Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino solo performance in Iceland in a VOLCANO?

Started by B_S_79, Jun 14, 2016, 05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dryalex12

OH DUDE ITS THAT VOLCANO.

Im like an expert when it comes to volcanoes.
that one is awesome because you can literally go inside of it. like down the crater in go inside of the volcano. its badass

Shadow46/2

Don't die chino. :(

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

B_S_79

I'm actually going to Iceland in 2 weeks. Just checked out the website and I think this will be part of my trip. The pictures look AMAZING.

B_S_79

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Jun 14, 2016, 06:19 PM
Don't die chino. :(

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I know one thing he WONT do - play songs from Gore. :-)

Martin

cvthedrv

nicklav

Inkblades

This show sounds like a real hot ticket. A HA. A HA. A HA.

But seriously, I hope this is pro-shot. It would be crazy not to. Setlist should also be interesting. Wonder if he'll do just 'tones songs or songs from the other bands as well.

Dryalex12

there's a hole in

THE EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTH

astynk

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jun 14, 2016, 07:25 PM
i hope he die, this is awful.
maybe then they'll release Eros or at least what has been recorded

ANattyRat

Well, that's unique. I doubt it'll be proshot even though it should be because it sounds insanely awesome, and we definitely won't get videos because there's only 20 people there. Wonder what songs he'll be playing. I hope it is recorded :\ seriously.

mrpelon94

WickedBreath

Quote from: mrpelon94 on Jun 15, 2016, 11:42 PM
i thought this was a joke?  ???

I think everyone did at first, I know I couldn't take it seriously for a second. :D

Of course, as an artist you're free to do what you want to express and satisfy yourself first and foremost, and I'm sure it will be a special experience no matter what for both Chino and the crowd. But I just fucking hate when performances get so intimate that you can only fit such a small amount of people in, who aren't even fans, because they took the tickets before knowing who it was. A similar thing will happen this year at the Tuska festival (which is the biggest metal festival here in Finland) where Swallow The Sun will play an acoustic show for 100 people that get in not by pre-order, not by lining up, but by random selection amongst those who have bought a ticket for the festival. Ridiculous.

I'm also worried that a solo show may not be the ideal way for Chino's presence to shine through. In such a setting, all his flaws will shine clear as day. I love him and I love when musicians are sincere in their delivery, not afraid of mistakes and humanly committing them. But there's a chance it will sound really unprofessional, but anyway, that's a problem for the attendees, who must have thought they would get to see some really brutal sludge metal inside a volcano.   ;D

mrpelon94

chino and the rest of the band need to focus on deftones and only deftones performing and playing new songs  and old before its too late and before chino thinks the best way for him is to play with other people as much as possible...im just saying..

glasstone1983

Chino's wife just posted a clip of 'Dial-a-Cliché' by Morrissey that he played. Hope we can get a full video of this I shit when I heard that.

sooniletugo

Agameoftwo

'no vs. The Volcano. I hope he bought some sweet ass luggage

Bifrost

That was pretty bad...  yikes  :-\

Next time some one asks Chino to do an acoustic set he should probably pass... just sayin.