Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken

I'm not sure who was saying it but it was an "insider" telling all of us "2 more hours" until it became a joke. Of course, now we know the story of why SNW took so damn long to come out.

Inkblades

This is totally my fanboy bias talking, but the one thing I want to see even more than Ohms getting a high score on Metacritic is for it to take the number one album of 2020 on sputnikmusic:

https://www.sputnikmusic.com/best/albums/2020/

They are pretty highly regarded on that site by most of the users so we'll see. The #1 album they have to beat has a 4.2 score, so I think they have a good shot.

Draken

Quote from: Playhouse on Aug 21, 2020, 02:23 AM
"2 More hours" definitely started just before the drop of leathers, I remember it so well.

I swear there were tweets and info swirling all around mentioning the new single drop, and the time would change constantly.

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2020, 02:24 AM
It was either DE or KNY. I think it was DE.

tokyodrifter joined in 2015 before Gore dropped, he caught on the joke once

I now feel inclined to search haha

dearthx1

I don't know if they were supposed to yet or not, but a local music chain near me put up pre-orders for the album and I just ordered the indie limited edition gold colored vinyl :)

Vesanic

Playhouse might be right

Quote from: dearthx1 on Aug 21, 2020, 02:30 AM
I don't know if they were supposed to yet or not, but a local music chain near me put up pre-orders for the album and I just ordered the indie limited edition gold colored vinyl :)

A local music chain?

dearthx1

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2020, 02:30 AM
Playhouse might be right

Quote from: dearthx1 on Aug 21, 2020, 02:30 AM

A local music chain?

Yeah, a place called Bullmoose music. It's a New England chain. Here's the link: https://www.bullmoose.com/search?q=deftones%20ohms&so=0&page=1

Vesanic

Found the link but it doesn't work for me

GR1X7S

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 21, 2020, 02:25 AM
This is totally my fanboy bias talking, but the one thing I want to see even more than Ohms getting a high score on Metacritic is for it to take the number one album of 2020 on sputnikmusic:

They are pretty highly regarded on that site by most of the users so we'll see. The #1 album they have to beat has a 4.2 score, so I think they have a good shot.

Yeah I'd love that. They do have one of the most consistent discographies on there. Multiple 4s. WP is sitting on 4.4 which is a rare rating by far

thatdeftkid

Quote from: GR1X7S on Aug 21, 2020, 02:39 AM

Yeah I'd love that. They do have one of the most consistent discographies on there. Multiple 4s. WP is sitting on 4.4 which is a rare rating by far

You haven't seen consistent rankings on that site until you search for Chevelle. They even have a joke in their band description for it.

sharinglungs

I like gold vinyl but it seems like everyone does that now... hopefully we'll see some cool color variants.

Playhouse

Quote from: Draken on Aug 21, 2020, 02:24 AM
I'm not sure who was saying it but it was an "insider" telling all of us "2 more hours" until it became a joke. Of course, now we know the story of why SNW took so damn long to come out.

lol thats right!
You're a star, You blaze

GR1X7S

Got the indie exclusive in the cart. To pull the trigger now or wait to see what the Deftones store site offers.. 🤔

GR1X7S

Quote from: thatdeftkid on Aug 21, 2020, 02:46 AM
Quote from: GR1X7S on Aug 21, 2020, 02:39 AM

You haven't seen consistent rankings on that site until you search for Chevelle. They even have a joke in their band description for it.

I gotta check that out lol

glassdomino

GR1X7S

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 21, 2020, 02:47 AM
I like gold vinyl but it seems like everyone does that now... hopefully we'll see some cool color variants.

Gotta love those single LP prices though amirite?  With that said the label will likely post there's for $30+ and we'll still eat it up without hesitation.

beansandcornbread

"2 More hours" definitely started just before the drop of leathers, I remember it so well.

I swear there were tweets and info swirling all around mentioning the new single drop, and the time would change constantly.

This is correct.  It was maddening.

sharinglungs

Quote from: GR1X7S on Aug 21, 2020, 03:01 AM

Gotta love those single LP prices though amirite?  With that said the label will likely post there's for $30+ and we'll still eat it up without hesitation.

I'll probably be paying $50CDN to get one in Canada... so :(

Digaums

Happy new year, guys. This is our time.

GR1X7S

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 21, 2020, 03:08 AM
Quote from: GR1X7S on Aug 21, 2020, 03:01 AM

I'll probably be paying $50CDN to get one in Canada... so :(

That's a bummer...

2 more hours?

976-EVIL

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Aug 21, 2020, 03:02 AM

This is correct.  It was maddening.

Yep, that's right! 10 minutes...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.