Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken

stinkfist

I'm having trouble connecting the electricity theme to a beach but... digital beach???

buflen

why would they do the billboard AND the website reveal if it wasn't the artwork. makes about 0 sense. Anyone can come here and say things as if they know.

Draken

Draken

nicklav

LG95

Quote from: buflen on Aug 19, 2020, 07:50 PM
why would they do the billboard AND the website reveal if it wasn't the artwork. makes about 0 sense. Anyone can come here and say things as if they know.
I'm with you at the moment.
I could float here forever

sharinglungs

And why would they "reveal" the name yesterday and then blow the lid on the album art the next, and make no announcement? It's gotta be coming... maybe for the third announcement tonight?

LG95

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 19, 2020, 07:54 PM
And why would they "reveal" the name yesterday and then blow the lid on the album art the next, and make no announcement? It's gotta be coming... maybe for the third announcement tonight?
Maybe in five minutes?
I could float here forever

RaptureWS

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 19, 2020, 07:52 PM

Probably right, but then again, the billboard doesn't name the band or the album. It's only a billboard for hardcore fans. It's not really an "ad" IMO. The billboard show the top half of the pic being revealed this week. Not the bottom half though. The bottom half could still be missing almost everything and change the entire context. IDK, just speculation :)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

There Will Be Blood

RaptureWS

Quote from: thatdeftkid on Aug 19, 2020, 07:45 PM
Think rebirth. Not dark.

Chino mentioned as much in the Kerrang article. Anyone could have read the article and made this statement. I want to believe you so much though. I think I will believe you actually. It makes me happy to think an insider, possibly even a band member, is here among us :)

stinkfist

So... A woman's crying face on a beach with circuits and a moth on top... and dolphins in the background? Am I missing something?

thatdeftkid

Quote from: stinkfist on Aug 19, 2020, 07:59 PM
So... A woman's crying face on a beach with circuits and a moth on top... and dolphins in the background? Am I missing something?

Yes

buflen

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 19, 2020, 07:56 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Aug 19, 2020, 07:52 PM

Probably right, but then again, the billboard doesn't name the band or the album. It's only a billboard for hardcore fans. It's not really an "ad" IMO. The billboard show the top half of the pic being revealed this week. Not the bottom half though. The bottom half could still be missing almost everything and change the entire context. IDK, just speculation :)

the billboard has much more dots on it than on the website. Since the website reveals, only dots has been added, not removed. i fully expect the album art to be all with dots with just a few dark dots (the eyes). if this art is not even used it would have been a crazy amount of wasted time for the marketing team.

RaptureWS

Quote from: thatdeftkid on Aug 19, 2020, 08:01 PM
Quote from: stinkfist on Aug 19, 2020, 07:59 PM

Yes

lol, man I thought I was done altering the image in Piccy. Nope. I'm gonna keep at it until I see something that isn't a face :)

buflen

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 19, 2020, 07:59 PM
Quote from: thatdeftkid on Aug 19, 2020, 07:45 PM
Think rebirth. Not dark.

Chino mentioned as much in the Kerrang article. Anyone could have read the article and made this statement. I want to believe you so much though. I think I will believe you actually. It makes me happy to think an insider, possibly even a band member, is here among us :)

I am a nigerian prince and I want to give you 10 million dollars. If you send me your bank information.