Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The setlist... for real?

Started by Moana91, May 18, 2016, 06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckles

Yeah we all get that... But if chino and Sergio have time to change the colors of their hair & the rest also have time to do whatever they do best... I'm pretty sure they'll find the time to do some rehearsal and bring new stuff to the table...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Moana91

Really sad to hear that response from Steph. It's almost insulting. First of all, each member should know his part on every single song from every single album perfectly. Secondly, they can always use soundchecks as rehearsals for new songs. See right on the venue if they're feeling it being playable. I mean, it's not like it's a Mozart symphony.

It sounds like, "ok listen, we have responsabilities more important than playing for you our new album, which by the way IS the reason we are talking right now, going off for MONTHS to tour around the world, have a giant canvas of the flamingos every night on the back of the stage, etc, etc."

A real joke. What a shame.
Good evening... and welcome to the white pony

mrpelon94

They just seem lazy at this point to try new stuff live..steph more than anything always blazing..nothing wrong with that but complains when other people party or what direction of the band is going...how can anything change if your set to play the only songs you know how to play live.

stu_101

My bet is that they're holding off debuting live Gore songs for Europe.

When they were forced to cancel  the euro tour in November (and rightly so), they did say they'd make it up to fans.
I reckon at the first euro show (Wembley, London), we'll hear a tonne of Gore material live for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B_S_79

Quote from: jaypayton on May 20, 2016, 01:55 AM
basically steph says in the interview they are bored of playing the same old songs but dont feel like being bothered to get together to rehearse different songs LMAO..maybe Chino could take the time out of his busy schedule fronting 7 other bands???...the guy just admitted they are too lazy to be bothered to change the set,....unreal. if ever there was a death knell for a band...too fucking lazy to be bothered to rehearse...what a joke

They don't feel like rehearsing? Did he actually say that?

What a fucking joke.

ANattyRat

Quote from: stu_101 on May 20, 2016, 12:59 PM
My bet is that they're holding off debuting live Gore songs for Europe.

When they were forced to cancel  the euro tour in November (and rightly so), they did say they'd make it up to fans.
I reckon at the first euro show (Wembley, London), we'll hear a tonne of Gore material live for the first time.

I hope you're right because I'm going to that show, but I'm 90% sure it'll be exactly the same as the current setlist.

I get what Stef is saying and it shines a light on something that I didn't consider, but they're playing MX and WHTY, which they haven't played in a long time/ever. They obviously can play new songs. It might take them longer to rehearse them enough that they're solid, but they've had the songs finished for a very long time, they could've rehearsed any time they were together. I still hope they debut more new songs. Like yeah, Rocket Skates and Diamond Eyes you guys are solid at playing...because you've been playing them every single show since 2010. Time for a change.

arsenalfc

Well, Radiohead opened with the first 5 songs of their new album and played (most of) the rest of it during the rest of the show, still playing...

B_S_79

Quote from: arsenalfc on May 20, 2016, 08:17 PM
Well, Radiohead opened with the first 5 songs of their new album and played (most of) the rest of it during the rest of the show, still playing...

LOL. I was coming here to say the exact same thing. Following the set list tweets. HAHA

Cullision

Radiohead has its shit together.

Hidalgo

they need to try out all their songs live a few times at least. yes even phantom bridef without a random cowboy to play the solo. Stephen needs to actually sit down and practice it & tinker around until he has it down(Jerry would be super proud of him i bet, & would gladly send him the tabs if he's not sure of them. but 0.00000000% chance of this, Stef would never in a billion years try and learn it )they should at the very least played doomed user and hearts/wires. both sounded fine live when they played them

sing blue silver

Quote from: arsenalfc on May 20, 2016, 08:17 PM

When I saw Radiohead back on the In Rainbows tour they played every single song off the album.

B_S_79

All I've been hearing from this band are excuses:

They don't like playing new songs before the album comes out because they want the fans to hear the recorded version first.

Chino won't play songs from
S/T and SNW because it was a tough time for the band.

Now, they don't feel like rehearsing new songs? YOU HAVE ONE JOB: RECORD AND PERFORM SONGS. People pay money to buy your recordings and listen to the new songs that are supposed to be performed.

I've never been more disappointed with this band.

sooniletugo

I'm stoked they're playing Mx, at least.

fortysixand2

I was so excited for this new album and tour. I was ready to go to like 2-3 shows all of which are more than 2 hours away but not after looking at that setlist. Is this the Around the Fur Tour or Gore Tour?! I'll go to a show if it comes to town but I'm not going out of my way.

B0RNtoR0CK

Personally, i'd be disappointed if they played more than 2 tracks from Gore. All i need to hear is Hearts/wires, Acid hologram, and maybe rubicon.

normsteez

They should be able to pull off any song in their catalog without rehearsing I would think. They have been doing this for enough time where the song should just be second nature to them.

That interview just reiterated the fact that I will not be seeing them live until something changes........sad man
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

normsteez

Quote from: B_S_79 on May 21, 2016, 01:17 PM
All I've been hearing from this band are excuses:

They don't like playing new songs before the album comes out because they want the fans to hear the recorded version first.

Chino won't play songs from
S/T and SNW because it was a tough time for the band.

Now, they don't feel like rehearsing new songs? YOU HAVE ONE JOB: RECORD AND PERFORM SONGS. People pay money to buy your recordings and listen to the new songs that are supposed to be performed.

I've never been more disappointed with this band.

You are right.....they have ONE job - deftones!! They are just going through the motions.

I would bet most of the people seeing them live nowadays have never seen them before and it sucks because they are seeing a shell of the band we love
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

B_S_79

You know who releases new albums just as a formality? Nostalgia acts. Bands that never alter the set list, never plays new songs. Jimmy fucking Buffett does that. Stone Temple Pilots did that.

These shows are cash grabs. The summer tour set list better change.

So disappointed.

slyartwork

Notice how SNW is not included in Stef's guitar rack lists....
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

B_S_79

Quote from: slyartwork on May 23, 2016, 08:18 AM

Notice how SNW is not included in Stef's guitar rack lists....

Didn't see Gore there either. Haha.