Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

The butthurt is strong with this album

Not one single moment of filler on Gore.

Hidalgo

crosses & palms were both amazing. the more control Chino has the better. Stephen hasn't been very creative for a long time anyway. Chino brings the heavy side he likes too, it's all here on gore. awesome, dark record (they're all dark to some extent, but this & s/t are darkest)

buddyboy101

Honestly I see them back in the running for a Grammy with this album

pinata89

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Apr 11, 2016, 02:50 AM
Honestly I see them back in the running for a Grammy with this album
You may not be wrong

Hinojos

Quote from: jaypayton on Apr 11, 2016, 01:52 AM
you can see why steph was so uninspired with the songs. aside from doomed user and geometric headdress he basically doesnt get a chance to shine at all. the Chino show wins again...clearly Chino has been listening to ISIS. half the songs sound like ISIS songs/or what Palms should have been (hearts wires/Pittura Infamante) esp....and xenon is the worst song they have ever recorded. worse than "mein"
I wasn't the biggest fan of Xenon at first either, but it's starting to grow on me. It's a mainstream sounding song by Deftones' standards, maybe even more radio-friendly than Prayers/Triangles in my opinion. Other than some of the classics, it's the type of first song that I can show my friends to try and get them into Deftones if they haven't heard them.
Maybe it'll grow on you too along with the rest of the album if you don't like it. As for the "Chino show," I don't think that's such a bad thing. This album is great! Go back and listen to their heavier songs if that's what you're into. They went for a certain sound/mood on this album and they achieved it. Who knows maybe in the future they'll go for a different, heavier sound once again with a fully inspired Stef who will chug-rape every song. Due to them continuing to mature and evolve I doubt it, but you never know! By the way I think there's plenty of moments in Gore where Stef shines, so I don't agree with that.

HooiserBowhunter

I went and snagged the cd today while I was out and about even though I bought it on iTunes. I gave the cd another listen while reading the lyrics. Rubicon & Geometric Headdress has grown on me a touch after a couple more listens. I absolutely love the dark day dreamy state of (L)mirl. After reading the lyrics it confirmed my love for Doomed User, Hearts/Wires, Acid Hologram, Gore, (L)mirl, and Phantom Bride. I love the riff of Xenon, but not digging the course as much. As for Prayers/Triangles I think I have just burnt myself out on that song. Pittura Infamante has great parts, but Im still not exactly in love with it. What if Dwarf Dicks equals Crest?

pinata89

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Apr 11, 2016, 03:24 AM
I went and snagged the cd today while I was out and about even though I bought it on iTunes. I gave the cd another listen while reading the lyrics. Rubicon & Geometric Headdress has grown on me a touch after a couple more listens. I absolutely love the dark day dreamy state of (L)mirl. After reading the lyrics it confirmed my love for Doomed User, Hearts/Wires, Acid Hologram, Gore, (L)mirl, and Phantom Bride. I love the riff of Xenon, but not digging the course as much. As for Prayers/Triangles I think I have just burnt myself out on that song. Pittura Infamante has great parts, but Im still not exactly in love with it. What if Dwarf Dicks equals Crest?
Is Dick Dwarfs/crest audible ? As in there is audio for that song out there?

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 11, 2016, 03:26 AM
Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Apr 11, 2016, 03:24 AM
Is Dick Dwarfs/crest audible ? As in there is audio for that song out there?

There is no audio for Crest as far as I know. All we know is that it was the opening track that Chino decided to drop b/c he wanted people to hear Prayers/Triangles after not hearing new material from them since Koi. I was just speculating of course.

only pieces remain

White Pony
Deftones
Around the Fur
Saturday Night Wrist
Gore
Diamond Eyes
Koi No Yokan
Adrenaline

Geometric Headdress
Gore
Hearts/Wires
Rubicon
(L)MIRL
Acid Hologram
Doomed User
Phantom Bride
Pittura Infamante
Prayers/Triangles
Xenon

I think... ???

ANattyRat

- Geometric Headdress.
- (L)MIRL.
- Hearts/Wires.
- Gore.
- Pittura Infamante.
- Xenon.
- Phantom Bride.
- Acid Hologram.
- Rubicon.
- Prayers/Triangles.
- Doomed User.

More or less, wasn't easy.

only pieces remain

the dislike for doomed user really boggles my brain. if it werent released as a single beforehand i bet ya'll would have a stiffy for it

shoop

Quote from: only pieces remain on Apr 11, 2016, 04:37 AM
the dislike for doomed user really boggles my brain. if it werent released as a single beforehand i bet ya'll would have a stiffy for it
This x10.

Vesanic

Geometric Headdress and Pittura Infamante have grown on me, what really bothers me about these songs is that they don't exactly feel natural. In the sense that I don't really expect the live performances to be quality. Hope they do turn out well though.

gwenudo

Quote from: shoop on Apr 11, 2016, 04:40 AM
Quote from: only pieces remain on Apr 11, 2016, 04:37 AM
This x10.
Doomed user is one of my favs, i dont skip it at all, neither songs on the album i wanna skip, the only time ive ever skipped a track is prayers, but that was just like a couple of times out of a thousand
Was it like it seemed?...

shin

Maybe, I'm just being a nerd but, the font used for GORE really reminds of the font Nirvana used for it's name which is Bodoni Poster-Compressed, according to the google.

Is it the same, I'm really just wondering, if not, where can i get it?

thetimeisdead

Pittura and Headdress really grew on me.

Hidalgo

a bit of greek mythology in Gore?

"the writers of your fate" on xenon, could be "the fates"/ the sisters of fate/moirai

"hail to the Gods" pittura infamante (Zeus, Ares, Hades, Posiedon, etc)

i dig me some greek mythology, so

from_musings

for now

1)h/w   
2)geometric     
3)acid       
4)phantom   
5)rubicon   
6)doomed   
7)gore
8)p/t      
9)lmirl      
10)xenon   
11)pittura

lungdamage

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 11, 2016, 06:54 AM
a bit of greek mythology in Gore?

"the writers of your fate" on xenon, could be "the fates"/ the sisters of fate/moirai

"hail to the Gods" pittura infamante (Zeus, Ares, Hades, Posiedon, etc)

i dig me some greek mythology, so

Pablo shouldn't you be focusing on star wars cannon? :)

punkflop01

Listened to the album 3 times so far...and it's really growing on me. But god damn Acid Hologram is just the tits. I've had it looping in my head all day - takes me back to the S/T era for some reason.