Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore CD Released With Jewel Case?

Started by truthaddict, Apr 09, 2016, 08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truthaddict

I pre-ordered Gore, and was surprised to get a Digi-Pack case.  All of the Deftones albums before this have been released with jewel cases only, at least here in the US.

Does anyone know if a jewel case version of Gore exists?  Maybe in another country or something?

ANattyRat

Nope, seems to just be the digipack.

truthaddict

That sucks.  I really prefer jewel cases.  I think Digi-Packs are cheaper to produce though, so I understand why it's done.

Rally Sweat

Quote from: truthaddict on Apr 09, 2016, 08:49 PM
That sucks.  I really prefer jewel cases.  I think Digi-Packs are cheaper to produce though, so I understand why it's done.

Whaaaaa?! Pretty much all my jewel cases are smashed to fuck! Discs all loose. Hate it when those little teeth that keep the CDs in start to break off! Digipacks just get a little torn/faded. Yeah...I don't look after my shit AT ALL.

mrpelon94

OcTCaNnIBaL22

I like the jewel cases better. CD's get scratched up more in the digi-packs.
Re sing, Re string, Unwind

truthaddict

Quote from: OcTCaNnIBaL22 on Apr 09, 2016, 11:27 PM
I like the jewel cases better. CD's get scratched up more in the digi-packs.

Yep

slyartwork

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

sooniletugo

I kinda like them too. Jewel cases get so scratched.

N0S3BLEED976

Digipack with a plastic retainer is the best of both worlds, really

Rally Sweat

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 10, 2016, 02:28 PM

Good point. Depends on the material too - I've got some albums that are made from rough card with nothing to cushion the cd. Needless to say the discs are pretty fucked.

mono

I like the digipack too, jewel cases always cracks

slyartwork

slyartwork

77years

Not sure why but I freaking love that gravel parking lot picture

defTHE1s

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 10, 2016, 02:28 PM
Indeed.

If there is a Digipack edition of an album, I'm definetely buying it rather than jewelcase but within Deftones world it's strange or we are get used to use jewelcase

@Sly
Thanks that's dope, lucky that my wife knows how to properly print those to make them look pro  8)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

deftones47

I'm neutral on this. I don't care if I get a CD in a jewel case or a digipack, just as long as I have it.

truthaddict

Thanks for the scans.  I'm not good with this type of stuff, but might give it a try.

truthaddict

For anyone interested, the album was actually released with a jewel case in Russia.  I bought one, and like it a lot better than the digipack that we got in the states. 

You can find some on ebay.  It has a booklet for the front cover, just like the booklet we got in the states.  There is a card in front of the booklet, which has the band name, album title, and a radio station logo.  But you can just take that card out, so it will have the normal cover.