Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far away

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 12, 2016, 01:18 PM
Quote from: gloomsquadron on Apr 12, 2016, 05:17 AM
I'm sure this post will be scoffed at , forgotten and ignored, but Jesus.  This site has officially hit the wall.  We're really picking on Chino's hair and fans in the crowd who have receding hairlines and yelling "Chino?"  I'm 38, going on 39, and my hair is receding.  I also yell Chino every chance I get at every live show i get to go to. The reason I fell in love with Deftones 20 years ago was the fact that every fan was included.  You could go to a show and no one would judge you or make fun of you.  The people who DID were pushed aside and marginalized.  I've been to shows where Chino stopped songs to help girls fallen in pits.  Where crowd surfers were hurt.  Eh, you know what, fuck you guys.  I was going to work really hard to respond to all of this hatred, all of this silliness, but man, I come from a world where music used to save your life.  You used to write letters and spend money on records to meet your heroes.  Love you Deftones and Chi and every bad ass dude who picked me up off the floor at a show.  I've been a member of sharing lungs for 15 years, because i can find information about the band I LOVE.  Now it's just a place for people to say dumb shit.  Cool for you.  Chino now has blonde hair.  When you're 40 and you're wife is fat and gross, or you're 40 and you're single, sign back on sharinglungs and make your judgements.  Or not.

Damn, dude.  You obviously don't hang out around here much.  There is a lot of sarcasm and jokes going on here.  I haven't seen people really gang up or attack anyone...ever.  It does look kind of funny to see a guy in his 40's still sagging his pants and dying his hair but everyone here respects Chino.  Without him, none of us would even be on this board.

very well said, my friend. ppl need to calm their tits.

about the p/t video.. im glad they are musicians, not actors lol...
also, i gotta update my avatar. Flamingos...

Freedomsoldier17

>why does it burn when i pee

lol

sharinglungs

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 12, 2016, 10:02 PM
So whos gonna get us an HD recording of Jimmy Kimmel?! Ima watch it live but i have playstation Vue and theyre pretty strict about recording stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can literally download the episode minutes after it airs on any torrent site.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 12, 2016, 07:30 PM
Apparently Steph wrote Entombed..... Damn lol

I absolutely love everything about entombed good job Steph.

sing blue silver

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Apr 12, 2016, 11:59 PM

Huh. Entombed is pretty much a guaranteed skip for me.

2MoreHours

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 13, 2016, 12:03 AM

Same here.  Quite possibly the weakest Deftones song ever. 

pinata89

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 13, 2016, 12:11 AM

Same

pinata89

But I also don't understand the love for PB...it's like the Entombed for Gore

2MoreHours

I bet Steph was trying to impress/relate to Chino when he wrote that.

Freedomsoldier17

entombed is good.

shin

Quote from: gloomsquadron on Apr 12, 2016, 05:17 AM
I'm sure this post will be scoffed at , forgotten and ignored, but Jesus.  This site has officially hit the wall.  We're really picking on Chino's hair and fans in the crowd who have receding hairlines and yelling "Chino?"  I'm 38, going on 39, and my hair is receding.  I also yell Chino every chance I get at every live show i get to go to. The reason I fell in love with Deftones 20 years ago was the fact that every fan was included.  You could go to a show and no one would judge you or make fun of you.  The people who DID were pushed aside and marginalized.  I've been to shows where Chino stopped songs to help girls fallen in pits.  Where crowd surfers were hurt.  Eh, you know what, fuck you guys.  I was going to work really hard to respond to all of this hatred, all of this silliness, but man, I come from a world where music used to save your life.  You used to write letters and spend money on records to meet your heroes.  Love you Deftones and Chi and every bad ass dude who picked me up off the floor at a show.  I've been a member of sharing lungs for 15 years, because i can find information about the band I LOVE.  Now it's just a place for people to say dumb shit.  Cool for you.  Chino now has blonde hair.  When you're 40 and you're wife is fat and gross, or you're 40 and you're single, sign back on sharinglungs and make your judgements.  Or not.

