Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Swing and a miss, jaypayton. S/T is in my top three Deftones albums and DU is still my least favorite song on Gore.

gwenudo

Was it like it seemed?...

gwenudo

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 11, 2016, 07:24 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/go-behind-the-scenes-of-deftones-prayers-triangles-music-video-20160411

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn i just love Abe and Steph.. Get them both together and youre sure to have a blast.
Also in the words of Steph, he didnt like the music in the beginning (like he said before) but he really only meant one song.. I wonder which one!
Either way, great video, everybody should watch it, i love deftones, Chino keep on running in the streets

ANattyRat

Quote from: jaypayton on Apr 11, 2016, 07:17 PM
for the record, i think doomed user and Geometric headdress are two of the best songs they have done in a decade. i wish the whole album was that raw and balls to the wall. then it woulda been a masterpiece......

my theory is the people who hate doomed user are the same people who hate S/T

DID YOU JUST SAY SOMETHING NICE ABOUT THE BAND??? OH MY GOD, IT'S A MIRACLE!

Really though, how can you say Doomed User and Geometric Headdress are two of the best? They sound nothing like each other, and Geometric Headdress isn't as raw as songs like Doomed User. If anything, it reminds me more of Xenon and Pittura Infamante.

Also, Doomed User is my least favourite (at the moment, but possibly because I overplayed it before the album leaked), but the self-titled album is my second favourite album behind White Pony. So no.

from_musings

stef to the ultimate guitar interview:

"I didn't want to play on the record to begin with."

"I look at all the songs on the record and they were all a challenge for me to get into."

""I would never leave the band that I started but the band started leaving me, I can't control that."

*shit hits the fan*

stef afterwards

"When I gave 'the interview,' I was just saying that, in the beginning, I wasn't too inspired by what was going on. I didn't elaborate. The emotions tied to that statement were really all around one song called 'Hearts/Wires'.
Once I got over my B.S. about it and dug into it, I found a place in it where I like it and have fun. It ended up one I liked the most. It's so funny how things get spun out."

gwenudo

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 11, 2016, 07:59 PM
stef to the ultimate guitar interview:

"I didn't want to play on the record to begin with."

"I look at all the songs on the record and they were all a challenge for me to get into."

""I would never leave the band that I started but the band started leaving me, I can't control that."

*shit hits the fan*

stef afterwards

"When I gave 'the interview,' I was just saying that, in the beginning, I wasn't too inspired by what was going on. I didn't elaborate. The emotions tied to that statement were really all around one song called 'Hearts/Wires'.
Once I got over my B.S. about it and dug into it, I found a place in it where I like it and have fun. It ended up one I liked the most. It's so funny how things get spun out."

That damage control lol bet they all got in a heated argument over it lol

LG95

I know you think that's blatant inconsistency but it isn't.
I could float here forever

N0S3BLEED976

Love how this album keeps growing, even though I adore it so much already. Even my least favourite song Xenonis getting better and better for me. A shame it ends so abruptly

from_musings

i like doomed user. a callback to old school deftones, nice. However i think chino sounds a little weird,especially first half of it...nothing wrong with the parts, melodies or voice, really,he just sounds so off balance. i think it's a choice though. should've sounded a little more focused imo, could've been an awesome song. still good though

Rally Sweat

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 11, 2016, 08:09 PM
Love how this album keeps growing, even though I adore it so much already. Even my least favourite song Xenonis getting better and better for me. A shame it ends so abruptly

Yeah, it's a banger. I can't quite figure out what the chorus reminds me of - like a montage in some great eighties film that you used to love as a kid or something? It's pretty triumphant! The title is definitely perfect for it.

Reichward

Doomed User is slowly growing on me. At first I didn't like it so much as a single, with its extremely distorted guitar sound, it felt kind of off. But it just flows so well after Acid Hologram on the album. This album is more original than I anticipated. In a very good way.

Also I think that Hearts/Wires is their best song since Hexagram.

Diplo

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 11, 2016, 08:11 PM
i like doomed user. a callback to old school deftones, nice. However i think chino sounds a little weird,especially first half of it...nothing wrong with the parts, melodies or voice, really,he just sounds so off balance. i think it's a choice though. should've sounded a little more focused imo, could've been an awesome song. still good though

It's exactly the feeling that I have when I see them live (only the first songs)

zukixgor9

Can someone scan the photograph located above to the right, found on vinyl, please? the pic of flamingos :D

2MoreHours

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 11, 2016, 08:09 PM

Xenon is actually probably my favorite track.  The name is kind of stupid but the song sounds good.  It's a tie between that one and Hearts/Wires for my favorite track on the album.

gwenudo

I swear yall better record this show tonight.. I must see this

gwenudo

For anybody that wants this pic without that annoying prayers banner, here you go

DenakDW

Ok folks, I've been listening to the album non stop... And without skipping one song!!!
That didn't happen with diamond eyes and koi.
This is a new level for them and for us... The fans.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

gwenudo

DenakDW

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 11, 2016, 09:17 PM

For anybody that wants this pic without that annoying prayers banner, here you go

Thank you! Looks really nice!

DenakDW

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 11, 2016, 09:19 PM

Christ, somebody needs to record that show...