube amp.......maybe use Orange instead of Marshall if the Marshall can't handle the 8 string.

It's cool that they are going for a more raw sound......but instead of sounding raw like Adrenaline it just sounds shitty.

Corleone

Listened to it once and only enjoyed a couple songs, the ones with cleaner vocals.