Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones at Wembley

Started by arsenalfc, Jun 03, 2016, 08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arsenalfc

Is anyone there and caring to share the setlist as we go?

Cheers

sooniletugo

B_S_79

Well, that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sooniletugo

Didn't expect any different but I hoped for another new song.

stu_101

Chinos vox were sic! And I really, really mean that. Set list was much the same which was a bit disappointing. Nothing new from Gore.

sooniletugo

No Doomed User or Hearts/Wires, what's up wit dat. Cmon guys.

LG95

Show was very good though. Rocket Skates into Shove It was sick and the energy Chino put into his performance was mightily impressive.

Only real shame was that the sound, at least where I was standing, was really lacking clarity; mainly Stephen's guitar. Kind of took away from some of the songs. Haven't actually seen a gig at Wembley Arena where the sound was even remotely good tbh.
I could float here forever

sooniletugo

Can't wait to see them at Download next week!

stu_101

Quote from: LG95 on Jun 03, 2016, 11:58 PM
Show was very good though. Rocket Skates into Shove It was sick and the energy Chino put into his performance was mightily impressive.

Only real shame was that the sound, at least where I was standing, was really lacking clarity; mainly Stephen's guitar. Kind of took away from some of the songs. Haven't actually seen a gig at Wembley Arena where the sound was even remotely good tbh.
Sound at Wembley arena is always questionable.

LG95

Quote from: stu_101 on Jun 04, 2016, 12:29 AM
Quote from: LG95 on Jun 03, 2016, 11:58 PM

Sound at Wembley arena is always questionable.

Unfortunately, yep. Next time I'd like them to go back to doing Brixton Academy instead.
I could float here forever

ANattyRat

Just got home an hour ago. Brilliant show. Exact same setlist, which sucks from an objective point of view, but being there and seeing my favourite band live again, I wasn't disappointed at all. Got to hear quite a few songs I hadn't heard them play until now, and WHTY is one of my favourite songs from Koi No Yokan, and I like how it sounds live. Even Chino's high notes sounded great, not just on that song but throughout (at least from what I could hear, the sound was a bit bad at times). And MX is one of my favourite Deftones songs of all time, so to hear them play that was definitely an awesome experience. Chino did that super long scream during Rosemary again too, which was great.

nineteen

Good to hear Rickets again. Really enjoyed it overall.

Rally Sweat

Great energy all round, but yeah Steph's guitar was too quiet - Chino's drowned it out a lot, as did Frank's effects in Rocket Skates. The ending to Rosemary was soooooo much better than on the record (haven't seen any live vids before).

stu_101

I was really looking forward to WHTY. IMO, it didn't work live. Was prob the poor sound at Wembley. Rosemary was incredible. Whole band were very tight and chino was on fire. Strange no more gore songs.

Rally Sweat

Totally agree on WHTY. It was great to see it played, but you couldn't hear the guitar harmonies, or the bass really. Pah, first time hearing them live so probably being waaaay too picky about it!

el perro

I thought they sounded pretty good. Stef's guitar was probably the clearest I've ever heard it.

sooniletugo

WHTY doesn't work that well live from what I've seen. It's not one of my favourites anyway, but it sounds even weaker live. They're missing a trick by not playing Hearts/Wires, man. It sounded amazing at Jimmy Kimmel.

Glad y'all had fun, I wish I could've gone. The laser light show looked wicked. And it's still a killer setlist, Im jealous that I probably won't hear MX or Rubicon at Download.

sooniletugo

by God, Prince is fucking awesome. I saw it live in 2010 but shit, welcome back to the setlist bro. Just watching clips from Wembley. Love those growls at the end, absolutely killer.

Hidalgo

Quote from: sooniletugo on Jun 04, 2016, 10:26 AM
WHTY doesn't work that well live from what I've seen. It's not one of my favourites anyway, but it sounds even weaker live. They're missing a trick by not playing Hearts/Wires, man. It sounded amazing at Jimmy Kimmel.

Glad y'all had fun, I wish I could've gone. The laser light show looked wicked. And it's still a killer setlist, Im jealous that I probably won't hear MX or Rubicon at Download.
i guess it's because the begining of hearts/wires has a little guitar solo (he did it once live and it freaked him out probably), & Stephen is so anti solo it's boarderline insane. watch, he'll never EVER do the phantom bride solo, EVER. if they ever play it live, some random hero from another band will play it for him. he needs his man card revoked. the band can't play their new single cause he's too lazy to learn the solo. step up Stephen, jeeesh

Vesanic