Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Greg Puciato - Child Soldier: Creator of God

Started by Inkblades, Oct 01, 2020, 11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Some reviewer leaked Greg's album so he put it up on his Bandcamp. Fantastic album. I love his voice. It's kind of a mix of his different styles: some heavier stuff, some more melodic The Black Queen type stuff.

https://gregpuciato.bandcamp.com/album/child-soldier-creator-of-god

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 01, 2020, 11:41 PM
Some reviewer leaked Greg's album so he put it up on his Bandcamp. Fantastic album. I love his voice. It's kind of a mix of his different styles: some heavier stuff, some more melodic The Black Queen type stuff.

https://gregpuciato.bandcamp.com/album/child-soldier-creator-of-god

It's a pretty good album but I think it is leaning toward The Black Queen than good ol' TDEP which isn't bad but I dunno I guess I wanted to hear more hardcore sound.

Inkblades

Yeah and it's kind of interesting that the heaviest songs were all singles. I actually prefer TBQ to TDEP (which I do like) so I don't mind so much. He can scream with the best of them but his falsetto and croon are even stronger IMO.

LG95

I like that he's bringing together all his influences into this. That's what you should do on a solo record I think.
I could float here forever

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 02, 2020, 03:03 AM
Yeah and it's kind of interesting that the heaviest songs were all singles. I actually prefer TBQ to TDEP (which I do like) so I don't mind so much. He can scream with the best of them but his falsetto and croon are even stronger IMO.

After listening to it a lot more I can say the album is growing up on me, not for a couple of songs but as a whole. Atm really digging Temporary Object, Evacuation and Heartfree. Also since the album was released early I hope it means the vinyl pre-orders are getting release soon and not until February which seems so far away.

RoyalDeftonicBoy