I feel you dood, kids to day, is all I have to say. I'm 35, and have managed to not get fat, I kind of hope Chino would lose the weight, and even have joked about what if Stephen did as well, but not for me, not for anyone other than themselves. This is my favorite band of all time and I didn't even realize till a few years ago. That when I add up all the time I've spend listening to music the majority has been deftones. I can plot back through my life using the album releases as milestones. Adrenaline and Around the Fur, high school, first big crush. White Pony, my first apartment,  and so on. When I put in a deftones album I can remember everything about my life at the time it was released.

Chino's hair, weather he's putting on weight, what the fuck? Who fucking cares?  My life would have been very different if not for this band's music, and I'm only just starting to read about Chino's personal affairs only after getting to meet and talk to him, and like I've heard Stephen joke before about him in highschool, yeah, he's a cool motherfucker.

So fuck the bullshit.

sooniletugo

RUBICON fucking owns!!!! I do miss Chino's guitar part in the chorus but if it lets him perform the vocals better (and they sounded great), I'm down with just a classic single guitarist setup. That sounded awesome! Hope it's a mainstay on the setlist!

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 13, 2016, 12:11 AM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 13, 2016, 12:11 AM

Same

Wow Im surprised. I guess I am the minority. I think it is great.

ANattyRat

I like Entombed, but it's a long song for something that doesn't divert much from its sound, can get very repetitive. I knew Stef said before Koi No Yokan that he does finger-tapping on the album, so I'd assumed at the time that we'd get something like Animals As Leaders, haha.

Lurid Vega

Entombed is an awesome song.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Lurid Vega

After hearing Rubicon live, I am very curious to see if they start playing Acid....that'd be hella sweet

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

ZND84

the songs are finally starting to sink in for me and overall I'm a fan of the album, but Deftones to me have set such a high benchmark with their other albums, it's tied with DE for being my least liked Deftones album. with that said I love Geometric Headdress and Gore. Hearts/wires is the shit too. Xenon will be skipped every time.

shin

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Apr 11, 2016, 10:48 AM
Has anyone else thought that this record is about one woman? Not like a concept album, more like a common theme.

My take:

Doomed User: I have to assume drug use
Geometric Headdress: love/hate relationship
(L)MIRL: I don't miss you/ I don't care where you are
Gore: She is the aftermath (gore) of the guy's choices. His vice
Phantom Bride: direct thoughts about the woman. She is dead to him, maybe not literally but figuratively

I was also reading someones take that Prayers/Triangles was about depression which, I don't know if I buy, would fit into this theme.

Even if I'm way off, it makes the album fun when I listen

Hearts/Wires is very personal, talks about someone leaving, weather it's about one woman or not, that still counts as a concept.

What was you take on Heart/Wires? Also Pittura Infamante follows it up with common symbol.  The "razorwire" could be symbolic for the attachment he still has to something that is no longer present. "the slit in the sky" could be symbolic of the pain caused by separation.

In Pittura Infamante, I feel like he is moving toward anger, or through bargaining perhaps the whole album is one take on the 5 stages of grief.

When I read about Pittura Infamante, it relates clearly to the Tarot card "The Hanged Man" Pittura Infamante is a genre of art around the Christian Art era, meaning "Defaming Portrait" that basically the song is a defaming portrait of a person. And by (L)MIRL, we are clearly near acceptance, well, perhaps. Who knows.

I am loving the hell out of this album, over and over again.

TheyCallMeP

Hearts/Wires I take as heartache over someone you love. Almost like a failed relationship you wish you could do over. The heart is the love aspect and the razor wire is the pain that surrounds the relationship. Also the lyrics "I hope that you first save yourself/ and then come for me" highlights the selflessness of the relationship despite the pain.

(L)MIRL is clever in text as in let's meet in real life. It's about (to me) a past relationship in a negative aspects. The title relates to being part of the past to the narrator's perspective. "I don't care where you are" and " I don't miss you."

As for PI, I am not too sure of.

I love this album.

gwenudo

Can i just bring this back to life? I know this is the Gore thread but i was watching some of their live performances and i almost forgot this gem existed... This is the kind of sound i miss.. Beautiful, yet so fucking brutal and dark and melodic.. http://youtu.be/OB-MUGVdZp8

Was it like it seemed?...